Now what? Who is going to play GTA5 in ps3 with ps4 in November? My little message to some moderators... GROW UP!!!

Class A retard.

Well, i mean.. I was considering it, especially with watchdogs... But ps4 was underwelming? I mean, it has some cool features, but i kinda feel like they could have done the same things with the ps3 with a new controller and firmware upgrade.

A Firmware Update and a new Controller, and the PS3 is a Next Gen Console?

What drugs are you on?

I want whatever you're smoking, because that's the most crazy shit I've heard for a while. :whistle:

So GTA V releases roughly 2-3 months before the PS4. Although the game is pretty much confirmed for current gen consoles, what if they port it to PS4 and update the graphics and etc..

Will PS4 be backwards compatible? I really don't want to buy it for PS3, then about 6 months later buy it again for PS4 just for the updated graphics. And by backwards compatible I also mean Playstation Sony Entertainment Network.

Sony already confirmed that the PS4 will have backwards compatability. Whether this is both Digital Download and Blu-Ray Disk, or just Digital Download remains to be seen.

Sony, at the conference yesterday talked about purchasing a game once and owning it forever. Meaning all future versions of Sony's consoles ( including the PS4 ) will allow you to play that particular game. And I think they said that this will be incorporated into their Online Network in some way.

All in all I'm very impressed with the PS4's specs. Which show alot of power, but at the same time ( because it's design is more like a PC's ) it's much easier to program for than the PS3 was ( making it very 'Developer Friendly', unlike it's predecessor ). And it's Cloud Streaming which allows instantaneous downloads and access to any game in their database ( without the need for a download ). And background loading, so that navigation of the system's menus is fast and smooth, and exiting games and applications is instantaneous ( instead of taking seconds or sometimes even minutes ).

I can't wait too see what else Sony has up their sleeve for the PS4. And I think Microsoft should definitely be worried, because at this point I don't see how they can match Sony's new system. Let alone surpass it's capabilities. :D

aaaadualshock22-610x340.png

i don't get why they have those stupid black circles round the buttons. they stand out too much

i need those... too often when gaming does my thumb start to slip off the control stick... hopefully those grooves help keep my thumb in there better...

no not those i meant those glossy circles around the d-pad

the games look a bit better than the current ps3 ones, but not by far, but in 2 two years think about how great they will look

actually sony confirmed there won't be any backwards compatibility from disc based source.

Who was that in response to?

This just in:

The PlayStation 4 supports 4K resolution output, Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida just told us – but only for video that was recorded in the format. He clarified that games do not play in 4K.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/ps4-will-output-video-in-4k-but-not-games/

Looking at all the demos for these games, they lookscary good. I can only imagine how some games will look once these great developers are 3 or 4 years deep within the console's lifecycle, and are more familiar with the tech. Just damn.......

actually sony confirmed there won't be any backwards compatibility from disc based source.

Who was that in response to?

This just in:

The PlayStation 4 supports 4K resolution output, Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida just told us – but only for video that was recorded in the format. He clarified that games do not play in 4K.

http://www.joystiq.c...-but-not-games/

blacksox9

No backwards disc compatibility? How the fuck will that work for GTA, does that mean Rockstar will develop a game for PS3 and then release another a few months later for PS4? Or one for PS3 that installs on you PSN, and then is accessible via that method on the PS4 (assuming it uses the same PSN).

icon11.gif

lul, british people are funniE

Missed a lot. Didnt find a place to watch the event again...not live. but like, not fucking lagging cause its live. that did me well enough

Woo, ps4

embedding not working....

Edited by Massacre
Derpity-derp-derp-derp
  • Like 3

ps4-games-preview-1361410501.jpg

R* appeared on the board of third party developers currently working on PS4 titles...

R* is almost certainly Agent, so, meh. Bethesda is all I care about on the list, since Ubisoft is Watch_Dogs and Volition is nowhere to be found.

Saints Row 4 is almost certainly within the next year or so if it's not being developed for PS4. Bethesda... well, I expected Fallout 4 to be next-gen, anyway. Probably going to have to do some PC upgrades for that one.

As for the PS4 itself, I may pick it up once Watch_Dogs and Infamous are both out, provided the price is right. If not, well, I can certainly wait.

