What are frangible rounds? I already know but I just want you to tell us here so people don't have to waste their time PM'ing you.

frangible bullets break up into tiny particles upon impact, so it is safer for stuff around the impact area. I think police use them in High Populated areas so there is a less chance of Ricochets. I think theyd be used in los santos, and maybe these rounds could be helpful

oh, and there should be the option to suppress sertain weapons, and then take the suppressor of and use it normally. Then terms of vehicle mounted weapons, they could learn alot from the BF3 tanks, and they should make real firing spead for all the weapons. And you should see damage done to things like cars, trees, the ground, buldings, etc, that is rellevent to the caliber the weapon is. So if its a submachine gun or a pistol ( both Normaly use handgun ammo like a 9mm or 45 Acp for a few examples), it should do half the damage to NPCs or objects as lets say an ACR or an AK47 ( the calliber of the ACR is a 5.56mm/223, and the AK is a 7.62X39,or close to a .308) and for larger calibers like a 50 BMG in a pistol or a rifle, it should do more damage to things. Or a 20 mm like mounted on a jet or helicopter, it should shred cars like it does in real life.

chainsaw mechanics.... :whistle:

to slice and rip through grandma carrying her groceries home rival gang members. Blood and organs strung about in the streets. Limbs and dismemberment..... okay maybe taking this a little too far.

On topic: they do need to improve run and gun aspects along with cover and dodge abilities. I'm not asking for bullet time in GTA because that wouldn't fit, but atleast improve on some things. Gun mechanics could include sound effects aswel as physics. Remember RDR where you could carry all guns on the gun wheel thing....?

Guest Marney-1

to slice and rip through grandma carrying her groceries home rival gang members. Blood and organs strung about in the streets. Limbs and dismemberment..... okay maybe taking this a little too far.

On topic: they do need to improve run and gun aspects along with cover and dodge abilities. I'm not asking for bullet time in GTA because that wouldn't fit, but atleast improve on some things. Gun mechanics could include sound effects aswel as physics. Remember RDR where you could carry all guns on the gun wheel thing....?

Hope they don't bring bullet time to this game, I'm tired of seeing it now in games such as RDR (well Dead Eye but it still slows things down) Max Payne, Sniper Elite V2, Agent.

I think they'll include the weapon wheel though, I hope so anyway because it works well in RDR and Max Payne 3.

Hope they don't bring bullet time to this game, I'm tired of seeing it now in games such as RDR (well Dead Eye but it still slows things down) Max Payne, Sniper Elite V2, Agent.

I think they'll include the weapon wheel though, I hope so anyway because it works well in RDR and Max Payne 3.

So wait a minute, I haven't played RDR in a long time, but wasn't weapon wheel controlled by arrow keys? I was just thinking that the arrow keys could be used for something else. Like your cell, or positive/negative responses like in SA, or recruit followers. Unless you had to hold another button down first to activate weapon wheel.

Or maybe its already like that, I forget.

Yup, there's definitely no reason what so ever to switch back to the old way of doing it.

i think in GTAV if they make it where i can duel wield two Tec-9's again and two pistols i would love that, and to the idea of shooting a two handed weapon like a AK-47 or a pump action shotgun is great. IF you are sitting in the passanger side otherwise you would have to steer with your knees and thats no good. oh and i think they should bring back the dual sided purple DILDO from san andreas. so if anyone wants to say 'oh GTA is taking that from saints row" then you can go fuck yourself. GTA has been giving it to the people of the world the option to use a dildo or flowers as a weapon long before saints row came out so yea. :bird:

Left bumper + left right analog stick. I think it's IV that uses the bumper+arrows for a quick weapon select.

edit: wrong analog stick. /fixed

um with GTAIV you pressed the left and right directional buttons on the D-pad to switch weapons inRDR you pressed and held LB and used the left joystick to pick a class then the D-pad left and right to choose which gun you desired.

I would like to see it more realisic on details and one-two shot kills for pedestrans and much more guns in Gta V!

im a die hard fan of the gta series, and i love how the game plays, but ive always liked the idea of realism, and i think thats what rockstar is going for in gta v.

i think that if you u want to carry around many weapons, eg, rocket launcher, ar, pistol, submachine gun, melee, grenades etc, you should some sort of special clothing or like a vest and tactical gear almost like the suit a character uses in one of the trailers to break into a high rise building.

also certain weapon types should need to be carried on your back like an rpg or heavy assault weapon, multiple weapons could be carried on the back by using tactical gear like i mentioned before, if tactical gear isnt used then only one weapon can be carried on back and stow 3, like a smg, pistol, melee or grenades.

would this be a good idea or would this take away the root weapon mechanics that gta is known for???

let me know :)

• Like 1

TO ALL FUTURE NOOBS: That^ is how you should behave when you join up and decide to share your ideas.

Regarding your suggestion, it's definitely a good idea, but it's also not suited for a game like GTAV. In IV, they opted to try a more realistic take on Grand Theft Auto, yet we still pulled RPGs from our stylish suit. Judging by the over-the-top action we've seen in the trailers, it appears as though they're starting to disperse the serious fog that hung over this generation's Liberty City. IMO, I don't think realism will be a prominent factor in V.

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for not behaving like an ass.

• Like 4

Yes they are shit. Very very shit. Nothing describes that grenade launcher better than shit. Shit shit shit.

R* remove that shit.

Shit.

Fuck that shit.

Shit

The gun wheel have 7 slots i want carry two smgs like uzi and Mp5 in different slots (1. M1911 2. Mp5 3.uzi 4.sniper 5. M4 6.shotgun 7. grenade or all pistols 1.M1911 2. Glock 3.M9 .... ) i think thats a good idea

Edited by Massacre

If i shoot someone in the face with a shotgun, I dont want some blood on his face, I want his fucking head separated from the shoulders.

Yea, just like that GIF you posted in I.P. Chat of that guy getting shot in the face..

C'mon, don't start shit in here. We're supposed to be talking about the mechanics of the devices we're gonna use to shoot people in the face, not about people getting shot in the face.

This is a little off topic i was planning on posting in its own topic but it got locked.

Im gonna get a good amount of negative feedback for it but id like it if the guns you had were actually shown on your body. It would limit the guns you could carry significantly but would make sneaking in heavy weapons more realistic. Like youd be able to stash guns in your trunk, car, house, And in other places around the map to either just have them ready or prepare for a heist. Cops would take more notice of you if you have an ak over your back but you could buy a briefcase to sneak a couple guns around with ya. It would add a different aspect to the game where youd have missions at a secured place and could maybe only sneak in a pistol under your waist belt and would have to make do with that til you could get to the assault rifles and heavier guns you snuck in in preparation for the mission.

I know its obviously not like that and likely never will be but i still thought it would be a cool idea