No Posts in nearly 3 months? For shame.

So, I quite enjoy "At The Gates Of Sethu". I wouldn't say it's Nile's best work, but it's still pretty good. It could have had a bit more variety.

Testament's "Dark Roots Of Earth" is awesome. It's probably one of their best efforts.

AAHAAARRRGGGGHHHHH.

Hello! The new Testament is good, but the new Kreator, Overkill and Vader are better.

HBW, all I heard was bitches whinging about how the vocals on that Nile song were the "least brutal ever". I thought the yelling was a nice change, and anyone who uses 'brutal' to describe music is an idiot.

I've heard good things about the new Overkill album. I'll have to check them out sometime.

I'm really looking forward to the next Enslaved album. 'Thoughts Like Hammers' is pretty solid. Check it out if you have a spare 9 minutes.

icon11.gif

yah his singing is so much better.

the rest of the album is pretty awesome. Its kinda happy sounding overall. there is one song that is pretty bunk cause its a dance song. Not his first dance song but this one sounds even more mainstream. I dont think he is trying to sell out or anything...after all its Devy. He just does whatever he wants and doesnt worry about being too metal.

but other than that its pretty awesome.

Speaking of awesome Canucks, I'm in love with Rush's 'Clockwork Angels'. I was told it was good, but it's a lot better than I was expecting. My favourite album released this year. I wish Analogkid was here so we could both jizz about it furiously.

• Like 1

^HAHAHAHA

We might as well rename this "The Devin Townsend Worship Thread"!

2 awesome Judas Priest covers by DT.

I stand by my opinion that Judas Priest should have picked Devin to replace Halford instead of Ripper Owens. I can't remember exactly what went down, but I know Devin auditioned.

Well, RIITIIR is a big steaming pile of awesomeness. Easily Enslaved's most proggy release.

I'm listening to Cryptopsy's latest album. It's a huge step-up from their last album, but it still sounds like deathcore.

OMG, my favourite Death album is next up for remaster

DEATH: 'Spiritual Healing' Deluxe Reissue Due In November - Oct. 9, 2012

The next chapter in Relapse's DEATH reissue campaign is the landmark, genre-defining album "Spiritual Healing".

Originally released in 1990, "Spiritual Healing" marked a new turn in theDEATH discography, one which ushered in cleaner production, a new level of boundary pushing musicianship and songwriting skills that were previously unimaginable from a metal band. "Spiritual Healing" sets the standard for riffs, insane time changes and of course mainman Chuck Schuldiner's masterful guitar solos. Now reissued as a double CD housed in super deluxe packaging featuring brand new liner notes from DEATHplayers James Murphy and Terry Butler, Chuck's sister Beth Schuldiner and VOLBEAT frontman Michael Poulsen, Disc 1 features a completely new remaster of the original album and Disc 2 contains 16 previously unreleased rehearsal, outtakes and studio instrumentals.

In addition to the 2-disc edition, limited-edition (2000 machine-numbered copies) triple CD digipak will be available exclusively from Relapse.com. The third CD features a never-before-released live set recorded in 1990 featuring the "Spiritual Healing" DEATH lineup. An iTunes deluxe edition will also be released containing five additional previously unreleased pre-"Human" rehearsal tracks not available on either of the CD versions.

"Spiritual Healing" will be released on November 20 in North America, November 23 in Benelux, Germany and Finland, and November 26 in the rest of the world.

"Spiritual Healing" follows the recent Relapse Records reissues ofDEATH classics "Individual Thought Patterns", "The Sound of Perseverance", "Human" and the live collection "Vivus!" plus Chuck Schuldiner projects MANTAS and CONTROL DENIED. Like those reissues, this collection will contain extensive liner notes from previous members and never-before-seen photos of the band.

Pre-order options, including a new line of exclusive DEATH merch and a super limited die-hard fan pack containing an exclusive shirt design, poster flag, and patch, pin, guitar pick, sticker set can be found at this location.

"Spiritual Healing" track listing:

Disc 1 - "Spiritual Healing" - Remastered

01. Living Monstrosity

02. Altering The Future

03. Defensive Personalities

04. Within The Mind

05. Spiritual Healing

06. Low Life

07. Genetic Reconstruction

08. Killing Spree

Disc 2 – "Spiritual Healing" – Rehearsals

* Altering The Future

* Defensive Personalities

* Within The Mind

* Within The Mind - Take 2

* Spiritual Healing

* Killing Spree

Spiritual Healing - Studio Instrumentals

* Spiritual Healing

* Within The Mind

Joke / Jam Tracks

* Satanic Jam

* Primus Jam

* Jon a Qua - Take 2

* Jon a Qua - Take 3

* Jon a Qua - Take 4

* Jon a Qua - Take 5

* Jon a Qua - Take 6

Disc 3 - Live at Streets, New Rochelle, NY March 17, 1990

* Living Monstrosity

* Pull The Plug

* Zombie Ritual

* Spiritual Healing

* Left To Die

* Genetic Reconstruction

* Open Casket

* Within The Mind

* Leprosy

Unearthed Pre-"Human" Rehearsals

* Suicide Machine

* Together As One

* See Through Dreams

Digital Deluxe-Only Bonus Tracks:

* Suicide Machine - Unearthed Version 2

* Suicide Machine - Unearthed Version 3

* Suicide Machine - Unearthed Version 4

* Together As One - Unearthed Version 1

* See Through Dreams - Unearthed Version 2

The drums are a bit more prominent, and the bass is louder. Apart from that, it sounds pretty much the same as the original release. Which is a good thing.

On my second trip to Japan I got to knew this metal guy, I thought he was pretty good with the guitar... he has his own band there and does music for those Anime shows and whatnot, here is one of their songs (no chino-speaka, they only do instrumental), what you metal proud americans think?

• Like 1

On my second trip to Japan I got to knew this metal guy, I thought he was pretty good with the guitar... he has his own band there and does music for those Anime shows and whatnot, here is one of their songs (no chino-speaka, they only do instrumental), what you metal proud americans think?

I quite enjoyed that. Sounded a bit like Children Of Bodom when they were good, and Laiho didn't yow-yow his way through shit.

I always thought Spiritual Healing doesn't get enough love. James Murphy is the man. In other news, I've got myself a ticket to Black Sabbath. Not sure whether it'll be worth it, but I couldn't miss it.

Oh, and I never thought I'd say this in 2012, but Six Feet Under has released a fucking killer album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDgmwcq510

I always thought Spiritual Healing doesn't get enough love. James Murphy is the man. In other news, I've got myself a ticket to Black Sabbath. Not sure whether it'll be worth it, but I couldn't miss it.

I haven't made my mind up if I want to see Sabbath or not. I guess I should go.

As I was going through this year's album releases for my top ten list, 2012 has turned out to be a pretty solid year for metal. Hardly any disappointments.

The shortlist I'll be working from.

Kreator - Phantom Antichrist

Overkill - The Electric Age

Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme

Cannibal Corpse - Torture (was fairly average, though)

Napalm Death - Utilitarian

Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity

Marduk - Serpent Sermon

Rush - Clockwork Angels

The Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

Ihsahn - Eremita (I didn't overly like it)

Nile - At The Gates Of Sethu

Testament - Dark Roots Of The Earth

Katatonia - Dead End Kings

Enslaved - RIITIR

Pig Destroyer - Book Burner

Wintersun - Time I

Destruction - Spiritual Genocide