Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

My girlfriend is playing as a Khajiit, so I'm calling them the cuteywuteywuvie race. Also, Stoic - Remember my ex? The ub3r fitty? We're back together. B)

Really? With Chuck? That is the most incredible news I have ever heard, I shit thee not. My heart is happy.

Now fuck the hell out of her and make her call you Stoic.

What are the Khajit?

I thought by their accent, the fact they travel in caravans and live in a desert world they were the sand honkys. Something very Persian about them.

Although Redguard look more honkyish, Orcs sound honkyish.

What are the Khajit?

I thought by their accent, the fact they travel in caravans and live in a desert world they were the sand honkys. Something very Persian about them.

Ah, that explains the thick aroma of cologne and their addiction to hard to find drugs; that they only appear to have. Very spot on.

I'm getting no further with the main quest, I keep getting sidetracked by other quests. I don't even have my Dah yet, only the Fus Ro part.

I'm starting to get a little bored now. I went to the Atronach Forge under the College and made a Daedric Sword (without any smithing experience), which is less powerful than my Bound Sword (which is identical to a Daedric Sword, but I've got the extra damage perk for bound weapons) and now I'm just looting random mines and caves trying to get to 100,000 septims for the achievement.

After I've done that all I really care about doing is getting all the dragon shouts. I haven't done the Bards College quests because it doesn't interest me, but I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually.

The random assassinations missions for the Dark Brotherhood are just boring, it seems to be the same three targets? Very disappointed with that. It's a nice money earner, just repetitive.

It is quite fun walking around randomly and seeing what you can find. Sneak attacking giants with a 30x damage multiplier (perk + shrouded gloves) for an easy 200-300 septims is good.

I suppose I could work my way up to being a Thane in every hold but I have to find everyone that needs help first <_<

Hm, you guys don't understand the races. Guess I'll have to be a huge nerd and explain it.

Altmer, or High Elves, have a somewhat Asian background combined with the more Tolkien-esque elven culture.

Argonians are self-explanatory; they're swamp-dwelling lizards, some similarities to modern American blacks, but it's unintentional.

Nord are Nords, Norwegian vikings, simple enough.

Bretons were created when ancient Nords interbred with the Aldmer, the ancestors of the High Elves. They're dirty, dirty half-breeds.

Khajiit and Redguards are both based on Middle Eastern people (sand honkys), with the Redguards obviously leaning more towards regular honky, with a small amount of Asian thrown in (the Asian influence is barely mentioned, unless you go as far back as their original homeland of Yokuda).

Bosmer, Wood Elves, are barbarians, basically. Unlike the High Elves, Dark Elves, or Orcs, Wood Elves were created, rather then descending from the Aldmer.

Imperials are white people. Regular, boring white people.

Dunmer, Dark Elves, were Altmer who left gay, boring Summerset Isle to check out Morrowind. Some shit went down, people got killed, and they were deformed and turned into Dark Elves, now they're awesome.

Orcs were a clan of elves whose leader, Trinimac, was eaten by the Daedra Boethiah and turned into Malacath, and the elves were then turned into Orcs, They're not honkys, although their culture is sort of a mix of Redguard and Nord culture.

• Like 1

Orcs were a clan of elves whose leader, Trinimac, was eaten by the Daedra Boethiah and turned into Malacath, and the elves were then turned into Orcs, They're not honkys, although their culture is sort of a mix of Redguard and Nord culture.

I only said they sound like honkys, but they have somewhat big lips and other honkyish features.

@Mass: It's a shame that the Akaviri races haven't made an apperance in a game yet. They are swimming in Asian sauce. It's cool how their military tactics had an influence on the imperials, especially the blades. Cloud Ruler Temple was of Akaviri design. I say was because the bastard Thalmor destroyed it, apparently.

Adding on to what Massacre mentioned,I give you some basic info on some of the other non-playable races

The Nedes are all humans (not including Redguards) who arrived in Tamriel from Atmora before Ysgramor/Tiber Septim.They came in waves over a period of time. Hence why the forsworn (who are of partial Breton descent, I believe) bitch and moan about being in Skyrim before the nords. Bitching and moaning about being mistreated in a land that wasn't even their's first. The nedes are Tamriel's jews.

I read at some point that there may have been humans who were native to Tamriel as well, but they died out. Oh well.

