Guest Marney1

GTAV_TB11.PNG

Jumper says 'Punch me' trousers say 'Kill me'. Black guy in white top says 'OK'.

wow, i fell 3 pages behind in 3 hours with my second job, so sorry if i am repeating something already said...

Looking at all the different shots in the trailer, i can't help feel that Los Santos is going to be the only location. And to stop us travelling out too far, they used mountains all around to block the map. Which reminds me of smugglers run and even parts of Red Dead...

i am with dup and others... i think LS is the only city... at least from the footage i have seen thus far, los santos looks vast and fruitful... and do we really need another city??? LA Noire had a huge fucking city, but it was empty, too many buildings and not enough to do with them... even GTA IV felt empty in most places... i would prefer a smaller city with more to do... not an entire state and nowhere to go... know what i am saying??

i want a more focused city, and san andreas was not that at all... why they didn't call it, "GTA: los santos" might explain a lot, but i really feel like if you want to sink us into the world, keep it close... perhaps los santos fits into a county that this game is based on... call it los punto or something...

either way, i am perfectly fine if los santos as the only city... los angeles is probably the most entertaining/important city in america... it only makes sense... plus, why put 3 cities into GTA5 when you could easily create 2 more games to represent san fierro and las venturas?? there's enough going on in los santos to make an epic story with, no need to water it down with another 20 hours of something not releated to the main characters story...

ohh yea, did i mention?? there's a character to care about, not a vast land full of nothing to do... keep it local, keep it engaging... keep it los santos... unless you've got an ace up your sleeve R* and there really is multiple characters to play... thankfully there's plenty of time between then and now to talk GTA!!

Guest Marney1

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but, I didn't see any BMX's in the trailer. I also want to go MOUNTAIN biking.

Edit: Sorry bOnEs didn't see your post. The jury is still out for me on multiple playable characters but if there are Rockstar will be doing it for obvious reasons which I presume we'll find out sometime during the pre-launch trickle of info.

Guest Marney1

There's a bicycle leaning against the house in the foreclosure scene.

GTAV_TB22.PNG

That wasn't there before. :ermm:

the jury is still out on me too, marney... i wouldn't mind seeing more characters, but only if they are creating an entire state to lay multiple stories and characters upon... DLC is the present dilemma to deal with, but if i know R*, they are not going to throw in an additional city for the sake of future DLC's... if they are going to create san fierro, then there is a good chunk of the story within that city...

and again, knowing R*, this could even be just a tease of los santos... then a couple weeks from now we see a trailer with a new character in las venturas... so again, this is only the first trailer... but los santos looks like a lot of fun to me :D...

all i ask is for though, is the multi-player to have MORE MORE MORE "MOOOOORRRREEEE" co-op missions like deal breaker... me and my friend spent 6 months exploring the different approaches to the "site" as well as other peoples reactions to the mission outside of the time-crunchers who ruined all the co-op missions... and then we spent the next two years fucking around, but also testing randoms with how they wanted to play... call us the good guys, but we loved that mission, and were always helpful, unless you dropped a grenade back at the garage... then we knew we were in for a challenge to get you to complete it..

Guys am I the only one about to be heartbroken if it's just one city? The countryside was literally my favourite part about SA, and I'm sick of having just one sprawling metropolis (from IV). They're proved they can do a megacity well, why do it again :(

A few simple things. Dogs won't be in game, as hitting them with a car is not going to be allowed. It's no doubt going to be in the opening sequence and never appear again, or will just make appearances in cutscenes.

The mountain looked climbable to me, though the draw distance seems very generous for this generation of games consoles. Also planes must be able to be flown, as why else would they include a new, super fast fighter jet esque plane, that is cleary flying low down through the city streets?

I'm still unsure how keen I am on just one city. But if it is all as detailed or even more so as the trailer, I think I would be quite happy.

But they have had how many years to work on this? 4 I think so there is nothing to say their won't be all of SA. But looking closely at signs, there is nothing more than Los Santos related locations.

And there is so many shots of planes. It seems like its too much to not be a hint of the ability to fly them again.

It won't be just los santos. Rockstar wouldn't reveal everything in the first trailer, and wouldn't make it just los santos for the first GTA San Andreas revisit. My main concern is if they dare to make San Fierro and Las Venturas DLC add ons. As that, would be a fucking dick move.

