Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guest Marney1

Freeing up some (some read a lot after I deleted GT5) space on the PS3's harddrive seems to have smoothed things out for me, I still get the odd lag patch and an occasional freeze but 90% of the time now it's stable.

Also why are there so many dragons? I was near Rannveig's Fast when a dragon appeared, which I killed. Then I went into Rannveig's Fast and cleared it, came back out... another fucking dragon appeared. I thought fuck this I can't be bothered since it takes too long, so I buggered off and left the dragon circling over the mountain top.

I also had a good clearout of shit on my PS3. Deleted Dead Nation and inFamous (remember the free 'we're sorry' package from Sony after the hacking thing?) because they were uttter shite and I'd have never loaded them up again anyway. Deleted my GT5 stuff too because I haven't played it since I played online with bOnEs, DuPz0r and Indy (think it was Indy) and others.

27Gb free space now on a fat 80Gb PS3.

Haven't played Skyrim today as I had to venture out in the snow...................wait.

inFamous was a great game, and you are a proud american if you did not enjoy it. Still haven't played Dead Nation.

I hadn't really thought about all the options I had for unarmed. I've pretty much just used the Heavy Armor perk on my Khajiit at this point.

Also, that guy is fucking hilarious.

Guest Marney1

I didn't like inFamous because you had stupid glowing magic type lightning bolts you could take enemies down with. :v

infamous221.jpg

Guest Marney1

You're stupid.

LOL - It's 3:10am here and after I've eaten my dinner I'll be getting back into Skyrim until the sun comes up. :)

Hope I don't catch that Vampire thing. :o

@marney - dude, you are retarded... infamous is one of the best open world games out there... and infamous 2 was amazing, building upon the original, and carving out a great legacy for the future of the story... i heard comic books are in the works, if they aren't out already... it's a legitimate new world for video games, and opens up the possibility for more angles...

the world of infamous has created a world of superheroes from here on out... it's about time we have something else other than DC or marvel in video games... those worlds are worn out, it's nice to have a fresh angle...

sorry for the rant, but you're an idiot for not liking infamous... and a FREE infamous at that :angry:....

Guest Marney1

@bOnEs TBH I only played the opening scene and just couldn't get into the way he jumps, just seemed too comic book for me. Might seem like a sad excuse for not liking it and although it's obviously a popular game, it's just not for me. Neither are comic books but I'm not knocking fans of comic books either. Each to their own I suppose.

Meanwhile, back at Broken Oar Grotto....

I managed to sneak around and kill all but two of the gang without being seen and while I left Lydia to take care of those two I was chasing the leader round in circles beneath the murky waters. I stopped to loot a few chests along the way so ended up losing him but when I found him he was stuck between a boat and some steps leading into the water. Me and Lydia just stood their taking our time firing arrows into the top of his scumbag head until he died. That episode took me over an hour. I really am on a go slow mission in this game but I love being the sneaky assassin type. :ph34r:

are you kidding me?! the opening sequence is enough to call it quits?!?

*facepalm*

you play games like a 5 year old... you barely even got you're feet wet... hell, you took your shoes off, but not the socks... and didn't even touch the sand for fear of sand in your shoes... come on man, your missing out on a FREE epic journey through a town that fears you, but needs you... unless you play as a dick of course... you still have that option :D...

i know i am off topic but come on, it's the same group of peeps that will comment... they'll have this topic back on topic in no time... shame on you though, marney... just about every PS3 owner here would tell you that you're making a mistake by not playing infamous...

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

are you kidding me?! the opening sequence is enough to call it quits?!?

*facepalm*

you play games like a 5 year old... you barely even got you're feet wet... hell, you took your shoes off, but not the socks... and didn't even touch the sand for fear of sand in your shoes... come on man, your missing out on a FREE epic journey through a town that fears you, but needs you... unless you play as a dick of course... you still have that option :D...

i know i am off topic but come on, it's the same group of peeps that will comment... they'll have this topic back on topic in no time... shame on you though, marney... just about every PS3 owner here would tell you that you're making a mistake by not playing infamous...

Sorry but I'm very very picky when it comes to games, the smallest irritating things can put me off. Not much more I can say about it really.

And fuck you for waiting until Santa leaves Skyrim under the tree, shame on YOU! :P

Guest Marney1

fuck you for not wanting a FREE game, you deleted a FREE infamous... forgive me for waiting on my FREE copy of skyrim on christmas...

just sayin', bro...

