Pieface

What is Your Favourite GTA?

Grand Theft Auto  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nobody voted for IV. It did lack a certain charm the previous generation of games had i'll admit.

Yup. Something about it seemed really sterile. And the game world was wasted. For example, the train/subway network was massive, and yet it was barely used in the story. San Andreas had a similar problem, but the world was much bigger, so that could be excused.

Anyway, I gave my vote to Vice City, as i think it got the GTA formula just right. VCS would have been equally as good if it had been designed for the PS2 in the first place.

That's why I want a more urban story to the next game, more subway tunnels and ghettos, fewer penthouses and rich assholes. Of course, if the next GTA is set in Los Santos, we''ll probably just get more penthouses and rich assholes.

Nobody voted for IV. It did lack a certain charm the previous generation of games had i'll admit.

Yup. Something about it seemed really sterile. And the game world was wasted. For example, the train/subway network was massive, and yet it was barely used in the story. San Andreas had a similar problem, but the world was much bigger, so that could be excused.

Anyway, I gave my vote to Vice City, as i think it got the GTA formula just right. VCS would have been equally as good if it had been designed for the PS2 in the first place.

That's why I want a more urban story to the next game, more subway tunnels and ghettos, fewer penthouses and rich assholes. Of course, if the next GTA is set in Los Santos, we''ll probably just get more penthouses and rich assholes.

It'll probably be more extreme at both ends of the scale, like the beginning of SA. You'll start off with tiny, decrepit houses in "tha hood" and work your way up to massive penthouses in Vinewood. For some reason I think i'd prefer if they did San Fierro though.

• Like 1

i would of voted for it if i was given two votes... it is my second favorite GTA... i think i might of spent more time playing GTAIV than i did with any other GTA... but that's because of the online addition...

i would of voted for it if i was given two votes... it is my second favorite GTA... i think i might of spent more time playing GTAIV than i did with any other GTA... but that's because of the online addition...

Saying that, i fuckin miss our fortnightly gaming sessions online. Yeah the scores were pretty predictable, but they were a fun get together. Especially when Barney turned up with his laggy ass!

• Like 1

I'd have to say Vice City. III got me hooked on the brand, but I was so stoked for Vice City to come out and loved what they did with 80's Miami.

A deal breaker was just how you could have insane cop chases/rampages. You could rob a record store or pharmacy, get your two stars and then the next moment you find yourself on top of a building trying to take down a chopper. Rampages were fun in San Andreas, but you couldn't navigate the map fast enough to keep going and places like the countryside had less people to kill when going in between places.

Plus I love the property/empire building of VC, you were the king.

I remembe playingr GTA III and Vice City when I was a kid driving down the street hitting people on motorcycles seeing how far they would fly, then I remember when San Andreas came out and i loved jumping the mountain bike off of Mt. Chiliad and trying to survive. After that my parents went through a stage where they didn't want me to play GTA but I used to borrow my friends Vice City Stories for the PSP. About 2 years ago I got Vice City and San Andreas for the PS2 again and I relived the fun I had when I was a kid but I made the stupid mistake of tradeing my PS2 and all the games for RDR, which was a stupid mistake I know. But I have IV and EFLC but imo they arn't nearly as good as SA or VC.

I remembe playingr GTA III and Vice City when I was a kid driving down the street hitting people on motorcycles seeing how far they would fly, then I remember when San Andreas came out and i loved jumping the mountain bike off of Mt. Chiliad and trying to survive. After that my parents went through a stage where they didn't want me to play GTA but I used to borrow my friends Vice City Stories for the PSP. About 2 years ago I got Vice City and San Andreas for the PS2 again and I relived the fun I had when I was a kid but I made the stupid mistake of tradeing my PS2 and all the games for RDR, which was a stupid mistake I know. But I have IV and EFLC but imo they arn't nearly as good as SA or VC.

yeah same thing, my parents questioned on if i should continue to play GTA at like 1st/K, i had a 14 year old brother and thats how i started playing i will never forget them SA

Without a doubt SA is the best. So much character customisation and the graphics aren't actually that bad! :D

I voted SA here. Mainly because, yes, III was a monumental game, in that it really set the standard for the franchise, and I have been playing since my older brother bought the original for playstation, but SA had a really innovative way of going about its business. I felt as though I earned my keep through taking over gang territories and using hard earned money to buy property. Once I got 100% on the game, I really felt as though I had accomplished something. Then I turn on my lights and realize that I've been sitting on my fat ass for six hours. I would get lost in the story, in the exploration, in the world that was San Andreas. Also: jetpack.

Who voted GTA 1? Lol that was shit. I mean I never even finished them coz it was so stupid.

Probably some hipster who is like " you guys aren't GTA fans, I've been here since day one!"

May be where your adventure started. the first game i played was vice city. Which is my favorite. I remember getting on a faggio and driving about with michael jackson on the radio. Ahhh the good old days! But I now constantly replay the gta 4 story. Just because of the up to date graphics. An the fact that rockstar have taken on the mighty task of another san andreas game shows that they have some nerves! Most definetly Vice city. because it was the game that got me hooked to Gta games ever since.

For me my favourite was SA. I mean, the original GTA is what got me hooked on the series to begin with, III was a massive step forward and turned it into the game we recognise today, IV was just awesome with the storyline and detail but SA had so much. The map was incredibly diverse and there were so many features that even after the story was complete there was still a shit load to be getting on with!