Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i never use a bow exept for dragons, i find them diffcult i use my sword of winterhold? I think its called, whereever the college is i got it from the yarl there, it is enchanted to make creatures flee if they are under a curtain level. i also use magic when i can, i like conjuring my wolf and lighting bolts.

You're formally invited, Massy. Get your gas masked ass on a plane. ;)

I'll start stitching together something resembling a suit.

Protip: Have a secondary weapon for your stealth archer. My guy is a stealth archer, and it doesn't even work as a character half the time, because there's either too many enemies at once to pick off before they all run at you, you get attacked before you see the enemy so you can't sneak up on them, or you spend half the game in small caves with no room to sneak up on anyone/you cant see far enough.

It's fun outside or if there's only 1-2 enemies you need to pick off but otherwise the 'stealth' aspect of stealth characters in general fails pretty badly in combat situations. Which is why I have a kickass warhammer incase I need to get up close.

I don't know what it is, but you've missed something. I can kill about five people in one go without getting spotted. Getting the blessing from the Shadow Stone behind Riften helps, and any stealth player should join the Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood early on to have access to the stealth armor and sneak trainers (I don't remember if the Dark Brotherhood has a sneak trainer, actually, but I know the Thieves' Guild does.). Beyond that, just sink all your perks into sneak and archery and you should be good to go. I can one-shot most enemies with my bow, and I haven't even bothered with enchantments yet.

Besides what I've said so far, other useful tips would be finding the Throw Voice and Aura Whisper shouts (the former does exactly what it says - it throws your voice to wherever you're looking, distracting enemies and giving you the chance to either get around them or find a better place to launch arrows from - and the latter shows all nearby enemies on your compass), and collecting Luna Moth wings and Chaurus eggs to make weak invisibility potions (I found the Shadow Stone before I leveled my alchemy any further, so I don't know what goes into the more powerful potion).

The only time I'm discovered is when a quest forces a follower onto me, and they get me caught because they can't sneak for shit.

Today I collected a load of misc quests from innkeepers and random dungeons, got a few shouts, and two priest masks. I won't be able to get the full collection because I skipped the one in the entrance to Sovngarde :( Oh well, as a mage the only one I'm interested in is Morokei.

I also used that exploit Stoic mentioned to get my speech to level 100, got the perk to sell any item to any merchant, and finally half-emptied my chest in the Arch-Mages Quarters of enchanted shit to sell to get the 100,000 septim achievement.

So much for what I said about being bored a couple of days ago. I've been playing for hours today.

I've lost my wife somewhere in Blackreach, answers to the name of Jenassa. Don't know if she's dead or I accidentally told her to wait. I've searched all round the place but she could be anywhere, floating in some water or in one of the rooms that adjoins it. I don't remember killing her but she could have been caught by a stray arrow or fus ro dah.

298px-Jenassa.png

I'd hit it.

I wish you could divorce your spouse. I married some miner woman from Shor's Stone early on (I can't even remember her name). I got sick of her when I saw all the hot tail around, so i kicked her out of Breezehome and sent her back to live in Shor's Stone, where she is more likely to be killed by a dragon or a spider. You see, my character's not evil enough to kill his wife, but he will put her life in jeopardy for someone better. Anyway, no luck yet.

I sold my Amulet of Mara so i'm not sure if I can remarry. (Assuming she's dead.) Although there are apparently lots more amulets scattered around so i'll see what happens.

Wait somewhere (using the 'wait' function, not standing around looking like a retard), she'll show up if she's still alive. If you told her to wait somewhere, she'll only wait there for three days before going home.

speaking of missing followers, a few weeks back I had that dog that randomly shows up as follower. He was following me through a cave when I told him to leave. I just assumed he would go to Whiterun, but the bugger just took off and I didn't see him again. Is that supposed to happen?

Meeko, or the dog from the random encounter? Meeko goes back to Meeko's Shack, and I haven't had that random encounter, so I don't know where the other dog goes.

Also, don't buy the dog from the Markarth stables, if you dismiss him, you have to pay another 500 gold to get him back.

