But the point i'm trying to make is that it would be entirely pointless for them to model, animate and texture a dog for the sake of one (or maybe more) cutscenes, if it's in a cutscene then its model and textures are in the game files and just taking up space. Past GTA trailers haven't included any animals whatsoever except the odd bird. And we know R* are very careful with what they let be known.

I have to agree with Vice why put something on the trailer that wont feature in the game it makes no sense, and thats not R*'s style everything they show you can generally do or see, there was a big emphasis on exercise im thinking that maybe its trying to hint towards the fitness thing again, seems to be lots of jogging and cycling machines, yoga, also I dont think the dude speaking the protagonist, I think the black guy is he seems to be involved in alot of the action scenes -including the heist I think.

Guys am I the only one about to be heartbroken if it's just one city? The countryside was literally my favourite part about SA, and I'm sick of having just one sprawling metropolis (from IV). They're proved they can do a megacity well, why do it again :(

I don't think you know how large Southern California is.

interstate_5_southern_california_map.gif

Looks like just Los Santos from the Rockstar announcement.

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

People may still dispute that more is to come, but for me I'd say this pretty much confirms just LS.

Re. Animals in GTA V...

Remember the 'Bigfoot' rumour in GTA: SA??? :whistle:

Also, think about the sequence of 'main' GTA titles (apart from the top-down ones, handheld etc.):

GTA 3, Vice City & San Andreas.

GTA 4, Lost And The Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony.

GTA 5, ....

There's a definate link there. Logic states that San Fierro & Las Venturas would follow respectively, but we know what Rockstar are like :D

Finally, completely off-topic... :luis: << Whats that all about?!?!

Re. Animals in GTA V...

But we didn't have a picture of Bigfoot waving at us in the first fucking trailer of SA did we? Here we have a dog in the first shot of the first trailer. Kind of a different situation altogether. Also the Bigfoot rumours were stupid to begin with, it was always a myth like fingerless gloves and UFOs.

And the Luis emoticon :luis: was added after this post from him which was his first post and also I believe his last, he is our manifestation of all noobs combined. Coincidentally Marney shouldn't you add him to the shit list?

Nobody from the last generation GTA games will be in GTA V. Before GTA IV was released, I belive it was Dan Houser who was interviewed and he said that they basically pushed the reset button with GTA IV. So, the only way we'd see returning characters is if they are from GTA IV.

Also, I don't think the other two cities will be in the game. My guess is that the map will maybe be slightly larger then Red Dead Redemption and will feature a larger, more detailed Los Santos with the surrounding countryside. It look like Mt. Chiliad may be making a return which is cool, and maybe some of the small towns will return, but I personally don't think the game needs to have three large cities in it.

Grizzle how the heck did you miss this:

@ 0:53 look at this deliberate shot of the foreclosed house number under the truck as it drives by. In the event you most likely missed this obvious Easter Egg, they deliberately and plainly showcased it for a second longer at 0:56. The house number is 2405---a possible release date 24/05/12???

2405housetrucknumber.png

Here's my take on stuff in the trailer (sorry this was so long but had to get it off my chest!) :lol:

1. I agree that BMX on the side of that same foreclosed house makes it definitely seem that a multi modal transport in SA is making a comeback--- swimming, BMXs, motorbikes, boats, cars/trucks, planes and perhaps trains? What else might be new in transport Jet skis? Does that surfboard in the beach scene = Surfing??? :yes: What about the Go Karts we could race in SA? Hope that convertible car with the folding roof means pimping out rides are making a comeback too. B) Maybe this also means you can trick out other cars besides low riders? :drool:

2. I agree about the possibility of horses when they showed that dog and the mountain hiking scene. I'm really hoping those are real scenes and not special cut scenes. For some reason that hiking backpack in the mountain shot at 0:21 makes me think SA jetpacks might be also making a comeback. Maybe a combo of TBoGT parachutes and SA jetpacks? Haven't been able to do any real base jumping since SA. I've been dying to do a base jump off top of Mt Cilliad on a BMX and parachute. :D

3. @ 0:36 I thought for a couple of secs that was Badman---something to do with the color sweater he's wearing :lol:

4. Possible extracurricular activities/side missions: hopefully R* found a creative way of kicking off side missions/quests the way they ingeniously did with Red Dead. Here's my take on the side activities:

• hookers and golf are definitely carrying over from GTA IV. :wub:
  • Besides street racing, perhaps we'll get new water craft races like boat racing/jet skis as well?
  • SA/TBoGT style mini dance game/clubbing with that dude getting kicked out of that night club. Maybe the character can get bounced from clubs too?
  • Possible return of SA character customization with the muscle beach/Yoga workout shots (hope all those water shots mean we can still swim).
  • Hiking around Mt. Chilliad (that shot might imply hidden SA BMX and mini triathlon challenges? Does this mean you can now go hiking with a gf on a date or your friends? Hold hands?? :wacko: Hmmmm….
  • What about camping--there's an opened tent at 1:00 and the girl on the left in the hiking scene was carrying what looked like a rolled up tent/sleeping bag idk).
  • It would kick ass if R* used Red Dead horse feature and let us ride horses in the off road/mountainous areas. That would come in super handy for the back roads of San Fierro/Red Country/Area 51 desert areas. If you can't find a car in these remote areas, perhaps even be able to rustle horses (wild horses?!?) as well??

