I think that would be worse. That would show us way to much. I'd much rather have it be just showing the 3 characters briefly doing something.

Would this satisfy you?

Timestamp: 0:00. ESRB logo appears. RP: The content of this game has not yet been rated.

Timestamp: 0:02. Rockstar NYC logo.

Timestamp: 0:05. Rockstar North logo.

Timestamp: 0:07. Camera angle: inside Michael's refrigerator, Rockford Hills. 0200 hours. Door opens -- Michael's face appears. He glances inside and looks mildly disappointed. Shaking his head briskly, the door closes. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:14. Franklin's living room, south central LS. Late afternoon. He is stretched out on his couch, watching a reality show. He licks his lips and glances over the edge of the couch. Spotting a can of Sprunk, he reaches eagerly for it and takes a long sip from the can. Setting down the can, he emits a satisfied sigh. He loosens his belt and changes the channel. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:22. Trevor's trailer, Blaine County. Twilight. Trevor lies on his back in his underwear, outstretched on the linoleum tile of his kitchen floor, desperate for coolness. Clenching his fists, he passes gas loudly while a fleeting look of mild agony flickers across his face. Two seconds pass -- he stands up, waves his arms, and hurriedly exits the kitchen. "Fuckin' Christ," he mutters quietly. Off-screen, he hawks a massive brown loogie onto an unseen floor. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:31. The GTA V logo fades in.

Timestamp: 0:34. Blackness. 9/17/2013 appears suddenly in large white numbers.

END

• Like 3

I don't really know why everyone is worried. I'm thinking a bit of character switching, a bit of running/driving around, a shootout, and a quick snippet of both planning a heist and the heist itself of something we've already seen or heard about (the masks or the pest control for example). Probably a bit of multiplayer too and some ocean action too.

That seems to be the most sensible thing to show off, though I'd like to see some open world fun.

I think that would be worse. That would show us way to much. I'd much rather have it be just showing the 3 characters briefly doing something.

Would this satisfy you?

Timestamp: 0:00. ESRB logo appears. RP: The content of this game has not yet been rated.

Timestamp: 0:07. Camera angle: inside Michael's refrigerator, Rockford Hills. 0200 hours. Door opens -- Michael's face appears. He glances inside and looks mildly disappointed. Shaking his head briskly, the door closes. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:14. Franklin's living room, south central LS. Late afternoon. He is stretched out on his couch, watching a reality show. He licks his lips and glances over the edge of the couch. Spotting a can of Sprunk, he reaches eagerly for it and takes a long sip from the can. Setting down the can, he emits a satisfied sigh. He loosens his belt and changes the channel. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:22. Trevor's trailer, Blaine County. Twilight. Trevor lies on his back in his underwear, outstretched on the linoleum tile of his kitchen floor, desperate for coolness. Clenching his fists, he passes gas loudly while fleeting look of mild agony flickers across his face. Two seconds pass -- he stands up, waves his arms, and hurriedly exits the kitchen. "Fuckin' Christ," he mutters quietly. Off-screen, he hawks a massive brown loogie onto an unseen floor. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:31. Blackness. The GTA V logo fades in.

END

I like the idea of a cinematic camera for the fridge.

Either way it'll be on one of the things reports have already seen, i bet.

I reckon that Rockstar will show something different to what's been shown previously...

I believe what he was trying to say is that they wouldn't show the same demo they showed to the press (which was 30-40 minutes). He wasn't suggesting they would show 30-40 minutes, he was questioning Craze's inadvertent suggestion that they would.

If that wasn't what he was trying to say, he should claim that it was anyway.

Ma nigga <3

• Like 1

Would this satisfy you?

Timestamp: 0:22. Trevor's trailer, Blaine County. Twilight. Trevor lies on his back in his underwear, outstretched on the linoleum tile of his kitchen floor, desperate for coolness. Clenching his fists, he passes gas loudly while a fleeting look of mild agony flickers across his face. Two seconds pass -- he stands up, waves his arms, and hurriedly exits the kitchen. "Fuckin' Christ," he mutters quietly. Off-screen, he hawks a massive brown loogie onto an unseen floor. Darkness.

