Pieface

What is Your Favourite GTA?

Grand Theft Auto  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All of them were brilliant when they first came out to me. Haven't really got a favorite, spent the most time playing San Andreas but wouldn't spend 2 minutes on it now.

Same I try to play it but I get turned off by the graphics, but it will always hold a special place in my heart lol

I also liked IV a lot, the story was deep and engaging But the only thing people seem to remember from IV is that there was nothing to do, which is a shame.

The story was excellent, right up there with Vice City and San Andreas in my opinion.

I thought the story started off well, then just got a bit dull to be honest. Unless you mean TBOGT and TLAD?

The story as a whole, if you were to put all 3 DLC's in chronological order.

I liked TLAD best though, Johnny was a great character and the bike handling was modified so a small ledge didn't have you off your bike, couple that with a great story.

The thing I hated about TLAD was the shitty ass house you got at the end. It felt like I had failed the game when I completed it.

Same I try to play it but I get turned off by the graphics, but it will always hold a special place in my heart lol

I sunk 800 hours into it back in 2007/8. Could I honestly do that again? Difficult, but I could easily put in another 200 within the next year, just in offline mode.

hard 1 this. went with gta3 as it was the first gta game i ever played. i remember playing that game so much i deleted my brothers files so i could replay the game from scratch!!! also ther were 2 london gta's and weres tlad and tbogt???

hard 1 this. went with gta3 as it was the first gta game i ever played. i remember playing that game so much i deleted my brothers files so i could replay the game from scratch!!! also ther were 2 london gta's and weres tlad and tbogt???

GTA London and GTA Four are just umbrella terms. 1969 and 1961 weren't all that different and neither were TLAD or TBOGT

May be where your adventure started. the first game i played was vice city. Which is my favorite. I remember getting on a faggio and driving about with michael jackson on the radio. Ahhh the good old days!

maybe the most memberale part out of all the GTA's that will stick in my head forever..truly amazing

San Andreas

This is my favorite game ever. Ever. It's also my proper introduction to the GTA series, since I was a bit young when the others game out. But even though I played it in 2008 and the graphics were quite a bit dated by that point, I was just blown away. The world was so big, varied and fun, there was so much fun/cool stuff to see and do, the story and characters were awesome, and the gameplay was a blast. I was already having a ton of fun in Los Santos, but when CJ got dumped in the middle of Bumblefuck California, that's when the sheer scope of everything set in and I realized this was a truly special game. Near the end of the game, I even had a hard time leaving my Xbox, I was so caught up in it.

And I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people who prefer the soundtrack here to the soundtrack in Vice City. This game single-handedly made me a passionate fan of hip-hop/rap music. I started with the stuff in the game like Ice Cube and Eazy-E, but then it just fucking snowballed and I started getting into all kinds of rap artists. I'd say that this game is responsible for about 70% of my music collection!

Sure, it's not perfect. There are a lot of annoying things in it (fuck that damn dancing minigame... though oddly I didn't mind the low-rider game, even though it was basically the same thing) and some of the missions can be damned aggravating. Not to mention many of the standard GTA kinks, like the lack of checkpoints and those damn Paramedic missions. But despite all this I never really got too frustrated because there I was just having so much fun with all the cool stuff in the game.

I've played through the story about 3 times now, and I've just bought the Mac version and am playing it on my laptop. I quickly went about installing a mod, namely the Lil Q mod that increases the draw distance and works more realistic-looking weather and much more beautiful sunrises and sunsets, so now it's like a whole new game.

• Like 1

I don't like country music but I must say that sanandreas had some good songs.

Louisiana woman Mississippi man.

I played san andreas on my playstation 2 when it came out and i thought it was awesome. My opinion is that they could just upgrade SA to the graphic and the handling gta 4 have and release it for xbox 360. I would have bought it :clap: But offcourse i rather buy gta 5 than gta san andseas (upgrated version)

I keep changing my mind as to which is my favourite over the years... As I mature, so does my memories, and I think I have came to the conclusion that they're all my favourite. Every GTA is an elements of the same game type after all. They're like chapters rather than individual books for example. I know they don't all relate, but that's how I see it anyway.

What ever provokes a memory of a GTA game at that time, will probably make that my favourite for a while, and then I'll probably go play it for a bit...

Oh how i love GTA.

:fap:

• Like 4

I keep changing my mind as to which is my favourite over the years... As I mature, so does my memories, and I think I have came to the conclusion that they're all my favourite. Every GTA is an elements of the same game type after all. They're like chapters rather than individual books for example. I know they don't all relate, but that's how I see it anyway.

What ever provokes a memory of a GTA game at that time, will probably make that my favourite for a while, and then I'll probably go play it for a bit...

Oh how i love GTA.

:fap:

You exactly captured how I feel about this series. I find it difficult to choose just one because each one has something unique that makes it my favourite. I still love hearing a "GTA song" come up on the radio and the memories it inspires.

icon11.gif

I agree with what Duppy is saying but I boil it down to the fact of what game I played the most.....It's SA. Beat it 8 times on Ps2, and 4 times on PC.

GTA4, 6 times on PS3..hallf way on PC.

I'd usually say on such occassion that GTA III is the shit, partly due to the fact that it's my first contact with the GTA world. GTA III was also the groundbreaking enterprise, it marks the beginning of the sandbox genre (I guess). But all in all, San Andreas has more assets, offers much more possibilities and finally has a protagonist that doesn't drown in water!

GTA San Andreas has to be. Great story line, my type of graphics and gamemode. City is lovely with all the buildings and the type of places. The Multiplayer of GTA SA on PC is even better! 10/10

I remember before GTA San Andreas even came out there were like a hundred 0 ratings on Metacritic for it from all the jealous Xbox Fanboys. It was a truly epic game and one of if not the best experiences I had on the PS2 and in gaming in general. I was still in High School at the time it came out and became so absorbed in it's world I had to take a couple of weeks off from school just to satiate my apatite for it.

It's just great when you go into a game with zero expectations only to be blown away. These days it seems to be the opposite.

Ofcourse it's hard to go back to it now as a previous poster implied. But it's like that with gaming in general. Everything advances so much it's hard to go back to the old graphics and mechanics which were later improved upon. But at the time it had know real competition to it's dominance as the #1 game.

I mean who even remembers Halo 2, it was just another generic shooter. But San Andreas was something special.

• Like 1