Has anyone here heard Revocation? Easily one of my favorite metal bands these days. They're so fucking unique for their genre. I describe them as progressive thrash death metal.. Dave Davidson's guitar style is so unusual for a metal band and it makes it so great. His riffs are so out of the ordinary but they work so well. I think he's a Berkeley graduate or something. And his solos... so technical yet so powerful and full of feeling. The bass tone is perfect too and they have such intricate rhythms. I recommend them to anyone who loves kickass metal. Here's one of their videos but there are plenty more you should check out. I'd vote "Chaos of Forms" one of the top 3 albums of 2011.

Still curious to know if anyone's heard of them. If you haven't, I highly suggest it because they're incredible!

New Iced Earth sucks! Went to Hollywood and saw Obscura and Abysmal Dawn at the Key Club. One of the best metal shows I've ever been to! I got to meet and hang out with all of Obscura and they signed my ticket. I nearly piddled my pants! Metal overload.

Kiss is pretty rad. Should get into them.

So im HEAVY in Devin Townsend now. Hes fucking amazing live

Perfect singing

edit

just saw this. Reading it, it sound like the exact thing I picture in my head when I listen to Deconstruction.

Press Release Thursday Nov 17th

Press Release

Vancouver, Canada November 17th, 2011

The Bizarre world of Devin Townsend presents:

The Retinal Circus

London, Saturday October 27th, 2012

With last week´s more than highly successful The Devin Townsend Project album shows in London done and over, it´s time for Devin & Co. to focus on bigger things. Much bigger things… In fact, the biggest show he´s ever done. The man himself explains:

This last week was probably THE defining moment in my life, let alone my career in many ways. I’ve had some intense gigs and experiences in music before, but all pale in comparison to the 4 sold out shows in London where we played all four DTP records, with four different bands, night after night.

Everyone worked incredibly hard, and each of us gave 100% to pull it off, bands, players, management, label, and audience. It was awesome!

So here’s the next big gig: Next October 27th, at the amazing Roundhouse in London, We’re putting on the most definitive ‘Devin’ show to date. A culmination of my ENTIRE career with a star line up and full supporting cast.

The show is being called ‘The Retinal Circus’, (named after an old Vancouver club in the 60’s, famous for psychedelic rock shows) and will be more than just a musical performance… there will be an art exhibition, actors, Ziltoid, stilt walkers, fire breathers…you name it. My goal has always been to make SHOWS, and this is the first opportunity I have been given to do a high-end production that puts it all together! It’s the closest Saturday to Halloween, and the goal is to make something amazing that we can all enjoy…details to come…psychedelic!

My career has been full of amazing musicians, and there will be plenty of them present at this show, and I’ll be playing music that has never been attempted due to the size of the songs and the need for certain things.

It will be recorded for a DVD of course, and it’s going to be a pretty intense experience… we have a year to make it perfect, so I just wanted to give you some hints! The VIP package will be available with special goodies among other exclusive things.

Anyways, I’m back to work here…I hope to see you there, I’m beyond excited to have this opportunity, we’re not taking it lightly!

Dev

General Admission Tickets will go on sale tomorrow, Friday November 18th via the HevyDevy.com website where also 50 very exclusive VIP tickets will be made available. The content for these VIP packages may change slightly leading up to the date but confirmed for now are:

- Meet n greet with the full band

- Early entry to the show to get the best seats (might change to reserved seating, TBC)

- Tour of the venue showing the production and everything else that goes with it.

- Have your picture taken with Devin and/or band by a professional photographer.

- High quality Devin Townsend bag containing:

• VIP laminate & lanyard

• Exclusive VIP t-shirt

• Exclusive VIP tour poster printed on canvas

• Additional goodies confirmed though exact specs TBC

More details on the show will be made available along the way but rest assured that things will get pretty crazy suitable only to a man like Mr. Townsend.

This will be one show no one can afford to miss…

DTP_Roundhouse-flyer-small.jpg

Yeah, I'm not bothering with Soundwave. Aside from being broke, I've either seen the decent bands, or I'm not into the music enough to pay $150+. Cathedral is an exception. If they do not play a sideshow, I may try to sneak in to Soundwave.

It's that time of year where I look back at stuff I've done and I rate it.

My Top 10 metal releases for 2011 (it's been pretty lean this year, or maybe I just haven't been listening to much)

1. Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction

2. Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst The Ashes

3. Opeth - Heritage

4. Primordial - Redemption At The Puritan's Hand

5. Ghost - Opus Eponymous

6. Absu - Abzu

7. Death - Human (I don't care if it's a remaster)

8. Mastodon - The Hunter

9. Autopsy - Macabre Eternal

10. Anthrax - Worship Music

Most disappointing release Of 2011

I thought for sure it would be Morbid Angel, but Megadeth came out of nowhere with "13". Total rubbish.

^Sudden Death is alright, but it just sounds like something that they forgot to include on Endgame. If you ever hear the album, your heart will sink when you hear "Public Enemy No.1". It's Risk-like in it's shiteness. And the re-recordings of 'New World Order' and 'Millenium Of The Blind' are sterile and lifeless.

Speaking of shit, I haven't heard the remix or whatever of Morbid Angel's Illud Divinium Insanus yet. Apparently, it has even more doof, so I'll steer even further clear of that one.

I never understood why they felt the need to remix an album which I thought was already remixed. They certainly didn't record some of those songs in real time with real instruments.

I was going to post this in the asylum, then decided I'd be wasting my time. Might still do it.

Roll a fat joint, and listen if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24pOo5htg9E

icon11.gif

Roll a fat joint, and listen if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24pOo5htg9E

skimmed. ill have to give it a listen sometime

PS

gotta agree that Deconstruction is the best album this year

It's one of those rare modern metal albums that everyone can agree is fucking awesome. I love listening for the little homages, like the marching effect used in 'Stand', which sounds like it came straight from Pink Floyd's "The Wall", or the fact that 'Praise The Lowered' starts off sort of sounding like a Phil Collins song. And the intro to 'Deconstruction'! How can fart noises and the word 'Cheeseburger' being repeated sound so good? And Devin's vocals on 'Pandemic' are just ridiculous. It won by a country mile for me.

The only album imo that was ever going to challenge Deconstruction was Opeth's 'Heritage'. And whilst it was a great prog-rock album, it was barely metal, and I couldn't put it any higher for that reason.

icon11.gif

yah sounds like a female opera singer. but in a way that its impressive, not gay. lol

another amazing vocal section in deconstruction

"Sorry, I'm sorry...

So the words are coming down in rainbows!

...Slow burn, there's no cover!!!

Confused?.. I'm so ashamed!!!

There's water... Sew whey!"