I've obviously got a fantastic imagination lol! But all this stuff definitely implies more fun extracurricular side activities on horizon. Definitely beats being stalked by an annoying cousin to experience death by bowling :lol:

5. Wondering what's so special about the white/Hispanic jogger right after the beach shot? Especially since the 2 female joggers turned and looked at him? Could he be the same guy like the older on the 0:40 balcony shot? I agree that balcony guy at 0:40 looks old enough to fit the protagonist's voice which sounds like a 40-50 year wise guy. But I don't think this man really resembled the guy in that convertible car shot. That looked like a much younger white/Hispanic guy in his 20's and his facial profile/head features seemed different. All these characters look similar to the lead bank robber who opens the back of the van. Also I agree that bank robber who jumped out the back of the van (the one without the hat) made me think of Packie of all people. Wonder where he was headed at the end of GTA IV end credits? Until SA location for GTA 5 was announced, I honestly thought he might have been headed to Ireland/Europe.

6. I don't think we'll be seeing Tommy V in a main role. :( Partly because of his age, hazzards of his occupation as a wise guy, and partly because the protagonist voice says "Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather…." So what's the point of Tommy leaving sunny Miami for sunny smog polluted LA? The protagonist sounds like someone who left a colder climate (like Liberty City). But then again, if he managed to survive, Tommy COULD make a cameo appearance on a mission in the role of an older, made man.

7. That bum at 0:56 is DEFINITELY NOT Nico. Don't care if you paid me a million to go with that. Wonder if this means a GTA IV carryover of a "man of the people" type achievement giving $$ away to bums? The dude running from the cops might be CJ though. Don't forget CJ won all those triathlon missions & Mt Chilliad BMX challenges in his younger days ;) He also spent a major part of his life as we know it running on foot from the cops, so it's not unreasonable to assume that character looked old enough to pass as an extremely fit 35 to 40 year old man. idk. I'm really wavering on this one. The graffiti all over Liberty City in GTA IV says CJ/Tommy/Claude RIP. Then again, the "I'm Rich" TV show in GTA IV shows a guy who looks just like CJ parachuting in that gay pink and green SA track suit---so maybe CJ could be making a cameo comeback...

And yeah--the dog in the first scene is a BIG deal B) (for me anyways). :thumbup: People been asking for animals for ages. Once again, I hope that wasn't a cut scene and this means we're finally getting some vicious @$$ guard dogs in game. Finally get to do some sick critter hunting in SA :P

Kudos R* :notworthy: Just like with Bully, GTA III/SA, Red Dead, LA Noire, and GTA IV, you've once again transcended and took gaming as we know it to the next evolution.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a 24/05/12 release date…….

Just gone back on the site.... The trailer is now saying No video found for specified ID (What it was saying when i fastforwarded my clock before the launch yesterday) Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: FUCKING CACHE PROXY. Forgot about that.

The capitalist pig-dogs of Gamespot attempt to break down the trailer and in the process do nothing but state the obvious, they didn't reference any of the things in the trailer such as bikes, the dog, etc. But they did mention TOMMY VERCETTI!!1! :stupid:

What a pointless 'breakdown' that was. I like how he kept saying 'a rip of...' like R* just took Venice Beach for example and used it.

Swear they get the most clueless people to do these reviews and breakdowns.

@ 0:53 look at this deliberate shot of the foreclosed house number under the truck as it drives by. In the event you most likely missed this obvious Easter Egg, they deliberately and plainly showcased it for a second longer at 0:56. The house number is 2405---a possible release date 24/05/12???

2405housetrucknumber.png

I did see that, and mentioned it a few pages back, with also the fact the song used was released 24-05. But I feel it's too speculative and people looked too into that number to be of any meaning to add to the OP.

Also, I think it's way to close to Max Payne 3 release, which I can't see Rockstar doing.

Can imagine horses being in the countryside, but riding them? I'm not to sure on. Seems too RDR for me. Can't picture a young black man with a wife beater and jeans gracefully galloping through the desert.

Hiking date would be boring as shit.

Looks to old to be CJ. Can imagine maybe a quick role or a mention of him, no more though.

After re-watching the start of Goodfella's I'm starting to believe that the voice over on the trailer seems quite similar(not the voice), has a similar feel...I can now see maybe a bit of Mafia style action in V

I still think it is Tommy V. In the video and I have strong faith that the release will be May 2012.

idk.....he said he "moved here for the weather" well if it was Tommy V it wouldn't make much sense. Vice City was set in Florida now he wants to move to Cali because of the weather?!? lol is about the same weather both has beaches,no snow,not very cold weather...