Meeko, or the dog from the random encounter? Meeko goes back to Meeko's Shack, and I haven't had that random encounter, so I don't know where the other dog goes.

Also, don't buy the dog from the Markarth stables, if you dismiss him, you have to pay another 500 gold to get him back.

The random encounter dog. I had a quick look around, and if you tell the dog to go home when you don't have a home, it just vanishes. I'm 100% certain I had Breezehome at the time, though. Oh well, no great loss.

Wait somewhere (using the 'wait' function, not standing around looking like a retard), she'll show up if she's still alive. If you told her to wait somewhere, she'll only wait there for three days before going home.

I tried all that first of all, she didn't return. I've covered what I think were all the places I went to in Blackreach and I can't find her, I don't even remember when I lost her or i'd have reloaded, but after about five saves I realised she wasn't there.

Also I find it fucking hilarious when you sneak attack a bandit marauder and then hide. When they give up looking they say "hmm, must've been my imagination". Yeah that arrow sticking out the side of your head is your imagination huh?

cadman01.jpg

a breton version of st. nicholas :lol:... MERRY CHRISTMAS!! he's actually got a king leonidas look to him without the hat... i have been dicking around in riverwood for a while, trying to figure out how to use things and learn the conversation trees and quests and icons on the HUD, and... and... yea, lots of stuff to figure out...

i am currently wondering if my level 2 character can withstand the march up the mountain for some damned golden claw... i really want to do it though, and i will make a save back in town before i try it... i want to wrap up that quest because i feel like i will get my hands on a free place to stay and store stuff... and i could use a place like that already... i've sold most of my extra stuff, but i know i need to be saving some of this stuff for later...

i can tell i will have fun exploring though, as i've already discovered places i want to re-visit for exploration very soon... but i need to get a place to store stuff... riverwood is my best bet, so i am going to see if i can help out here, i already have a love triangle to figure out, but i am going to wait on that one for when i get back...

i can't really decide if i like this game or love it... it's still too early to tell... i had to restart the scene right after character creation because the dragon apparently sent me underneath the front gate of the stronghold while i was following some dude... my character, in an LOL moment :lol:, glitched underneath the door like he was digging his way out... the dragon did some spell blast and i flew towards the gate, then i started to slide underneath it, and next thing i knew i was outside the castle... i was tempted to just run away but i knew i wasn't going to advance from there... leave it to bethesda to make me smack my forehead laughing right off the bat...

------

ha, i guess i can get a place to stay in riverwood if i do finish up the main quest here... and i guess this is also where that archery glitch is someone was talking about?? lol, i know what i am about to do then... time to get a claw and a badass archery skill, for a secondary skill of course :lol:... this is my first look at the wikia since i started too... i just wanted to look up the local inn, then found the local quest as well...

EDIT: ahh, nevermind, they meant, "main quest" :angry:... i guess i will sell what i can and head off to whiterun... hopefully i can gather another few grand here and there for that place there... kinda sucks not having a place to hold up at on the cheap... 10g for the room at the inn doesn't suffice, those containers are maked red...

EDIT2: i am also stricken with the "ataxia" spell, and have no idea what to do... it hasn't stopped my lockpicking skills, but someone told me i looked sick, so i had to see what i contracted... thankfully it wasn't the vampirism shit...

EDIT3: HA! i just found a stagecoach that can take me to any stronghold, and it worked!! but i am reloading because i am in whiterun on some business... it's nice to know i can do that though :D...

I've lost my wife somewhere in Blackreach, answers to the name of Jenassa. Don't know if she's dead or I accidentally told her to wait. I've searched all round the place but she could be anywhere, floating in some water or in one of the rooms that adjoins it. I don't remember killing her but she could have been caught by a stray arrow or fus ro dah.

298px-Jenassa.png

you've lost your wife?!? by accident, ahem, i'm sure... i just ran into her, she's sitting at the drunken hunstman in whiterun, a hired merc for a 500g... you should of kept that bitch on a leash...

