I dont think weve seen the protagonist. I think hes going to be a dirty beat cop. I got connections...

Like Alonzo Harris in Training Day ( Great Movie ). Not a beat cop but a CRASH anti-gang cop or an undercover NARC.

Beat cop was covered in LA Noire and wouldn't give you the freedom that being a Corrupt Detective would.

I want him to be low on the totem pole.. a vulnerable newb.

Ohhh! I get it.

So he starts from the bottom and works his way up to gain more power and influence. Sounds good to me.

If the grandpa Ned is our protagonist, he wont do any "parkour" , stunts or anything that will raise his adrenaline, I mean, we don't want our protagonist to die from a heart attack.

What if he is like Liam Neeson, would that change your mind.

Probably yes, I would think...

But still young protagonist will suit more to GTA theme, IMO :whistle:

I hope that there will be not 1 but at least 3 characters to chose from. I also dream of making my own character with great details. Maybe like in this game All Points Bulletin which have most advanced character editor that I have seen in games.

I think that there will be playable 3 characters from trailer. Latino guy, black guy and this older guy. Also I think that they will have different storylines that will cross each other like in gta 4 EFLC.

I don't want to make the character look like me or to have a charcter creation editor of anything.

Also it would probably take too much power, and there would have to be graphical sacrifices made on the same scale as Saints Row ( and I don't want this ).

Whatever character's they create, just make sure they let me customize their clothes, hair, tatoos, facial hair, piercings, weight and I'll be more than happy.

Imagine that same customization from San Andreas with new Character(s), and great graphics in a new game world. There are so many possibilities. I hope Rockstar doesn't get lazy and just concentrate on the game world and story, at the expense of any customization.

If this is truly going to be their most ambitous GTA game to date it would have to surpass San Andreas. And it can't do that without at least an equal amount of customization compared to San Andreas. Otherwise it will only be a better looking game with a stronger story. But won't be on the same level San Andreas was when it first came out.

I don't want to make the character look like me or to have a charcter creation editor of anything.

Also it would probably take too much power, and there would have to be graphical sacrifices made on the same scale as Saints Row ( and I don't want this ).

Whatever character's they create, just make sure they let me customize their clothes, hair, tatoos, facial hair, piercings, weight and I'll be more than happy.

Imagine that same customization from San Andreas with new Character(s), and great graphics in a new game world. There are so many possibilities. I hope Rockstar doesn't get lazy and just concentrate on the game world and story, at the expense of any customization.

If this is truly going to be their most ambitous GTA game to date it would have to surpass San Andreas. And it can't do that without at least an equal amount of customization compared to San Andreas. Otherwise it will only be a better looking game with a stronger story. But won't be on the same level San Andreas was when it first came out.

HAHAHA graphic sacrifice just because in game player can customize his looks? Are you crazy? I dont want to waste time to discuss this and explain how wrong you are on this. Just go to game that I mentioned and see if they made any sacrifice in graphic! It looks way better than GTA4 so what the hell you are talking about. U got no knowledge about games at all. Otherwise you would not write such c....p! Customizations would eat up only disc space but no graphic! Kid just go watch APB character customization and gameplay before you talk such nonsense and make confusion to others that think like you. And watch some movies about newest game/graphic engines. If all would think like you then games now would look like those from 2002 !

You also think only for yourself ! If you dont like character customization then just dont use it! Ppl like you would chose character made by R* and there would be no problem! But you with your silly statements would block option for character customization just because you got no knowledge about games you just play them as most casual players. U dont like something then dont use it but stop stating that you dont want this in game. It is not your game so ..... Other players can give their suggestions as much they want and people that say that they dont want them are just worthless. If you got in game all you want then be happy and dont block other ppl ideas just because you dont need them. U are so selfish .....! I hate people like you... Dont be like that. Let other people have their dreams. Im sorry that I was to harsh on your statement but it is little silly. I understand that you dont want to make your own character, OK but I love to create my own character. It would be best that in games they are already created characters and option for making character. All people would be happy not only you. Look at mass effect they did only one character and his story but player can customize him anyway and that is great. Graphic didnt hurt at all from this. So what is the point in not making character customization.

Anyway I hope you will change your mind on this. :)

Cheers.

Liam Neeson is indeed a badass, but personally I think someone of that age wouldn't fit very well into GTA, no matter how badass they are.

Indeed. Young protagonists like Louis Lopez, Johny would perfectly suite the GTA theme. :yes:

HAHAHA graphic sacrifice just because in game player can customize his looks? Are you crazy? I dont want to waste time to discuss this and explain how wrong you are on this. Just go to game that I mentioned and see if they made any sacrifice in graphic! It looks way better than GTA4 so what the hell you are talking about. U got no knowledge about games at all. Otherwise you would not write such c....p! Customizations would eat up only disc space but no graphic! Kid just go watch APB character customization and gameplay before you talk such nonsense and make confusion to others that think like you. And watch some movies about newest game/graphic engines. If all would think like you then games now would look like those from 2002 !

