Sign in to follow this  
BlackSox9

Interesting things you've come across in the Ocean or Underwater

What are some of the things you've found while underwater? Any Easter Eggs?

Also has anyone noticed that you can only go so deep with Scuba Gear or in a Submarine before you start losing health or the Submarine implodes.

It would of been interesting if we could of gone all the way down to the Ocean Floor further out to Sea. I even tried using the Invincibility Cheat to see if I could make it all the way down to the bottom, but it was automatically disabled at a certain depth ( would of been cool if there was some type of monster down there in the Darkness ).

when doing the nuclear waste collecting and submarine parts finding, i found the underwater portion interesting when i first started... but after a while it got boring and tedious, there's the occasional sunken ship here or plane there... plus, where else can you find the scuba gear besides the dock in the NW part of the map?

overall i wasn't impressed with the submarine, and didn't find any of the underwater stuff interesting...

when doing the nuclear waste collecting and submarine parts finding, i found the underwater portion interesting when i first started... but after a while it got boring and tedious, there's the occasional sunken ship here or plane there... plus, where else can you find the scuba gear besides the dock in the NW part of the map?

overall i wasn't impressed with the submarine, and didn't find any of the underwater stuff interesting...

spent 10-15 mins with the sub and underwater...nah. not my thing. cool, but not for me.

hey bones> beside the airport, right side of the map at the docks, there is a scuba gear boat. spawns in 2-3 different places there. will show you tomorrow online. lol

• Like 1

I've seen a random spoiler post that there is a crashed alien craft in the NE section of the map. I haven't made it up there yet with the submarine. I am currently working my way south from the sub spawn collecting the nuclear waste.

I don't mind the sub all that much, although the controls are a bit wonky. I like the ability to scuba (way better than that shit scuba game on the Wii), I just wish there was more down there. I am taking my time to explore the wrecks I find - plus that $12,000 case by the tail of the plane and the exploit with it is great.

The submarine is really tedious to use, and I'm finding it hard to collect the nuclear waste because it's so time consuming. And there's no radio in the thing. I've taken to wearing Michael's 'special robe' so I at least have some dialogue to listen to while I'm down there. In regards to the scuba diving, I wish the mechanics from 'Monkey Business were used for the open world, and not just that mission. I want flippers!

I'm disappointed there wasn't that many missions in the ocean. And no spear gun.

I've seen a random spoiler post that there is a crashed alien craft in the NE section of the map. I haven't made it up there yet with the submarine. I am currently working my way south from the sub spawn collecting the nuclear waste.

I don't mind the sub all that much, although the controls are a bit wonky. I like the ability to scuba (way better than that shit scuba game on the Wii), I just wish there was more down there. I am taking my time to explore the wrecks I find - plus that $12,000 case by the tail of the plane and the exploit with it is great.

found the UFO, I'll post some pics when I get back home. Marked it with a POI pin.[\spoiler]

Overall I really loved the sub exploration (sure it's really slow, but I'm really OCD like that).

There was always this tension that some massive underwater beast was just beyond my vision waiting to consume the sub. Won't be surprised if there's going to be a Cthulu rumor going around similar to the Bigfoot rumors from San Andreas.

I guess lestrane beat me to it:

You'll find a picture of the UFO on the second link in the third post

I can still post a pic of the POI pin if anyone wants to pinpoint the exact location, but it's just off the Northern coast of the map.

Edited by DozyGamer

Sunken UFO is just east of the island chain at the top of the map.

I found a list of hidden packages, most of which are featured in sunken ships or good dive sites, etc. I don't want to link anyone to another website, but I am not sure of the guide status here. Anyway, I have a map printed out and will be "for scuba" this evening. I'll probably mark them all as POI on my map and maybe snap a photo.

• Like 1

came across the wreckage of a jumbo jet that had clearly had a very bad ditch in the ocean and got ripped apart.

found the tail to begin with which i thought was cool, got over a rocky mound to findthe rest of the aircraft about 20meters away and facing the wrong way to the tail end, had a quick look about before moving on, seems aranged in a way that would be at least semi belivable which was a good touch

Most of the underwater highlights are featured when searching for the submarine parts ("?" mission in Paleto Cove for Michael). This mission is great if you want to explore all the wrecks while using scuba, it also unlocks the dingy at the dock. Most of the wrecks have weapons, health and body armor scattered about. There are some hidden packages, but I haven't put much effort into locating them. Sharks are also more frequent around the wrecks, bring a knife.

Like the submarine, the dingy gives you scuba gear every time you exit. The dingy doesn't seem to drift as much as the submarine while you are underwater exploring.

After completing the submarine parts mission, I was able to save a dingy at my boat house as well.

has anyone ever thought to explore the alamo sea?? remember in the story when

a plane carrying military shit for merryweather crashed into it?

is there anything down there worth getting?

I haven't been there yet with scuba gear. I am pretty sure the dingy will make it up river from the Paleto docks.

has anyone ever thought to explore the alamo sea?? remember in the story when

a plane carrying military shit for merryweather crashed into it?

is there anything down there worth getting?

I just asked Otiz and Jizzy that today. Keep thinking about doing it. where's the best place to get a cargobob?

icon11.gif

After completing the submarine parts mission, I was able to save a dingy at my boat house as well.

shit, i gotta do that.

Use a cargobob to take the sub from Trevor's airfield, the plane is there, armor and weapons strewn about the place, kinda freaky swimming about it.

another question answered. can the cargobob actually lift shit outside its mission

I found the crashed Merryweather Cargo Plane that Trevor abandons after it starts going down. It's in the Pacific, you know, near the Sonar Collections Dock (Something like that) near Paleto Bay.

No it's not. It's in the Alamo Sea.

I found the crashed Merryweather Cargo Plane that Trevor abandons after it starts going down. It's in the Pacific, you know, near the Sonar Collections Dock (Something like that) near Paleto Bay.

The plane found near the Sonar Collections Dock is completely unrelated.

For the Merryweather plane I just took the dingy up the river, gets a little tight but it is doable. I search some other parts of the Alamo sea and other then the Merryweather plane I have not yet found anything of interest.

Unlike y'all I am not even close to finishing the story line missions,

so I don't have what I have read about such as submarine, scuba gear, etc.

*avoids spoilers but some slip by and I can't un-see them*

I've just been free diving with 100/100 lung capacity and have found a lot of armor, health, weapons.

Seems like lots of sunken vessel and aircraft locations have stuff, marked by that weird mushroom cloud of algae.

That algae monstrosity by the way is super creepy. With the sounds of the under sea as well.

Also topside seems like any boat or buoy has shit below it.

• Like 1