Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I've made quite good use of it. If there is a guard (during the thieves guild quest line) in the way, I just throw my voice and sneak around him as quick as possible. Alternatively, I use invisibility potions. Both are great ways of getting past those few guards that stand right in the middle of your path (without simply slaughtering them)!

Today, the Skyrim topic beat out the Fallout topic for the second highest number of replies on the forums. Now let's see if it can overcome the hundreds of noob posts in the GTA V wishlist topic.

Of course it can. That thread is full of noobs, I don't want anything to do with it.

i like to surpise the enemy... make a noise to get their attention

Speaking of which, the Throw Voice shout is totally fucking useless. They can hear the voice you project, yes, but they also hear your whisper so after they realised that generic rock wall isn't the source, they come straight for you.

Yeah, I last night I went to Shearpoint and finally killed that bastard Krosis and got the Whisper Shout. I got found out immediately each time. I'll stick to plinking arrows off the walls or distracting them with a ghost wolf.

I got the Rose of Sanguine or whatever last night. It was a pretty good quest, very reminiscent of a recent Hollywood movie where the characters drank too much. Now I can summon up a Daedra to help kill whatever I need to. Pretty freaking awesome.

Today, the Skyrim topic beat out the Fallout topic for the second highest number of replies on the forums. Now let's see if it can overcome the hundreds of noob posts in the GTA V wishlist topic.

Of course it can. That thread is full of noobs, I don't want anything to do with it.

Speaking of which, the Throw Voice shout is totally fucking useless. They can hear the voice you project, yes, but they also hear your whisper so after they realised that generic rock wall isn't the source, they come straight for you.

Yeah, I last night I went to Shearpoint and finally killed that bastard Krosis and got the Whisper Shout. I got found out immediately each time. I'll stick to plinking arrows off the walls or distracting them with a ghost wolf.

I got the Rose of Sanguine or whatever last night. It was a pretty good quest, very reminiscent of a recent Hollywood movie where the characters drank too much. Now I can summon up a Daedra to help kill whatever I need to. Pretty freaking awesome.

That quest is one of my favourites. Oh yeah, Stoic (and anyone else who has finished it)...

Head back to Morvunskar after a few days. I had to return there for an item for another quest, and Sanguine was wandering one of the lower halls killing mages. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it's awesome anyway, especially as he can't die.

When it comes to potions i use the paralysis one sometimes and i used an invisability one, the rest i dont use but have just incase i need them. The scrolls take to long to work and im half dead by the time i get it going. I havent played in 3 days and now i cant even remeber what im doing in this particular cave, im sure it will come back to me.

O and use the wait a lot, that way i save on health potions.

surprisingly, i am quite adept at sneaking apparently... i hadn't realized it until a couple levels ago but i am actually improving my sneaking skills because i crouch-walk a lot... it's an old habit from fallout, that way i can tell when i've been spotted... so i've used a few perk upgrades on sneak... i think i have the 50% less noise from armor perk, or is that a heavy armor perk??

either way, i am getting closer to my goal of being one of those types that scout the room, then charge in taking out the most problematic enemies first... i am close to being able to dictate who and where i go when i enter a room... right now i just kind of run out there and face it head-on...

I am always a sneaking, picking enemies off from afar type player in games. I'm going to try my best to be a melee tank in my next playthrough, but I don't think i'll manage very well without my beloved bow. I don't know whether to play as a Nord - which seems very generic - or an Orc. At least if i'm a Nord I can wear the helmet and not look stupid.

I was going through my cave quite happy, decide to take a nap on a stone bed and bam the dark brotherhood. What tossers! Now i have to go to the cave and do it all again. So i decided to kill all three of the twats at the abandoned place for kicks.

What, you were attacked by the DB while you were sleeping? That's never happened to me before, I often sleep in dungeons to get the 8 hour skill bonus. I've had a few assassins attack me on roads out in the countryside who were working for the DB, but never in an interior location.

Also i'm still sure my wife got stuck somewhere in Blackreach, I think this because I had the same thing happen with my current follower - Iona, that bitch from Riften - got stuck up the side of a mountain after she tried to follow me. (I often use jump to get up sheer rock faces if I can't be bothered to find a viable route instead.) She was stuck there so I told her to go home, she didn't move but the message came up saying "your follower leaves you" so I thought no more about it. Eventually when I got back to Riften she wasn't there, so I went back to where I left her - luckily I remembered the exact spot, lo and behold she's still standing there. I asked her to follow me again, which did nothing, so in the end I fus ro dah'd her down the side of the mountain where she finally resumed following me.

i do carry a bow with me though... i use it to pick off one enemy in the room, if it has the power to do so... most of the time it just pisses off the enemies... which doesn't bother me since i was about to roll up on them with my dual weapons anyways...

i still have an orcish mace, but i have since added the aladdin schmitar to my arsenal... the resell value for them are crap, but the base damage is the best of all my one-handed weapons right now... plus, i finally get the cool blade kill cams... for a while there i was just seeing blunt force trauma, now i get to see sword stabs and hopefully decapitations soon...

What, you were attacked by the DB while you were sleeping? That's never happened to me before, I often sleep in dungeons to get the 8 hour skill bonus. I've had a few assassins attack me on roads out in the countryside who were working for the DB, but never in an interior location.