You also think only for yourself ! If you dont like character customization then just dont use it! Ppl like you would chose character made by R* and there would be no problem! But you with your silly statements would block option for character customization just because you got no knowledge about games you just play them as most casual players. U dont like something then dont use it but stop stating that you dont want this in game. It is not your game so ..... Other players can give their suggestions as much they want and people that say that they dont want them are just worthless. If you got in game all you want then be happy and dont block other ppl ideas just because you dont need them. U are so selfish .....! I hate people like you... Dont be like that. Let other people have their dreams. Im sorry that I was to harsh on your statement but it is little silly. I understand that you dont want to make your own character, OK but I love to create my own character. It would be best that in games they are already created characters and option for making character. All people would be happy not only you. Look at mass effect they did only one character and his story but player can customize him anyway and that is great. Graphic didnt hurt at all from this. So what is the point in not making character customization.

Anyway I hope you will change your mind on this. :)

Cheers.

Kid, first off Mass Effect was not an open world game like GTA.

Second I have not seen an open world game where there was in-depth character customization combined with good-looking Nex-Gen Graphics ( please name one? ). And I don't mean PC only games, I mean cross platform games ( because PC's are light years ahead of consoles in terms of power ).

Also I never pretended to be an expert on game design ( because I honestly don't know much at all on the matter ), but I have not seen anything like what you're talking about on the market yet. In the future anything is possible but.

Don't assume I wouldn't like to see a character creation editor at all, because I said I wouldn't like it if graphical sacrifices had to be made ( just so I could change the width of my nose ). But if no sacrifices had to be made in the rest of the game, I would be happy for you to have as many crazy in-depth character creation tools as you like :D

• Like 1

It would be shit if they repeated a same character as the protagonist, from the GTA they released.

Exactly. Why do some people want a protagonist from past GTA characters, I just don't understand. Because we have played as them before & as this game is new, story is different therefore the protagonist must be someone else who didn't appear previously.

The previous characters may reappear as friends or in supporting role, but not as main protagonist...IMO.

Good. So if developers will not be lazy %#!@#$ and want to satisfy all players and want to make game of the year then they must consider many options. Character customization is only good will of developers and it cost nothing in terms of performance. I saw many games that was very complicated and had character customization. U want examples?! No problemo kido :D TES Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Nev Vegas, Skyrim. Stose are very complicated games in terms of open world. Player can make it even more complicated even to insane amount. Go see how many mods there are for those games. I know what Im talking about because I played them using many mods that made it even more complicated. Those games are the best example. If your saying that game cant have open world with complicated gameplay and character customization then you never played those games. But if you played then I completely dont understand your statement that character customization can/or may have impact on game graphic. You must over think your statement m8

O.K. Kiddo. Do the following steps and you might start to understand where i'm coming from.

Step 1 ~ Go out and buy two T.V's ( same models ) and all the games you just mentioned ( ie Fallout 3/ New Vegas/ Elder Scrolls Games ). Buy them for either the PS3 or Xbox ( not PC ) and then buy a copy of GTA lV.

Step 2 ~ O.K now your ready to compare these open world titles against one another. Put GTA lV into the console of your choice, on the first TV.

Step 3 ~ Go and have a smoke, and reflect about the choices you have made in your life, and ask yourself am I happy?

Step 4 ~ Put the games you mentioned ( one after the other ) into the console hooked up to your second T.V.

Step 5 ~ Compare the graphics in each game, checking the character models and environments.

Step 6 ~ Slap yourself

Even the old GTA lV ( which came out in 2008 ), has better graphics than The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim ( which came out in 2011 ). So I would say there is definitely an impact on the graphics in the games you mentioned. Just take a look for yourself.

Also in the Bethesda/ Oblivian games you mentioned, after about a hundred hours in I usually experience severe lag and very long loading times. This is probably due to all the memory that has stacked up after time.

And these games also have a vast amount of glitches which never get patched ( they always make sure to patch the exploitable ones though ). These games like Skyrim are not coded for consoles ( especially the PS3 ) and would cater better to a PC's processing power and other enhancements ( Graphics Card/ More Hardrive Space ). And that makes me wonder are you a " PC Only " Gamer?

Because otherwise you would know the limitations cross-platform games have ( in relation to gameplay features and not just graphics ).

Although I love the games you mentioned, the engine(s) those games run on are very different to the one Rockstar is using for GTA V.

