vEfv5oJ.jpg

QaVIUS3.jpg

t2xmrSr.jpg

F6RSMqS.jpg

Specs:

Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
Secondary chip used for downloads/uploads and streaming.
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based
graphics engine Memory
GDDR5 8GB
Hard Disk Drive
Built-in

Optical Drive
(read only)
BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV
I/O
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX
Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.

DualShock4:

New Features
- Share button: allows you to share/view game videos instantly through gaikai, as well as spectate and communicate on a friend's game. Share your videos on youtube/twitter/facebook and other popular networks
- Middle Touch pad: Will probably be intergrated into games, puzzle solving, fluid movements etc.
- Speaker & Headphone Jack: Communicate with friends at any time.
- Move light: Not just a light, but used as a player identifier, and an upgraded version of the PS move built in, with a complimentary new PS-eye, which more or less resembles Xbox 360's dual camera'd Kinect.
- Options Button: Probably the new 'Start & Select' button in one.

Release window:
Holidays 2013

And one of the other things people were worried about is the second hand market. Sony will still be supporting second hand/used games...
http://www.eurogamer...lock-used-games

Passing the controller around, playing GTA III is how I was raised, nigguh.

I miss couch co-op.

i was raised on Mario Kart & SoulCalibur but I feel you, niggah.

*skips the specs because he doesn't give a shit about that stuff*

*sees the controller stuff*

*skips over some random system specs blurb*

*controller rumors again*

:notworthy:

wow, if that were true about the controllers, that'd be the ultimate selling point for me... no longer will me and my friends have to be in separate places to play online... that's the mother fucking shit right there!!

• Like 1

The touchface controller seems like a weird thing. But as long as it feels like a physical controller in my hands, i don't mind a touch pad surface. After completing GTA3 and VC on my phone, i'm more open to change...

While the idea of storing the profile on the control is good, I feel it has a downside to it that might not be thought of. There's been a few times where my controller has downright died on me and would hate for this to happen to me if my profile was attached to my controller.

• Like 1

Also, the "log-in around a friends house via controller" thing also sort of backs up the "anti-used game" thing rumored by Sony. If you go around a friends house to play co-op, i reckon they're gonna want you to own the game too. That, and that high framerate, split-full-screen TV means you could basically be online at once together, and both/four people get the full PSN experience. < Just a calculated guess, but i imagine that's what they'll be pushing towards.

*drops and/or has controller stolen*

*loses all save data, friends list, and Trophies, not to mention payment information such as credit card number*

2l8u5ic.jpg

What're you, fuckin' shittin' me?

payment information such as credit card number

Do you really think they would store that on the controller? honky, please.

Just having your controller wouldn't be an automatic login. You'd still need your password and whatnot, and probably an additional security measure Sony would add, just for the occurrence you mentioned.

The guy who listed the durango on eBay and leaked the specs, his buddy posted these (or something similar) a few weeks ago, they just didn't get much prominence because he wasn't selling it this time. (He's also currently on the run aparantly

Dan ‏@superDaE Let the international man hunt begin, and the hit on those agents. ftp://redacted.com.au/redacted.zip Fuck you FBI, fuck you @FBIPressOffice

I doubt all your save data and info will be saves to the handset alone. Im sure it'll be like a caddy, and the real info will be saved on PSN Cloud.

I don't know what I'd rather have; my data on a fragile, easily concealable device...

or in a virtual atmosphere in the hands of a giant corporation... :mystery:

Do you really think they would store that on the controller? honky, please.

Just having your controller wouldn't be an automatic login. You'd still need your password and whatnot, and probably an additional security measure Sony would add, just for the occurrence you mentioned.

Forgive me, Massacre. I'm used to dealing with Microsoft and their products, whom I would expect to do something like that either out of haste or pure stupidity. Ignore my poor logic and irrationality.

"Accounts won't be "locked" to a controller; you'll simply be prompted to sign in to an account every time an extra pad is connected to the console." I didn't get user-specific controller limits from that.

Who's got a Vita? I've only fiddled with display models, but figured that its touchy-feely interface might become an element of next-gen controllers. If you have a Vita, weigh in...

So there's rumours that Sony are pushing for a 2013 release for the PS4. A change of tactics after a rocky start for the PS3 i believe. Only problem now is, knowing how M$ works, they'll catch the waft of the PS4 specs, and then make the "720" more powerful and release it a few months later. But will this work? Because that's exactly what Sony did with the PS3, and it didn't really pay off.

source

"Playstation 2013 event"

On a side not - Could the next-gen of consoles be a reason for the GTA V delay? Could it be possible that they're making GTA V available on the next gen consoles along side the PC version too? It would make sense, considering any console to be released in the near future probably still wont be as powerful a PC, and depending on the structure of the new-gen of consoles, the RAGE engine could quite easily be run on them.

Discuss.

On a side not - Could the next-gen of consoles be a reason for the GTA V delay? Could it be possible that they're making GTA V available on the next gen consoles along side the PC version too? It would make sense, considering any console to be released in the near future probably still wont be as powerful a PC, and depending on the structure of the new-gen of consoles, the RAGE engine could quite easily be run on them.

Discuss.

I thought about this and came to this conclusion earlier. I was talking to GunSmith about it. It makes sense to be because both of the news came out the same day