Also i'm still sure my wife got stuck somewhere in Blackreach, I think this because I had the same thing happen with my current follower - Iona, that bitch from Riften - got stuck up the side of a mountain after she tried to follow me. (I often use jump to get up sheer rock faces if I can't be bothered to find a viable route instead.) She was stuck there so I told her to go home, she didn't move but the message came up saying "your follower leaves you" so I thought no more about it. Eventually when I got back to Riften she wasn't there, so I went back to where I left her - luckily I remembered the exact spot, lo and behold she's still standing there. I asked her to follow me again, which did nothing, so in the end I fus ro dah'd her down the side of the mountain where she finally resumed following me.

Yea, no joke. I was in some cave begining with M, i lockpicked and opened a door and got a key to another door, so i went throu and there was only a helmet in there so i diched my current helmet and changed to the better one, at this point my health was about half and i thought well since there are no badies i will have a rest on this best and get my health up, next thing some strange woman dressed in red sittin on a bookshelf starts waking me up in some abandoned shack, (up until this point all i no of the dark brotherhood is that i keep gettin people tryin to kill me that have note from them and a courier delivered a letter with a hand print on it) so she is explaining how i killed the adoption old bitch and because of that i need to kill someone else blah, blah, blah. She has three people in the shack tied up and asks me to kill 1, so i kill all 3 (naturally) and she is very happy and offers me a job. I thought this must happen to everyone...

When you want to join, just walk around Windhelm until you see a dark elf woman talking to a Nord kid about Aventus Arentino (near the Grey Quarter), and that'll start the quest. I don't remember if you have to actually talk to one of them, or just overhear their conversation.

wow, haven't made it out that way yet either... basically, whiterun is the only castle i've visited... i am thinking that once i wrap up a few more loose ends in whiterun, i'll head to riften...

this game is too fucking big... so big that i often reach a stalemate as to what to do next... come tomorrow, i will probably still be in whiterun, just as confused as i was when i posted this...

So today I decided to go totally against my mage character and levelled up Smithing and made myself a full suit of Legendary Daedric Armour. Didn't take long at all, but then I had a huge stock of leather and ingots in the chest in the Archmage quarters to get me started. I also created a full set of Daedric weaponary (thank god for the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon) and am trying to level up Two Handed, but when my Daedric sword does 71 damage and my Greatsword only does 39, I'm finding myself constantly switching back when there are loads of enemies.

Trying to chain-enchant is a PITA though. Iron daggers enchanted with Banish fetch around 2000 gold, and I've got 100 of them. That took forever though and there's no one to sell them to, so I only keep a couple on me to make sure I get my money back when bulk buying off merchants.

this game is too fucking big... so big that i often reach a stalemate as to what to do next... come tomorrow, i will probably still be in whiterun, just as confused as i was when i posted this...

Just imagine how bad it's going to be in Fallout 4. I get half an erection every time I think about how this new tech is going to translate from Elder Scrolls to Fallout. But, that's a discussion for the Fallout topic.

I ended up in a prison for the first time today, for trespassing. I ended up in some slavery ore mine...

In Markarth? That's the interesting quest I mentioned yesterday. How it played out was totally unexpected.

@massacre... for reals... my first interest in skyrim was because i wanted to see the new fallout engine in working order... it's not much different to be honest... graphics are more HD now, but the world and architecture is still the same... but oblivion to skyrim is such a leap that it could probably jump over 20 mammoths stacked on top of each other... the difference from new vegas to skyrim is much smaller, but i do see some great landscape changes to the next fallout... they were just starting to dick around with elemental effects like weather and wind... skyrim nails the snowy stuff, except that uncharted 2 nailed it better with footprints and your character actually looking like he was walking thru some snow...

i hope fallout gets to be as big as skyrim though... while there is plenty to do in new vegas, skyrim has it beat by about 300 hours (for my slow playing style)... i want more more more to do in fallout :D... this new engine seems to pack the punch for stuff to do...

I killed Krosis a few days ago. He was really fun, a lot more fun that Volsung. but I was a lot weaker when I fought Volsung, so it was very much cheap shots and then running off to jump up the side of the mountain where his staff couldn't reach me and arrowing him. Krosis, myself, and Jordis and her summoned Valynaz were going at it hard, even when she or I slashed the Valynaz and he turned on us. Shit got intense.

Sanguine Rose! I've given it to Jordis (as mentioned above), she holds it in her left hand and has a fuck off enchanted Scimitar with 81 damage.

I think i've pissed off the inhabitants of Markarth after I went on a rampage in the Dibella temple and killed everyone (hey they attacked me first.) Then I did the quest to steal Calcelmo's Falmer writings and pissed off the guards in the process, then I accidentally stole a horse on the way out. But they were cool about it and I paid the half of the money to get me off.

In Markarth, you mean Molag Bal? House of Horrors the quest is called. And yes I started it, it's one of the many quests i've still got to finish, i'm slowly working my way through them.

Something funny I just read about him on ESWiki:

"Molag Bal is the Daedric Prince whose sphere is the domination and enslavement of mortals. He is known as the King of Rape."

Massacre?

I do identify with both Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon, but Hermaeus Mora is where it's at. Hermaeus is badass and Lovecraftian, and has the coolest plane of Oblivion.

Speaking of, has anyone found the quest for Hermaeus Mora yet? I'd like to get a few clues and find the quest myself rather than just check the wiki.