The Falmer, those cuddly critteres you find underground, are what are left of the Snow elves, who were the original elven inhabitants of Skyrim. The nords drove them out, and they were forced underground, where the Dwemer took them in. And fed them toxic shit. The two eventually started fighting each over, and when the Dwemer disappeared, the Falmer took over most of their temples or whatever. Except they are a bunch of inbred retards, and are useless as fuck. Hence why they are of little concern to anyone not living in lighthouses. A once pround race who are now dickless and violent. The falmer are Tamriel's Irish.

There are also other people from the other continents, like the Sload (who seem awesome), and the Akaviri, who are comprised of 4 different races, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, read about the races in a more coherent fashion here > http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Races

Slightly off-topc, I'm hopeful the next Elder scrolls will be set in Black Marsh, which would probably be the last strongthold of Tamriel's resistance to the Ka Po' Tun-led Akaviri invasion that is hinted at in "Mysterious Akavir". Discuss.

I'd rather visit Eslweyr or Hammerfell, personally. I can never get enough desert wandering.

Yeah, I'd like to see Elsweyr, too. The mix of Desert and Jungle would be interesting. As long as the next one isn't in High Rock, I'll be happy, really.

Had a major glitch yesterday and it happened twice. I was doing the final quest to become a companion, and all the graffics turned blue, at first it was just little things and so i just thouhjt it was a minor glitch and carried on, then as i got further into the cave it got worse, the 'badies' became invisable, i couldnt see where i was ment to be going because it was just all blue! After trying to get through multiple times and fail each time i then loaded an old save from way before this cave, but the blue was still there. I turned the game off and took the disc out, then set it all up again and it was fine, no blue.

Then i was doing the winterhold college quest with the deathlord guy and this time everything went brown, not as bad as before but it started to get worse. I turned it off so will see later today if its still brown. I hope not.

I'd rather visit Eslweyr or Hammerfell, personally. I can never get enough desert wandering.

Yeah, I'd like to see Elsweyr, too. The mix of Desert and Jungle would be interesting. As long as the next one isn't in High Rock, I'll be happy, really.

High Rock is too small for its own game. If we ever saw it, it would either be a game featuring both High Rock and Hammerfell, or just DLC. But not DLC for Skyrim, because we don't deal with High Rock at all in the game.

The way Skyrim's story goes, and with Summerset Isle being roughly the same size as High Rock, I'd expect Summerset to be DLC for Skyrim.

^This is the first Elder Scrolls game I've played properly, and given Fallout 3 had 4 or 5 DLC packs, you reckon there'll be a decent portion of DLC? I don't really know what to expect.

Mercedes - PC or console? Had any trouble with other games?

They said that the DLC would be 'meaty'. So it will more than likely take us to a place outside of Skyrim, I think that's expected. Whether it be a daedric world or another island, i'm unsure. They did also add smaller DLCs to oblivion, like the stronghold and mage tower etc. Whether they will add small things like that to the game, I don't know.

They said that the DLC would be 'meaty'. So it will more than likely take us to a place outside of Skyrim, I think that's expected. Whether it be a daedric world or another island, i'm unsure. They did also add smaller DLCs to oblivion, like the stronghold and mage tower etc. Whether they will add small things like that to the game, I don't know.

I wasn't aware of the smaller DLCs, I've got the PS3 GOTY edition with Knights Of The Nine and The Shivering Isles. I feel a bit ripped off now. <_< But yeah, both previous game's expansions included entirely new locations, so I would be very surprised if Skyrim didn't.

A Valenwood/Elsweyr mix would be good actually. A nice contrast from each.

Actually now you mention it that would be pretty sweet, forget what I said about High Rock. :P Makes sense geographically too.

Just made a few sex scenes with corpses, it's pretty fun. I could do it for hours.

dude, i loved manipulating dead bodies in fallout... here's cherry from fallout 3 :D... she looks like she's my personal whore high on jet and passed out on my bed... i was disappointed in not being able to do this in new vegas... there were no temporary followers like that :(...

cherry2.jpg

I wasn't aware of the smaller DLCs, I've got the PS3 GOTY edition with Knights Of The Nine and The Shivering Isles. I feel a bit ripped off now. <_<

If it makes you feel less ripped off, they were just elaborate houses. I think the Dwemer Orrery was the only small DLC that had any noteworthy content.

I'm doing some 'history' reading, if you will. Holy shit. So much.

One bowl, a bag of Cheddar Cheese Sun Chips, and a two-liter of Coke Zero got me through about a quarter of the lore. I've been playing TES since Morrowind and I only know about half of the story.