If the grandpa Ned is our protagonist, he wont do any "parkour" , stunts or anything that will raise his adrenaline, I mean, we don't want our protagonist to die from a heart attack.

After all the screenshots released seem to have a similar character- of which I'm convinced is the hispanic from the trailer - I decided to rewatch the trailer. During the viewing, I had it in my head that the hispanic is the protagonist and all his shots made more sense that way. I don't really play into this multiple protagonist idea, and I think that a hispanic in southern california would make sense, given the area, and this man has shown himself in both the screenshots and the trailer.

If the grandpa Ned is our protagonist, he wont do any "parkour" , stunts or anything that will raise his adrenaline, I mean, we don't want our protagonist to die from a heart attack.

"sorry cant kick this door down, arthritis in the knees"

The old guy delivers you missions. He is your boss in later half of the game. My money is on Ernesto Lopez, the brother of Luis. It all makes perfect sense.

I don't think the older guy, this Ned Luke will be the protaganist. More than likely he will be involved as a supporting character.

I would rather have a younger protaganist like a latino gang member or something. Someone who is lighter on their feet, and more responsive in a firefight.

Although the tagline with the Trailer is "The pursuit of the Almighty Dollar", so maybe Rockstar is trying a different approach. Maybe something unexpected and original with a more Mature Main Protaganist.

The guy in the trailer could even be reminiscing about when he was younger. With the events in the game taking place when he was a younger man, working his way up to become what he is in the trailer.

Maybe there will be time differences in the game where the cityscape changes over time, as you follow this guy's journey to the top of the Criminal Ladder.

I don't think the older guy, this Ned Luke will be the protaganist. More than likely he will be involved as a supporting character.

I would rather have a younger protaganist like a latino gang member or something. Someone who is lighter on their feet, and more responsive in a firefight.

Although the tagline with the Trailer is "The pursuit of the Almighty Dollar", so maybe Rockstar is trying a different approach. Maybe something unexpected and original with a more Mature Main Protaganist.

The guy in the trailer could even be reminiscing about when he was younger. With the events in the game taking place when he was a younger man, working his way up to become what he is in the trailer.

Maybe there will be time differences in the game where the cityscape changes over time, as you follow this guy's journey to the top of the Criminal Ladder.

They would choose a younger character, otherwise there is no point showing us a gym near the beach. I don't won't my guy to die from bench lifting.

GTA protagonists have never been light on their feet. Take what Ezio Auditore or Nathan Drake can do climbing buildings and cliffs, then look at Niko Bellic going down some stairs. You guys make it sound like the guy in the trailer is 90, but he's not. He looks like the main character to me.

• Like 1

Like many stories, there will always be a main character and supporting characters. Even if it's split into chapters based around a certain protagnist, there will always be one that seems to play the most important role. R* have more than likely decided to give us the role of the supporting characters to play as also. In GTA IV DLC's you played as supporting characters in the IV plot.

Watching the trailer, it's clear that the narrator is the main character, and the other guys seen are supporting characters we may get to play as...

I don't see any problems playing as a white middle aged american guy... or an Hispanic guy, or a black guy. They're characters, which will have characteristics and stories to tell. It's not like they're real people leading boring American normal lives.

• Like 1

Just because it's there doesn't mean you can use it. There are people doing yoga in the trailer, does that mean you can do yoga in the game?

They didn't show yoga I think . Anyway they would use a gym, it was a success for San Andre. And If I am playing as an old guy I hope it is like a badass Liam Neeson.

i really hope they dont make money a storyline issue. that was a HUGE mistake in GTA IV. by half way through the story i have at least half a million yet Niko is still complaining about how badly he needs cash.

• Like 1

i really hope they dont make money a storyline issue. that was a HUGE mistake in GTA IV. by half way through the story i have at least half a million yet Niko is still complaining about how badly he needs cash.

Money was not a major part of the storyline in GTA lV.

Even though you ended up making a relatively large amount of money by the end of the game, you couldn't really spend it on anything. Making the whole process of doing missions for people and making money an exercise in futility.

Hopefully in this game you have a few more things you can spend your cash on ( other than pay n sprays and hotdogs ).

I'm positive the narrator in the trailer is the Ned Luke guy. The voice just matches the face. However, as I've previously stated, Rockstar has released trailers with NPC's narrating them.

The fact that the "hispanic" character in the newest screenshots resembles a character in the trailer, and the fact that some of the screenshots appear to be gameplay footage, leads me to believe he is the protagonist.

I do not think that the Ned Luke character is looking back on his younger days because it is a modern day re-imagined southern California.

i bet whomever the protagonist is he will die on the last mission and we will play the other guy

Probably not, that idea has already been used up and would just make the story completely shit.

• Like 1

Hi fans,

I think there are two protagonist. As we see in the debutant trailer, there is one white and black guy.The white guy is the boss and he will be doing big n main missions where as the black guy is for other missions and he is in control of the white guy (BOSS)

That is some lovely insight. Im impressed, did you think those thoughts up all by yourself? White guy the boss of a black guy?! Whoda thunk it!

I dont think weve seen the protagonist. I think hes going to be a dirty beat cop. I got connections...

• Like 1

I just believe the protag is the 'latino' driving the white van. Who else drives you around for missions? no-one but the protag.

I dont think weve seen the protagonist. I think hes going to be a dirty beat cop. I got connections...

Like Alonzo Harris in Training Day ( Great Movie ). Not a beat cop but a CRASH anti-gang cop or an undercover NARC.

Beat cop was covered in LA Noire and wouldn't give you the freedom that being a Corrupt Detective would.

Haha Haha :lol: LOL Cant Stop Laughing

But even I don't want to see NED as protagonist. But if it is so, then he surely will die of a Heart Attack :french: as you said...

Like Alonzo Harris in Training Day ( Great Movie ). Not a beat cop but a CRASH anti-gang cop or an undercover NARC.

Beat cop was covered in LA Noire and wouldn't give you the freedom that being a Corrupt Detective would.

I want him to be low on the totem pole.. a vulnerable newb.

What if he is like Liam Neeson, would that change your mind.