So this game with extreme character creation tools, aswell as perfect crystal clear nex-gen graphics, which you think CAN and WILL be made on current hardware ( even with it's limitations ) will almost definately not be made by Rockstar. At least not NOW or in the NEAR FUTURE ( they might re-design a completely new and revolutionary game engine for the nex-gen consoles but ).

I think you should lower your expectations until the next generation of consoles comes out. Because even as powerfull as PC's are they need to wait for cross-platform games ( like the GTA's ). And the improvements in hardware these new consoles will have will produce more options in terms of what developer's can create and any new features they can implement into cross-platform games ( like character creation tools without making sacrifices in other areas of the game ).

In a perfect world there would be none of these constraints. And then you could have all the eyebrows of any shape and size your little heart desires.

Good. So if developers will not be lazy %#!@#$ and want to satisfy all players and want to make game of the year then they must consider many options. Character customization is only good will of developers and it cost nothing in terms of performance. I saw many games that was very complicated and had character customization. U want examples?! No problemo kido :D TES Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Nev Vegas, Skyrim. Stose are very complicated games in terms of open world. Player can make it even more complicated even to insane amount. Go see how many mods there are for those games. I know what Im talking about because I played them using many mods that made it even more complicated. Those games are the best example. If your saying that game cant have open world with complicated gameplay and character customization then you never played those games. But if you played then I completely dont understand your statement that character customization can/or may have impact on game graphic. You must over think your statement m8

• Like 1

That is way too much shit to quote and delete while I'm on my phone, but GTA IV's graphics can't hold a candle to Skyrim's. From what I've seen, GTA V barely comes close.

Skyrim will more than likely be the best-looking open world game of this console generation, unless Bethesda surprises us with Fallout 4.

That is way too much shit to quote and delete while I'm on my phone, but GTA IV's graphics can't hold a candle to Skyrim's. From what I've seen, GTA V barely comes close.

Skyrim will more than likely be the best-looking open world game of this console generation, unless Bethesda surprises us with Fallout 4.

Are you sure about that Massacre. I mean I know it looks good on PC but on my PS3 when you actually look at things upclose it's pretty average.

I think you need to take Skyrim's landscape as a whole rather than inspecting it upclose. And Skyrim is by no means the best-looking open world game to date. Even though I was pretty awed when I started exploring the land for the first time, after awhile and on closer inspection everything is pretty basic and bland ( and not very detailed with choppy textures ). This is almost definitely different for the PC because it has advanced graphics options and effects.

Oh and even though Fallout 3 and New Vegas are great games. Both have very bland/ brown and generic environments that are very simply detailed aswell.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about this bullshit, because I couldn't give a fuck about graphics. Gameplay is 10,000 times more important!!!

Are you sure about that Massacre. I mean I know it looks good on PC but on my PS3 when you actually look at things upclose it's preetty average.

I think you need to take Skyrim's landscape as a whole rather than inspecting it upclose. And Skyrim is by no means the best-looking open world game to date. Even though I was pretty awed when I started exploring the land for the first time, but after awhile and on closer inspection everything is pretty basic and bland ( and not very detailed with choppy textures ). This is almost definitely different for the PC because it has advanced graphics options and effects.

Oh and even though Fallout 3 and New Vegas are great games. Both have very bland/ brown and generic environments that are very simply detailed aswell.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about this bullshit, because I couldn't give a fuck about graphics. Gameplay is 10,000 times more important!!!

How about you get perfect story with good graphics in V....

Are you sure about that Massacre. I mean I know it looks good on PC but on my PS3 when you actually look at things upclose it's preetty average.

I think you need to take Skyrim's landscape as a whole rather than inspecting it upclose. And Skyrim is by no means the best-looking open world game to date. Even though I was pretty awed when I started exploring the land for the first time, but after awhile and on closer inspection everything is pretty basic and bland ( and not very detailed with choppy textures ). This is almost definitely different for the PC because it has advanced graphics options and effects.

There's no doubt it will have "good" graphics. However, what he's saying is he doesn't want them to spend less time on the gameplay aspect just so the graphics look better than any game out there (which they won't, due to the limitations on consoles)

There's no doubt it will have "good" graphics. However, what he's saying is he doesn't want them to spend less time on the gameplay aspect just so the graphics look better than any game out there (which they won't, due to the limitations on consoles)

I'm pretty sure I've read this argument a million times on this forum.

Any theories on how (if the theory of multiple protagonists is correct) Rockstar will implement the characters into the game?

Do you think you'll select a character to play as at the title screen (ala EFLC), then play their portions of the story, dynamically affecting the game for the other characters as you play.

Or do you think you'll jump back and forth between characters (ala Max Payne 2, and other Rockstar games that I don't want to spoil) throughout the story. I personally think that this would be messy in an open world GTA game.

