Pieface

What is Your Favourite GTA?

Grand Theft Auto  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I LOVE IV. It's simply awesome. Many people believe that it is shit, but not me. It really doesn't have all that old crap from San Andreas but still, I love it. The great graphics have covered it's lack of other shit.

And now, V will give us all a game we wanted for years :DSHIT!! can't waaaitt!!!

I don't know which GTA would I consider a favorite, but the very first GTA game I ever played was Grand Theft Auto 3. It was an amusing "eye-opener" for me during my late childhood to early teens; my dad used to laugh whenever Claude or that leather-jacket-wearing-mute would just flip off the bird whenever a vehicle honks at him. I had a huge leap over Vice City since I was too young to afford the game, however, I managed to get a copy of San Andreas.

Now, that is the game I wasted a lot of my time on doing nothing but driving around the map, activating pedestrian riot, and no wanted level cheats on; it was my "make-shift" apocalypse game a la Resident Evil. Lol.

And, oh. Chinatown Wars was great too because of how you could still beat the whole game with just a hefty amount of flashbangs and a sword.

i've played GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and IV.

GTA 3 was someyhing new to me being my first 18/M rated game and i enjoed playing it but being fairly young at the time i could never enjoy the story or most of it mature content (spent most of it just driving around doing jumps)

Vice City was awesome fun, i liked playing it but again it eventualy ended up being a piss around game of little interest.

San Andreas remains my fav GTA game mostly because i enjoyed the amoiunt of stuff i could do and the story was interesting enough to keep me playing the missions. the exploring of the map was another thing i liked due to its size (something fallout 3 and new vegas offers which i enjoy finding the little things in) it was in some ways a life simulation having to eat now and then and going to the gym to keep that muscle on CJ or changing my mind and making him fat (always funny to see him run while fat)

GTA IV, i did enjoy, its the only gta game i've actualy finished the story missions and the side missions, the graphics boost was very much welcome (i spent hours getting cars and rolling them over just to put some dents in the roof for the first time in gta), but many of the things i enjoyed from SA had been removed, gyms, car customisation, planes and so on which made it abit boring after awhile and i went back to just playing the game to crash afew cars and run after people over.

so SA is my fav i guess although i don't play it anymore (going back to old game even good ones i can't seem to do as i'm abit of a graphics snob) but from what i'm seeing SA may remain a fav game of mine but V will top it maining from map size and graphics, assuming the words of rockstar and the looks of the screenshots are true to the game.

IV was great because we, the players, were going through a "culture shock" of sorts, just as Niko did. To transition from a blocky universe of wonky physics and Hollywood-esque plots to a crisp, detailed world of gritty greed and dark realism was great, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think that every GTA has felt very different from one another, with each game having it's own atmosphere and feel ( a feeling quite unlike any other games/ and very unique to the GTA Brand ).

I don't know how they do it, but Rockstar always seems to surprise me with the great game-world's they build, and I'm sure that GTA V will be no different.

GTA San Andreas has to be the best, simply because of the amount of stuff to do in it, and for a game that was released in 2004 it was better than any other out there.

I have liked all other GTAs though especially GTA 3 and VCS.

Games are a bit like children, aren't they? The older they are, the more you've dealt with their good points an bad points and the more memories you have with them. The younger they are, the less you know them, the more you wonder how they'll turn out and they tend to be more fun for a while. And of course, they give you absolute euphoria and shit you to tears when they don't do what you want :P

Games are a bit like children, aren't they? The older they are, the more you've dealt with their good points an bad points and the more memories you have with them. The younger they are, the less you know them, the more you wonder how they'll turn out and they tend to be more fun for a while. And of course, they give you absolute euphoria and shit you to tears when they don't do what you want :P

if only the ocean in gta v could be this deep :)

awesome way of wording it dude

Why am I the only person that voted for GTA2?

That game was incredible, and it paved the way for the current GTA's we now know and love.

I think you're talking about GTA III my friend...

Why am I the only person that voted for GTA2?

That game was incredible, and it paved the way for the current GTA's we now know and love.

No I'm taking about GTA2. Overhead view. Shitty graphics.

But awesome gameplay for its time.

Why am I the only person that voted for GTA2? That game was incredible, and it paved the way for the current GTA's we now know and love.
No I'm taking about GTA2. Overhead view. Shitty graphics. But awesome gameplay for its time.

It was exactly like the first game.

Why am I the only person that voted for GTA2? That game was incredible, and it paved the way for the current GTA's we now know and love.
No I'm taking about GTA2. Overhead view. Shitty graphics. But awesome gameplay for its time.

It was exactly like the first game.

Wasn't London the overhead graphics as well?

I have 2 somewhere but still never fired it up.

Bought it interested in the "Bogota" territory...

Indeed it was. Just imagine how low the bar would be today if Rockstar hadn't gotten their shit together by GTA III.

For sure, good point. Would they even be in the top 5 as Bethesda is?

I had liked Activision, but then again, R* and Bethesda much better.

R.I.P. Pandemic....before EA sucked them up and neutered them.

(The original Suffering and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction were awesome)

I know some new gamers who complain about what they've seen of lll, VC, and even SA graphics.

WTF? Bad graphics aside, those are great games. Busted my ass getting 100% in lll and VC.

SA not so hard, more like easy bragging rights at 10x 100% completions.

The graphics in V are phenomenal. I am still impressed every day I play.

I feel like San Andreas is still the best GTA ( especially for it's time/ back in 2004 ), just because of it's feel and atmosphere. GTA V didn't resonate with me as much ( plus three quarters of the music is shit ). But that's not to say that it is a bad game, I just thought it had more potential.

So my ranking would be ( based purely on the Single Player component ) ~

1) GTA San Andreas

2) GTA V

3) GTA lV

4) GTA Vice City

5) GTA lll

6) GTA Liberty City Stories

7) GTA Vice City Stories

8) All the rest

• Like 1

GTA SA had the same atmosphere as every GTA 3 era game... the only difference is that SA had shitty story with no plot, you were in a street gang, you could buy clothes, tattoos, houses and you're a an annoying black guy . Shit Saints Row 1 beat that on their first try. But everyone has an opinion so I respect yours.

And I change my number 1 to GTA IV, the story is just to good.

• Like 1