Looks like no backwards compatability after all. The only way you can play Legacy Content ( PS1/ PS2/ PS3 Games ) is by emulation ( Purchased for the PS4 ) or Cloud Services ( from Gaikai ).

Here's the Article ~ http://www.ign.com/a...r-digital-games

That's O.K. It just looks like I'll be keeping my PS3 for a few more years. As well as having the PS4 for all the new content that will be coming out.

Sony, at the conference yesterday talked about purchasing a game once and owning it forever. Meaning all future versions of Sony's consoles ( including the PS4 ) will allow you to play that particular game. And I think they said that this will be incorporated into their Online Network in some way.

That also puts strength to the rumour they are trying to kill the second hand game market.

That also puts strength to the rumour they are trying to kill the second hand game market.

No they won't. At least not for a while.

Read this article where Sony states the PS4 won't block Second Hand games. ~ http://www.ign.com/a...lock-used-games

And also at the end of this article Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony's Worldwide Studios reaffirmed that Sony would not block Second Hand games ~ http://www.ign.com/a...r-digital-games

The buy-a-game-once and own it forever proposition is a great idea to me. It's basically a Win/Win for any hardcore gamer. The only negative is you won't be able to sell your PS3 second hand games 5 to 7 years from now. But PS4 games won't matter because you will have a permanent version of them, that can be used for the PS4 as well as future versions of Playstation Systems . And if you usually buy cheap second hand games and want a different source, there are plenty of Online options better than your 'Full Priced Game' retail store options.

I think the positive outweighs the negative in this situation, because you will never have to repurchase a game for a Playstation System again, which will save you money in the long term.

............................................... ( Unless they pull this stunt again for the Playstation 5 ). :unsure:

ok, what the fuck is 4K and why isn't the PS4 using it for games?? i seem to be the only person lost on that, all the articles say 4K this and 4K that, never explaining what it is... are we all suppose to know what that is?? well, this guy doesn't...

ok, what the fuck is 4K and why isn't the PS4 using it for games?? i seem to be the only person lost on that, all the articles say 4K this and 4K that, never explaining what it is... are we all suppose to know what that is?? well, this guy doesn't...

It's talking about Ultra High Definition, the lastest TV technology that can have up too 4320p Resolution. Which is about 4 times better than the current standard for High Def TV's ( which are 1080p HD ).

The only thing is these TV's cost Ten's of Thousands of dollars. And a price cut that would be affordable for the majority of the consumer base, probably won't end up happening until the end of the decade.

Console Games would look as good as anything PC gaming has, if they harnessed what an Ultra HD TV could do. Here's the Wiki page for Ultra HD TV's ~ http://www.google.co...Js0aS1qU6IFZydg

Edit. The article's are talking about 4K TV's, but there is also an 8K version as well. Which has 16 times the pixels that normal HD TV's have today. This ends up bringing it closer to the detail level of 15/70mm Imax, which is a super clear and detailed picture.

http://en.wikipedia....i/4K_resolution

First result when you google "4k". -_-

i was talking about gaming articles... they just assumed we all knew what 4K was...

sounds cool though, i guess it's something to look forward to in 10 years, probably in time for the PS5...

Only problem with 4K in gaming is that all textures have to be made at 4x bigger than current PC textures to look crisp, and that's a real killer on GPU's. Current gen consoles use maximum 1024x1024 textures. PC games use 2048x2048 and for 1080p some games even use 4096x4096... So that means 4k games would need at least 8192x8192 to be as sharp and crisp as 1080p textures. Then you have 8k in development too... 16384x16384 pixels... Now that's some extreme texture sizes... The PS4 GPU wouldn't be able to keep up with that unless they use some really revolutionary tessellation and LOD software... They could make smaller object parts with smaller textures, and overall the whole scene will be crisp. But this is still GPU heavy.

Games can run at 4k already. But the textures aren't nearly as sharp as at 1080p.

So this is where camera/film has taken another leap ahead of gaming again, because it's easy to create 4k film... They'll have to think of another way to make games look good until graphic cards are capable of reaching 4k properly. Kind of reminds me of the 8 bit days all over again!

• Like 2