CaPn bOnEs

It's Official!! Spring 2013...

i still think they'll release it during x-mas to steal lime-light from other games...

EDIT: take back what i said... just saw the letter for promotions.

I'm so frickin HYPED for this game it's unbelievable...hopefully they'll release this trailer by monday but if Sandy really has slowed them down we'll probably have to wait a few more days :(

The 2nd trailer is complete. think about it they wrote the letter, lets say on Monday and send it to game stores on Tuesday. People in New York started to lose power on Wednesday. Letter got to game shops by Thursday. The trailer was meant to be released on Wednesday after the announcement that GTA 5 will come out spring 2013.

• Like 1

Yeah it's definitely completed, it's not like they're rendering it or finishing it off, it's probably been finished for a while now, and they were waiting for the 1 year mark to release it, which was fucked by sandy.

wouldent it suck if the blackout made all there computers glitch out and erase all the gta5 info

Would suck, but GTA V is being developed @R*North so there's nothing really to worry about where GTA V is concerned.

wouldent it suck if the blackout made all there computers glitch out and erase all the gta5 info

They probably use UPS's. Blackout comes, save the project file, back it up and gtfo and keep it safe.

They probably use UPS's. Blackout comes, save the project file, back it up and gtfo and keep it safe.

Its interesting that they failed to do that for the trailer...

Its interesting that they failed to do that for the trailer...

Web servers are probably US based and were partially down, what with Hurricane Sandy. Decided to wait off on releasing the trailer until some were back on before putting the trailer up and having the website slow to a crawl?

I don't think the trailer was in danger of being wiped at all. R* HQ is in charge of marketing so that's where most of the stuff we see comes from. Even if the trailer was done (I'll bet plenty of money they work on it until the release just like thier games) the computer/server it's stored on may not have been accessible due to the blackout. On top of that the people whose job it is to update the site and social media outlets may not have been able to do so with the blackout either. I know a lot of them live in the NYC area for obvious reasons so their own homes may have been without power too.

• Like 1

Web servers are probably US based and were partially down, what with Hurricane Sandy. Decided to wait off on releasing the trailer until some were back on before putting the trailer up and having the website slow to a crawl?

I would speculate that Cyantist is on the right track here. Releasing a GTA trailer is not a simple matter of uploading it to a server and making it available to the world. As soon as it hits, the site will be under incredible load trying to handle the worldwide demand. If proper load balancing isn't in place, our insatiable appetites alone will bring the site to its knees. I'm guessing the real holdup isn't getting power to Rockstar HQ; there's likely a datacenter somewhere in NYC or along the eastern seaboard recovering from the storm, and that datacenter that is a key cog in the marketing machine.

• Like 1

I would speculate that Cyantist is on the right track here. Releasing a GTA trailer is not a simple matter of uploading it to a server and making it available to the world. As soon as it hits, the site will be under incredible load trying to handle the worldwide demand. If proper load balancing isn't in place, our insatiable appetites alone will bring the site to its knees. I'm guessing the real holdup isn't getting power to Rockstar HQ; there's likely a datacenter somewhere in NYC or along the eastern seaboard recovering from the storm, and that datacenter that is a key cog in the marketing machine.

They could have just uploaded it to youtube till everything got back to order. It would take alot of strain off thier website.

It's scary how you know EXACTLY where it is on that picture. Granted you are are a fireman in New york but still.... that's pretty good. lol

Oh I just saw the words "approximate". Less impressive :)