Yeah, I've overcome my Skyrim boredom. Launching Fireballs into crowded rooms is great fun. My guy looks like the High Elf version of Gaahl.

Massacre, your stealth exploits make me excited to start my own play through. What race are you?

Bones, you can cure diseases either by getting blessed at various shrines, or by using a cure disease potion.

Edit: This topic has reunited the Fallout crowd. Woo.

Ok so what's the point of invisibility, I used it for the first time last night from the Shadow Stone after an assassin attacked me, I activated it and the bastard still kept coming after me. Great invisibility when people can still attack you.

Ok so what's the point of invisibility, I used it for the first time last night from the Shadow Stone after an assassin attacked me, I activated it and the bastard still kept coming after me. Great invisibility when people can still attack you.

You need to sneak as well. If they've detected you it's hard to get away from them just by turning invisible. Really you need to use invisibility before coming into contact with them but even so if you have low sneak skill they will spot you, and if you don't have the perk to silently cast spells then they'll detect that as well. Generally speaking invisibility is pretty pointless unless you've thrown everything at sneak skill and perks.

@darth - thanks, i literally just found a shrine and cured my disease... i'll keep that in mind when i get something...

@vice - yea, it's pretty self explanatory... this isn't like "crysis 2" where you can go invisible and run to the other side of the map... you have to use it before you're detected, and still sneak around after using it... unfortunately, sneaking around doesn't work with my character... it's hard to sneak around in heavy armor...

i got some more exploring to do in whiterun... but once i've wrapped up some things, i am going to hitch a ride to firten... actually, i might walk out that way for the experience...

I can sneak like a motherfucker, I took down most of the Thalmor Embassy by picking them off with arrows and hiding behind a nearby rock, just for lols. But to me if you are invisible people shouldn't be able to attack you regardless of whether you're sneaking or not, how can you hit what you can't see?

Massacre, your stealth exploits make me excited to start my own play through. What race are you?

Edit: This topic has reunited the Fallout crowd. Woo.

My two stealth characters are a dark elf (sneaky assassin) and a wood elf (hunter), with my Khajiit slowly becoming more stealth-oriented. Argonians and Khajiit are fun for stealth, too; that tail flicking back and forth while you're sneaking makes you look like a wild animal stalking your prey. This is especially true for my Khajiit, since he only uses his claws for combat (and magic for sneaky, pre-combat tricks)

Also, fuck yeah. Here's hoping Skyrim keeps us all together until Fallout 4.

hmm, i feel like trying a new character soon. Dunno what yet. I've only played as a sneaky woodelf archer. What would you guys suggest i try next?

I'm intrigued to try either an Orc, Argonian or Khajiit. Just because they're different. I don't know what playing style to go for though. I'm leaning towards a heavy armour Orc tbh, since at the moment i suck at melee combat, and i'd like to try it.

I only have one character. I imagine one day I will play another, but maybe not. My guy is a Nord with a shaved head and a big bushy brown beard. I was going for the whole wizardly look, but I was very dismayed when I learned there wasn't a floppy wizard hat. I wish I could change up his face, but instead I just keep a Dragon Priest Mask on him - except when he's wearing a circlet or helmet with an enchantment for smithing/alchemy/pickpocketing/etc and I am forced to look at my ugly ass. I guess he's damn handsome for a Nord, so fuck it. I think my next character might be a hella evil Khajiit - I really liked the character models for them, but I didn't wanted to get treated like a two-headed jew by the NPC's.

I didn't really get to play over the Christmas break, but I did get to play last night (1245-315AM) when I got home from traveling. I finally got my enchanting skill to 100. I think now my speech, enchanting and smithing skills are all at 100. I'm trying to focus on my alchemy in the meantime. I finally invested in the perk that allowed me to create the dragon armor. I wish there was like a dragon sword I could make, but the armor is pretty bad ass. My character focuses on light armor, but I use the heavy armor gauntlets and boots for looking fucking awesome. I had saved 20+ dragons worth of Dragon Bones and Dragon Scales, so I crafted a ton of armor, made it, upgraded it, and then enchanted it (set for smithing, set for alchemy, set for magicka, etc.) I spent most of last night crafting armor and jewelry to enchant with different powers; I bought a bunch of cheaper and useful enchanted items in the stores of Whiterun and de-enchanted them in Dragonsreach to level up my enchanting skills. I also made a shit-ton of money.

