The next reissue from DEATH's legendary catalog is 1993's "Individual Thought Patterns". Due on October 25 in North America; October 28 in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Germany; and October 31 in the rest of Europe via Relapse Records, the effort was remixed by Alan Douches and has been re-packaged to include a second and third bonus disc worth of previously unreleased demos and a full live set recorded in Germany during a 1993 European tour. Also included on the third bonus disc exclusive to this reissue are rare riff tracks from the Chuck Schuldiner archives.

"Individual Thought Patterns" follows the recent reissues of "The Sound Of Perseverance" and "Human". Like those reissues, "Individual Thought Patterns" will be available as a deluxe three-disc set, a two-disc standard set, and deluxe digital. Pre-order options and additional release information can be found here.

"Individual Thought Patterns" track listing:

Disc 1:

01. Overactive Imagination

02. In Human Form

03. Jealousy

04. Trapped In A Corner

05. Nothing Is Everything

06. Mentally Blind

07. Individual Thought Patterns

08. Destiny

09. Out Of Touch

10. The Philosopher

Disc 2:

Live In Germany - April 13, 1993

01. Leprosy

02. Suicide Machine

03. Living Monstrosity

04. Overactive Imagination

05. Flattening Of Emotions

06. Within The Mind

07. In Human Form

08. Lack Of Comprehension

09. Trapped In A Corner

10. Zombie Ritual

"Individual Thought Patterns" Studio Outtake:

11. The Exorcist

Disc 3:

Four-Track Demos - Chuck & Gene - December 1992

01. Overactive Imagination

02. In Human Form

03. The Philosopher

04. Trapped In A Corner

05. Individual Thought Patterns

06. Jealousy

07. Nothing Is Everything

08. Destiny

09. Mentally Blind

10. Out Of Touch

Chuck's Riff Tape - 1992

11. In Human Form

12. The Philosopher

13. Trapped in a Corner

*has multiple seizures on floor*

Live "Living Monstrosity" with Santolla, Digiorgio and Hoglan?!?! If it's a half decent live recording, I can die happy after hearing it.

So fucking happy I can't even breathe. I've wanted this for so long it's unreal.

By the way Amon Amarth was more epic than most metal shows I've been to.. Just the sheer force of the music was unbelievable. Their theatrics were amazing too. The lights and fog machines and shit were synchronized perfectly.

Just got my ticket for Between the Buried and Me with Animals As Leaders.. Can you say EPIC??!

Not exactly all Metal related, but I'm going to see:

Funeral For A Friend

Rise Against

Theory Of A Dead Man

Alter Bridge

Black Stone Cherry

In the next few months. Also going to see Stephen Merchant live haha :)

Guest Marney1

Just watched Iron Maiden Flight 666 on BluRay (again) - Can't get enough of Revelations and Rime of the Ancient Mariner. \m/

• Like 2

I'm about to listen to Opeth's "Heritage". I will report back with a review at some point.

Has anyone heard Anthrax's latest album? I've heard that it's better than what people were expecting, but considering what was expected, that's not saying much. I dare not listen to their cover of Refused's "New Noise", lest I get rofl fever and die.

Guest Marney1

Cliff Burton snuffed it 25 years ago today.

How did he die? I heard a suitcase fell on his head on the tour bus but that was from a friend about 20 years ago.

I've listened to "thirteen" a few times, and I'm not a fan of it. I think Dave has spent far too much time hanging around with Metallica. Ellefson is so low in the mix, and so laid-back with his playing, they might as well have kept Lomenzo.

A huge letdown after Endgame. It's about on par with United Abominations, but less catchy.

new vid. fav song from the album

Are you getting the box set? I'm too fucking poor to get it but I hear its got bonus material from all 4 albums.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

[juular vid]

Are you getting the box set? I'm too fucking poor to get it but I hear its got bonus material from all 4 albums.

Nah i download music cause im poor too

Don't really listen to metal any more but some of my favourite ever bands are

Botch (favourite band of all time)

Converge

Deftones

Beecher

Glassjaw

Death From Above 1979

At The Drive In

Outbreak

Check some if them out if you like, lemme know what you think :)

I've just discovered the genius that is Devin Townsend. Never heard him or SYL until last week and I'm really digging it, especially because I worship Gene Hoglan. Juular is RIDICULOUSLY epic, its kind of overwhelming. I wish I had vocal chords half as manly as Devy.

So sad about the skullet though.. that shit was awesome

icon11.gif

check this. some of the most impressive live singing ive ever seen

edit

kay my cousin told me it was live but i just watched it again and i think it might be more music video style lol

still awesome

Has anyone here heard Revocation? Easily one of my favorite metal bands these days. They're so fucking unique for their genre. I describe them as progressive thrash death metal.. Dave Davidson's guitar style is so unusual for a metal band and it makes it so great. His riffs are so out of the ordinary but they work so well. I think he's a Berkeley graduate or something. And his solos... so technical yet so powerful and full of feeling. The bass tone is perfect too and they have such intricate rhythms. I recommend them to anyone who loves kickass metal. Here's one of their videos but there are plenty more you should check out. I'd vote "Chaos of Forms" one of the top 3 albums of 2011.