Fus Ro Dar's bOnEs off a cliff. :D

Loving the medievil feel of the game (Skyrim) especially Solitude.

d04ab623b5b6fc15c88dc5d31c7ac624b11b164f.jpg__620x348_q85.jpg

It reminds me of walking round castles like Conwy Castle in Wales...

conwy-castle.jpg

...and Rochester castle in erm, Rochester. Not that there's much castle left to see in Rochester but you can imagine what it must have been like in its day. Whenever I'm in Kent I always make the effort to visit the place.

14047241.jpg

Guest Marney1

Just purchased my first house, the one in Whiterun. No wonder it was cheap what a shit hole, cobwebs and a bit of hay. I just dropped a load of books and stuff on the floor upstairs so the place looks extra trampy now.

What's the deal with the spare room in my house can I rent it out or has a squatter moved in?

If you fire Lydia, she'll live there until you come back to pick her up again. And furniture and decorations are purchased separately. The idea of buying a furnished home is an alien concept in Tamriel.

Guest Marney1

If you fire Lydia, she'll live there until you come back to pick her up again. And furniture and decorations are purchased separately. The idea of buying a furnished home is an alien concept in Tamriel.

I bought some stuff but accidently let rip with a shout so you can imagine what the place looks like now. Having a really tough and tedious time trying to rotate items to put on shelves etc. Anyone?

Decided to wind Lydia up by telling her to sit in a chair while I fired arrows into her eyes, didn't take long before she got her own back by hacking me to death in my own house. Was only playing with you bitch.

Edited by Marney1

For those of you that have only just really got into Skyrim (Vicey, Marney, Merc), If you haven't already, do the Azura side quest and get the Azura's Star. Once you get it working, you can use it like a soul gem over and over without it breaking. This will help you out with enchanting your weapons and armours with grand souls if combined with a soul trap enchantment on your weapon.

Guest Marney1

For those of you that have only just really got into Skyrim (Vicey, Marney, Merc), If you haven't already, do the Azura side quest and get the Azura's Star. Once you get it working, you can use it like a soul gem over and over without it breaking. This will help you out with enchanting your weapons and armours with grand souls if combined with a soul trap enchantment on your weapon.

Cheers DuP' I'll have a look into that, it might be in my humungous list of quests I've acquired and I think it's time I tried learning what these soul gem's and things are for.

Still can't figure out how to rotate items so I can plonk them down around my house, I'm having to bash things like cups and pots against furniture to get them upright. Just had the missus have a try seeing as she plays a lot of The Sims but she had no luck either, apparently in The Sims you just move things about. Why didn't Bethesda just make it simple? My house is a pure shit tip and I'd be embarrassed if I ever have to call a plumber round.

Hang on, where's my toilet?

I bought some stuff but accidently let rip with a shout so you can imagine what the place looks like now.

I did that to the big table in the the Companions' hideout in Whiterun. The cleaner told me off for making a mess :( Silly bitch hasn't picked any of it up yet though.

Also Dup, Black Star > Azura's Star.

For the skyrim newbies:

Get the Black Star

• Very useful daedric artifact for enchanting

Do the quest in Frostflow Lighthouse for (Healing Spells Cure 10% More)

• Passive effect, meaning it's always on

Pick a Guardian Stone

• Passive but you can only have one stone active at a time

Gain a Blessing

• Temporary passive effect, you must renew every 8 hours and you can only have one at a time

Give a coin to a bigger (Gift of Charity)

• +10 speechcraft for 1 hour, useful if you're about to go on a big spending/selling spree

Hope that helps, that's all I could think of but i'm sure there are loads of other blessings and useful things. Reading up on your daedric artifacts could also help you get some cool stuff.

Guest Marney1

I bought a new follower, he was 500 but totally worth it, i just stand there and he kills them.

I did a quest for some dark fella in Solitude and when I asked him to follow me he said "It appears you already have a follower" and walked off. I went back to Whiterun and told Lydia to piss off then went back. Can't find him now, he was really hot too. :(

Lol thats shit, now u lost lydia 2. They guy i bought was in a bar, i cant remember where, i found him when i was settling a debt with saphire. He is a magic apprentice.

Makes me laugh u said he was hot, i wanted to get married tho, i have the amulet of Mara but cant find anyone to marry, i need a house 2 but only got 1 and half grand, u need 5 :(

Guest Marney1

Lol thats shit, now u lost lydia 2. They guy i bought was in a bar, i cant remember where, i found him when i was settling a debt with saphire. He is a magic apprentice.

Makes me laugh u said he was hot, i wanted to get married tho, i have the amulet of Mara but cant find anyone to marry, i need a house 2 but only got 1 and half grand, u need 5 :(

Picking men up in bars? Nothing new for you there then. :P

So we can actually get married? I thought that was some kind of joke or role play thing. If we can then I'm going to keep my eye out for one with small feet.