Speaking of shit-tons of money, if you focus on alchemy at all; here are the money makers and their ingredients. I never have to work again thanks to these handy recipes:

Damage Magicka Regen:

Bear claws, Blue Butterfly Wing, Blue Mountain Flower, Chickens Egg, Glow Dust, Hanging Moss, Nightshade, Spider Egg, Spriggan Sap

Damage Stamina Regen:

Creep cluster, Frost Mirriam, Histcarp, Juniper Berries, Large Antlers, Silverside Perch, Skeever Tail, Wheat

Invisibility:

Chaurus Eggs, Nirnroot, Ice Wraith Teeth, Luna Moth Wing, Vampire Dust

Paralysis:

Briar Heart, Canis Root, Imp Stool, Swamp Fungal Pod

See above, invisibility is for selling, not for using. Change your Stone to something more beneficial like the lockpick one.

Protip: Have a secondary weapon for your stealth archer. My guy is a stealth archer, and it doesn't even work as a character half the time, because there's either too many enemies at once to pick off before they all run at you, you get attacked before you see the enemy so you can't sneak up on them, or you spend half the game in small caves with no room to sneak up on anyone/you cant see far enough.

It's fun outside or if there's only 1-2 enemies you need to pick off but otherwise the 'stealth' aspect of stealth characters in general fails pretty badly in combat situations. Which is why I have a kickass warhammer incase I need to get up close.

It's actually pretty realistic I would say. An enemy NPC sees one of his friends get killed by an arrow, they are going to start searching you out. Even if you're 100 level sneak, you're not going to be invisible while standing in plain site. I don't have any problems taking people/creatures out, even in large quantities as I use cover - including the cover of darkness to hide. In a cave, all you have to do is find the darkest corner and just take everyone out. I've had people walk right up to me, unable to see me crouching there, then I just put an arrow in their dick. Also, if you're a serious archer/thief and you don't have the Deadly Aim sneak perk, for three times the damage with a bow, tsk, tsk.

But you are right to carry another weapon. As an archer/thief myself, I am also notorious for creeping right up on someone and cutting their fucking throat with my glass dagger with the soul trap. If you increase your sneak skill enough, you can execute a roll when in sneak mode and come out of the somersault into an assassination. I'm deadlier than the guys from Assassin's Creed.

I carry two bows, one elven and one glass. One has burning capabilities and one has a soul trap. I also carry an elven sword and a glass sword. One has freezing capabilities, the other has burning ones. I also have my glass dagger for close combat soul cleanup. None of my weapons are bought from the stores or found on a quest, they are all hand-forged, upgraded and enchanted by yours truly. Same as my armor. I'm only using dwarven arrows and up.

I also have a ring for archery. Usually no one walks away from the business end of my arrow and their friends should spend less time looking for me and spend more time trying to get the fuck out of there before I put an arrow in their dick too.

Ha, "Pro-tip". Suck Massacre's balls.

Oh yeah, I also reached level 50 last night. That was the last thing I did before shutting down for the night/wee hours of the morning.

Wife is out of town and I have the house to myself tonight. Sounds like I might need to pick up a few red bulls for tonight.

I can't see myself starting another character until I'm well and truly bored of my current save and stay away from the game for a few months. The second time round you start cutting corners and things aren't so much of a surprise anymore, so it isn't as fun. Plus, I quite like my Nord, and am glad I chose it over one of the most stupid-looking races. Perhaps the only thing I wish I had done is made him look a bit more haggered; after being a werewolf and being reduced back to my undies he's a fine specimen of nature - bustling with muscle and nothing but a scar and some thin facial hair on his face. But then, like Stoic, I usually keep a priest mask on his face so it's not like you see it too often (and when wearing with Archmage robes, it usually glitches so I have no head at all).