I just realized something..

You remember how in GTA SA trailer #1, there was this beach scene.. With people dacing around etc. Anyway, many people claimed to see a dog there, even though there wasn't. I remember it was quite a big thing.

So, maybe R* are parodying that with this real dog beach scene in V?

Another thing, in GTA SA first trailer, they only showed LS. So yeah, who knows.

EDIT: Oh, also. I read an article how, when they first planned GTA IV, Rockstar wanted to make a huuuuuuge (really huge) countryside for Liberty City. At the end, they ditched the idea, but maybe they're gonna do it in GTA V? I would love that.. I don't need SF and LV if I got a huge countryside. They can leave that for GTA VI :P

It won't be just los santos. Rockstar wouldn't reveal everything in the first trailer, and wouldn't make it just los santos for the first GTA San Andreas revisit. My main concern is if they dare to make San Fierro and Las Venturas DLC add ons. As that, would be a fucking dick move.

I'm pretty sure the GTA IV trailer revealed everything regarding the location of the game. I'm sure this one has done the same. Also, the leaked cast lists all point to LS only. To be honest, i personally found LA to be the most boring city in North America, and LS to be the most boring city in the GTA games too. Hopefully this one will change my opinion, I hope do at least, because I was down for revisiting Vice.

A few simple things. Dogs won't be in game, as hitting them with a car is not going to be allowed. It's no doubt going to be in the opening sequence and never appear again, or will just make appearances in cutscenes.

I never got this. Somehow in a game where you kill people and steal cars, it's suddenly oh-so-horrible to kill a dog. Really? Dogs are obviously more valuable than the people I can brutally slaughter by the thousands.

I'm not saying you're one of those people, just saying I find them strange.

guys guys guys... whats with the negativity, theres nothing to suggest that its only LS, other than the fact that the trailer showed us that but be honest as a marketing guy are you going to show all your cards months before release, I have full faith that this will be SA because at worst they will ask you to install it, look at BF3 that asked for a 1gb install for the multiplayer, now remember LC was dense city area, and i think anyone will tell you that its much harder to make a dense city area that it does woodlands and desert. Have a little faith I dont think R* would point it as San Andreas if we were going to get one city and some wild lands, look how vast RDR was, I think its full SA, and if I was the marketing guru I would wait to the last possible second to show the big finish which is the gleeming lights of Las Venturas (Las Vegas) ofcourse this is all speculation, but my faith rests with R*, dudes this has me hook. line and sinker im just waiting for more GTA trailer goodness mm mmm mmmmmm

Also, did anyone notice how the van during the heist scene in the trailer had a different style San Andreas number plate to the others features. The one on the van is in the genuine California plate style. Weird.

Also, did anyone notice how the van during the heist scene in the trailer had a different style San Andreas number plate to the others features. The one on the van is in the genuine California plate style. Weird.

I'm thinking that different clips in the trailer were made at different points in the game's production. Like maybe they've changed the image they'll be using on the license plates, but still used video from before the change.

-EDIT-

I stand corrected. Looks like California has several types of license plates, and the 2 seen in the trailer match 2 of the real California plates.

That "black" guy at 1:06 could be hispanic, and he doesn't look like CJ. Personally I hope this guy is the protagonist, as a white 40-50 year old male doesn't appeal to me as a playable character. But maybe there are multiple protagonists, as previously speculated and enforced by GTA IV expansions.

Guys, dunno if this is right but during the heist does it look like those machine guns have silencers and red dot sights does that mean possible weapon customization? seems to a big thing in a few games now.

The mountain looked climbable to me, though the draw distance seems very generous for this generation of games consoles. Also planes must be able to be flown, as why else would they include a new, super fast fighter jet esque plane, that is cleary flying low down through the city streets?

Then why would they include a dog for that matter? If it's not in the game it shouldn't be in the trailer.

Also does anyone want to speculate on the multiple (well two) 2405 references, I did so in another topic.

Then why would they include a dog for that matter? If it's not in the game it shouldn't be in the trailer.

Well, you only see the dong once in the whole trailer, but they made a point of showing off the planes again...and again...and again.

Different types, different places, different activities. They simply showed off those planes way too much for them to be non-interactive.