Timestamp: 0:31. The GTA V logo fades in.

END

Works for me.

• Like 1

I have been watching the gameplay videos R* released for RDR, LAN and MP3. They all follow the same format more or less so it seems likely they will do the same this time around. there will be little short clips of gameplay intermixed with regular screenshots/cut scene clips, add in a voice over talking about the game. It also seems like MP3 mainly showed MP, so maybe they will do that here as well.

Even better.

Timestamp 0.00-ESRB

0.05-R*games

0.30-R*North

1.00-darkness w/ opera music playing

1.09-Trevor's screaming face (frozen) fades in as camera pulls away

1.20-camera reveals Trevor Franklin and Michael in the cabin of a plane, particles and miscellaneous things frozen in the air. (money, bullet clips and casings, etc)

1.50-The camera turns around to show that Trevor Franklin and Michael are taxiing down a runway with a deer in the middle of it.

2.05-the proppeller shimmers as the camera flys through the windscreen of the plane to the deer's face.

2.15-(opera music becoming louder) time slowy goes into normal speed as the plane grows closer to the deer (from deer's perspective) police lights behind the plane

2.22-just as plane is about to hit the screen goes dark

2.28-opera music comes to loud then halts as gta v logo appears w/ 9-17-2013

I have been watching the gameplay videos R* released for RDR, LAN and MP3. They all follow the same format more or less so it seems likely they will do the same this time around. there will be little short clips of gameplay intermixed with regular screenshots/cut scene clips, add in a voice over talking about the game. It also seems like MP3 mainly showed MP, so maybe they will do that here as well.

^that... you guys were getting a little carried away with what you think they're gonna show... like i said, they're gonna walk you through the game like you're playing a tutorial... and that's it... the trailers and previews are the ones that spoil stuff you don't want spoiled...

you'll probably get to see more of the world, but something tells me R* will show you this world down the streets we've all seen from the previews and trailers and screenshots already :lol:... we'll just finally get to see them in action...

I'm pretty excited to see gameplay. Though I would also be just fine without it. Like some people have already said, if its out there I don't think I could have the self control not to watch it. I also think it's pretty sweet that although challenging, you can track down another character and watch what they're doing while playing as another character. On another note: How long do you think "soon" is for this gameplay trailer? I think within this month, although it is entirely possible with Rockstar that "soon" means late August.

I'm pretty excited to see gameplay. Though I would also be just fine without it. Like some people have already said, if its out there I don't think I could have the self control not to watch it. I also think it's pretty sweet that although challenging, you can track down another character and watch what they're doing while playing as another character. On another note: How long do you think "soon" is for this gameplay trailer? I think within this month, although it is entirely possible with Rockstar that "soon" means late August.

I have a hunch it will be within the next 2 months. I bet you I'm right.

I was looking over the old GTAIV archives, studying Rockstar's marketing strategy (as most people do on their only day off), IV was released on the 28th of April.

At this point (70 days from release) there was still no information on IV's multiplayer and the gaming press still hadn't had a hands-on demo of the game.

If the prior release of info is anything to go by, we could have more previews (maybe the gameplay footage) anywhere between July 17 - 23. Perhaps also a whole bunch of new screens during that period too (most likely). We may also have the GTAV website updated with more info this period as well.

GTA IV's multiplayer info was released 5 weeks before the game launched, so we could get multiplayer details around August 3rd - 10th.

Finally, it's highly likely that we could get another trailer on August 17th (or there abouts).

Now, this may all sound like wild speculation, but there have been some striking similarities in the current marketing campaign comparable to IV, for example: several weeks with zero information from Rockstar, right up to the 80 days 'till release point. "Unfortunately, aside from a few teaser trailers and screenshots, the GTA IV scene fell into a disappointing lull. Grand Theft Auto fansites struggled to fill the silence with whatever we could muster."