I still think it is Tommy V. In the video and I have strong faith that the release will be May 2012.

idk.....he said he "moved here for the weather" well if it was Tommy V it wouldn't make much sense. Vice City was set in Florida now he wants to move to Cali because of the weather?!? lol is about the same weather both has beaches,no snow,not very cold weather...

Well as they say, it never rains in southern San Andreas. ;)

Looks like just Los Santos from the Rockstar announcement.

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

People may still dispute that more is to come, but for me I'd say this pretty much confirms just LS.

If it's a huge, nice looking countryside, I won't complain.

Well think of it as RDR's map with L.A. Noire's map plonked in the middle. Although this won't be LA but a city heavily inspired by it.

The capitalist pig-dogs of Gamespot attempt to break down the trailer and in the process do nothing but state the obvious, they didn't reference any of the things in the trailer such as bikes, the dog, etc. But they did mention TOMMY VERCETTI!!1! :stupid:

What a pointless 'breakdown' that was. I like how he kept saying 'a rip of...' like R* just took Venice Beach for example and used it.

Swear they get the most clueless people to do these reviews and breakdowns.

2405housetrucknumber.png

I did see that, and mentioned it a few pages back, with also the fact the song used was released 24-05. But I feel it's too speculative and people looked too into that number to be of any meaning to add to the OP.

Also, I think it's way to close to Max Payne 3 release, which I can't see Rockstar doing.

Can imagine horses being in the countryside, but riding them? I'm not to sure on. Seems too RDR for me. Can't picture a young black man with a wife beater and jeans gracefully galloping through the desert.

Hiking date would be boring as shit.

Looks to old to be CJ. Can imagine maybe a quick role or a mention of him, no more though.

yeah you're right on the hiking dates. I was thinking more along the lines of what creative things could happen if you could take your date up to a remote cabin in the mountains. But it's unlikely R* would revist a Hot Coffee scenario anytime soon. You're also probably right on the Max Payne date. But then again, this IS the very month that gamers are being traumatized by back to back releases Skyrim, AC2 and that blasphemous GTA spin off SR3! So I'd never say never…..

But there's also a more concrete reason for an early summer release date. If you check out R* financial reports on Google or Yahoo financial sites, you'll see an interesting trend. Each year before they do a major title release, R* has typically ramped up their overhead expenditures (in terms of salary etc.) to stay on track for the upcoming release date. In the off years where no major releases happen, they've cut their expenses by as much as 50%. They've consistently done this for GTA III, SA, the 2008 release on GTA IV, again for Red Dead/LA Noire. Also their 2010 numbers on Dec 31 are very close to the numbers in 31 Dec 2007 before GTA IV got released. So I'm feeling pretty confident about a 2Q 2012 release on GTA 5. But I really don't give a shit whether they release it with Payne in early summer 2012, or later come fall next year. Hell, it might even be set for a 2013 release. :blink: Regardless, I've got to be the happiest shareholder R* has right now---that trailer alone was second to orgasm! :lol:

Re. Animals in GTA V...

But we didn't have a picture of Bigfoot waving at us in the first fucking trailer of SA did we?

We don't have a picture of a dog waving at us either, TW@. All I was trying to impliment there was perhaps it would be a fun 'easter egg' or something.

Re. Animals in GTA V...

But we didn't have a picture of Bigfoot waving at us in the first fucking trailer of SA did we?

We don't have a picture of a dog waving at us either, TW@. All I was trying to impliment there was perhaps it would be a fun 'easter egg' or something.

Not really, you obviously missed the point I was trying to make. Show me the San Andreas trailer where they showed Bigfoot, now show me a dog in the GTA V trailer; you'll find one is there and one isn't. And you don't have to resort to text speak to try and insult me, if you want to call me a twat you can do it as simple as that. I'll gladly call you a cunt in return. :D But lets not have animosity here, at least not this early.

Re. Animals in GTA V...

Not really, you obviously missed the point I was trying to make. Show me the San Andreas trailer where they showed Bigfoot, now show me a dog in the GTA V trailer; you'll find one is there and one isn't. And you don't have to resort to text speak to try and insult me, if you want to call me a twat you can do it as simple as that. I'll gladly call you a cunt in return. :D But lets not have animosity here, at least not this early.

Haha! I was using a clever GTA-based pun... i get called a cunt regularly so no skin off my nose! anyway, i also said 'rumour' regarding bigfoot. Regardless, i'm not fussed if there are, or are not animals in the game, its obviously going to be brilliant.

Haha! I was using a clever GTA-based pun... i get called a cunt regularly so no skin off my nose! anyway, i also said 'rumour' regarding bigfoot. Regardless, i'm not fussed if there are, or are not animals in the game, its obviously going to be brilliant.

Yes I did notice the GTA reference.

Hopefully the next trailer will shed more light on animals in game, if they make a second appearance then it's pretty much guaranteed they're in. If not i'll suck Pieface's cock, that's how much I believe they'll be in.