zephyr1991

GTA Online Hints and Tips

Most stores have ATMs, shoot the clerk and use the ATM before you leave, if police kill you then you are secure in not losing the cash.

Instead of shouting at store clerks to go faster, you can shoot behind them to hurry them up, same as single player. I would suggest doing this with a silenced weapon though.

I make a minigame of it. I try to shoot all the bottles on the shelves before they finish emptying the register.

• Like 2

Something I noticed when creating a character: oddly there will be a different selection of hats/glasses, depending on what lifestyle you choose. I wanted a beanie hat, so I had to give him more sleep hours, and more sports hours.

Also, If you have the John Marston dad, you will get Cowboy hat options.

Anyway this is just the initial creation, once your in game I would imagine you can buy any type.

More "Legal Work" hours results in a less "shady" appearance. You can get a suit or even a tux (like me) for free if your Legal Work hours are high enough. If you're not satisfied with your initial clothing option, move the slider to the opposite end and try again.

Instead of shouting at store clerks to go faster, you can shoot behind them to hurry them up, same as single player. I would suggest doing this with a silenced weapon though.

You can just tap on your mic as well. The bonuses of this: you don't have to strain your vocal cords shouting racial slurs and you can convince your game-mates that you're masturbating.

• Like 1

if you have $45k-whatever they will take 5 grand from you everytime you die..

That's fucking stupid. All it takes is some douche nozzles to repeatedly run you over and you're down $10k? No wonder I was finding it hard to make money.

Sounds like Obamacare to me. Thanks Obama

if the store has a second register, you can rob this register aswell, just like in singleplayer. damage it until it pops open. takes 5 rounds from a pistol, a single shot from a shotgun and also a single kick (if you can place it there, managed it once only)

You don't have to buy cars to make them your personal vehicle. Just add a tracker and it's yours. This replaces your current car so I would suggest selling it first.

You don't have to buy cars to make them your personal vehicle. Just add a tracker and it's yours. This replaces your current car so I would suggest selling it first.

after you have bought a garage (cheapest is $25,000 and holds 2 cars) you can place a car in there and a tracker is fitted for free, you do spend $50 a day on a mechanic for some stupid reason but its worth it.

i plan on upgrading from my futo, selling it and placing a different car i find in there to get tracked, just pay insurance to never loose it fully and job done, already done it with a sabre i found

also if you are having a hard type driving a nicked car and getting the cops all the time, you can get it resprayed so it doesn't happen

How do you sell a car?

Jack any car. bring it to LS Customs. If its damaged, youll see repair or sell. if its mint, sell is further down on the list. You can only sell one care every 24 minutes, regardless of changing sessions or ingame time.

You cant sell high end cars.

Fort Zuncando is a no go for normal approach. Thought I would go steal a plane or "BUZZARD" but on main entrance it has gates which you can't go through with a car. I figured though whilst I am up here i would go see if the plane wreck is still there and possibly the weapons.

I wonder if this Buzzard spawns Online ~

I'll check it out, and report back...

*PS - hopefully the missiles can lock onto other Players.

Method for making money online without actually playing the game ~

1) If you're playing GTA V's Story Mode, it's a good idea to go into GTA Online every once in a while in order to steal a car and sell it to LS Customs. a good Medium-Range car can go for $9,000-$10,000. Once you've done this just go back into GTA V ( this will save your GTA Online progress/ including money earned ) . Do this before someone tries to kill you ( potentially costing you up to $5,000 each time you're killed ).

2) Cars can only be sold to Los Santos Customs once every in-game day (48 minutes real-time). So while playing GTA V's Story Mode, every 50 minutes or so check you Phone/ Watch to see how much time has elapsed. Then go back into GTA Online to make another 9-10 Grand. You're always returned back to where you originally left GTA Online. So this will speed up the process when spawning back into the game.

3) To see how much cars will sell for, browse the car website: southernsanandreassuperautos.com

4) Selling to Los Santos Customs will earn you 10% of the market price of each listed car, if returned undamaged.

5) Enter "Passive Mode" while in GTA Online by pressing Select ( on PS3 ), it will be an option listed there ( and will cost you $100 to activate it ). This will make getting vehicles much easier ( even though you are still vulnerable while in a vehicle ). While in "Passive Mode" you are invulnerable to enemy fire while on foot ( but players can still run you over ), so get into a place where you can't be hit by a car if someone is trying to kill you. This is especially useful at the Los Santos Customs in Vinewood, just jump onto the elevated platform after you have sold a car, then deposit the money into you Bank Account using your phone. Then exit the game ( or do some robberies first/ if no one is trying to kill you ).

@zephyr1991 pointed out a great car for selling to LS Customs on the last page. The "Gallivanter Baller" ( SUV ) sells for over $9,000 ( while some other cars only go for under $1,000 ) ~

0_0.jpg

*PS - Make sure to Withdraw $100 from your bank before you exit GTA Online. So you can reactivate Passive Mode as soon as you come back.

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Another tip ~

Replaying high yield missions can get you cash very quickly. Specifically missions you get from Gerard ( he's in your contacts list on your phone/ you have to unlock him ) have relatively high payouts ($5,000-$9,000) and they can be replayed directly from the post-mission voting block with no decrease in payout. Some of these missions, including one getting money from Bikers near the Strip Club only takes like 5 minutes to complete and have a $9,000 pay out. It may be tedious but you can redo the mission as many times as desired ( until you have enough money for an Apartment or Garage ).

• Like 3

They appear somewhat often. I can find them around any garage when I need one, but it can take some time for the 'random' cars to cycle through all the SUV types and start spawning Ballers.

• Like 1