OR do you think that you'll be able to have an overarching protagonist, but with supporting playable characters (ala Scarface:TWIY) that you can choose at will to fulfil certain jobs in a large criminal empire. In Scarface, Tony Montana was the main story character, but you had the option to hire other playable characters to do menial tasks that wouldn't be appropriate for Tony to do himself, but they would still make money for Tony in the long run. So essentially, if you needed to take out an enemy gang or steal a car, you could send in a playable thug to do it, and you wouldn't risk loosing money or respect if it went bad.

I personally think that the last option would work the best in GTA if the theory on multiple protagonists was true. Just imagine, your main character is the older Italian man, but he just runs the empire. He takes care of the big important work, but say he needs to get some menial task done or a task with high risk, such as killing gang members, stealing/robbing or even being hired muscle: he could simply whip out his phone, select the desired character in the contacts, call him up and say "Hey, I need you to do this." Then WHOOSH, we're playing as that contact.

And to add extra fun, each contact has their own safehouses and wardrobe, so you can customise each one as you see fit, or run around in free-roam as them. Why not? I'm getting so excited about this idea now, that I think I'll be upset if it's not in GTAV!

What do you think?

Any theories on how (if the theory of multiple protagonists is correct) Rockstar will implement the characters into the game?

Do you think you'll select a character to play as at the title screen (ala EFLC), then play their portions of the story, dynamically affecting the game for the other characters as you play.

Or do you think you'll jump back and forth between characters (ala Max Payne 2, and other Rockstar games that I don't want to spoil) throughout the story. I personally think that this would be messy in an open world GTA game.

OR do you think that you'll be able to have an overarching protagonist, but with supporting playable characters (ala Scarface:TWIY) that you can choose at will to fulfil certain jobs in a large criminal empire. In Scarface, Tony Montana was the main story character, but you had the option to hire other playable characters to do menial tasks that wouldn't be appropriate for Tony to do himself, but they would still make money for Tony in the long run. So essentially, if you needed to take out an enemy gang or steal a car, you could send in a playable thug to do it, and you wouldn't risk loosing money or respect if it went bad.

I personally think that the last option would work the best in GTA if the theory on multiple protagonists was true. Just imagine, your main character is the older Italian man, but he just runs the empire. He takes care of the big important work, but say he needs to get some menial task done or a task with high risk, such as killing gang members, stealing/robbing or even being hired muscle: he could simply whip out his phone, select the desired character in the contacts, call him up and say "Hey, I need you to do this." Then WHOOSH, we're playing as that contact.

And to add extra fun, each contact has their own safehouses and wardrobe, so you can customise each one as you see fit, or run around in free-roam as them. Why not? I'm getting so excited about this idea now, that I think I'll be upset if it's not in GTAV!

What do you think?

Great Ideas! I loved Scarface: The World is Yours on the PS2. It was one of the best movie tie-in games I have ever played.

Rockstar doesn't usually like to copy ideas from other games, they are usually the one's that get copied. But Scarface had plenty of GREAT original ideas which I think would work really well if incorporated into GTA V.

Other's probably won't agree, because god help you if you compare GTA with another game. Or don't come up with a virginal and completely original idea, without them saying 'you want a remake of San Andreas do you?' :wall:

Come on guy's how many good and completely original ideas have you got that have not been seen in ANY game up to this point. Name a couple please :bird:

• Like 1

If you watch the first trailer you can hear the voice of someone.

Its the voice of an young person.

My suspects:

-Guy in red car

-Guy that is hiking

(there are three man hiking and I mean the guy in the center of the two other people)

Fact 1:

The voice is more of an young american.

No hispanc or african!!! It also doesn't sound like an black person.

The guy in the red car is kinda hispanic,african,black.

Fact 2:

The voice REALLY DOESN'T sound like an 50 years old guy (blue car).

The voice of the trailer really sounds like the main character.

Fact 3:

The guy thats hiking does look like he is on an free day

The guy in the trailer said he wanted to retire from what he was doing (criminal bussines). The hiker looks like he's on a holliday.

Fact 4:

The hiker is an young american and the voice of the trailer really sound like the hiking man.

------------------------------------

CJ And his family had a black voice.

The voice of the guy in the trailer doesn't sound black (no racist meanins)

------------------------------------

The voice of the trailer doesn't sound like an hispanic african guy either.

The guy thats hiking just fits perfectly with the voice!!!

Main character:

Guy thats hiking in the mountains.

This is just my research and no leakage or something!

Those other two charecters could be DLC or his family/friends

Like sanandreas:

(sweet, ryder, big smoke, cesar vialpando)

Those characters were important in the game too.

This could be in gta v also