I legitimately believe that they based the controller on a back massager.

Can't wait to use it.

No need to worry about muscle aches and cramps in my back any longer!

30,000 poly characters. That's a decent bar to compete with :)

MKirjkL.jpg

rcY0P09.jpg

I don't see how that star is relevant to the end user experience.

Also, though I love the idea of streaming games.. I already stream movies and towards the end of every month... Buffering here we come as cox throttles down my connection...

Bandwidth is expensive and I can see this taking up large chunks....

Unless streaming meant from the disk?

Also on a watch dogs vs gta5 side note, I havnt seen anything from gta 5 that suggests it will be able to compete with watch dogs on a technical standpoint.

I think gtas main strength will be it's culture, satire, and atmosphere... Not its graphics or gameplay...

Also, I like how blizzard stated it was comming back to consoles by releasing a shitty port of a shitty game. Meh. Starcraft would have been more interesting.

Idk i always thought that gameplay was one of gta's main strengths, i looked at some videos of watch dogs on youtube and i can say that it does look amazing! but the gameplay wasn't as great. I'm sure they will fix it though.

ps4-games-preview-1361410501.jpg

R* appeared on the board of third party developers currently working on PS4 titles...

hmmm... fishy

MKirjkL.jpg

rcY0P09.jpg

Also, though I love the idea of streaming games.. I already stream movies and towards the end of every month... Buffering here we come as cox throttles down my connection...

Also on a watch dogs vs gta5 side note, I havnt seen anything from gta 5 that suggests it will be able to compete with watch dogs on a technical standpoint.

I think gtas main strength will be it's culture, satire, and atmosphere... Not its graphics or gameplay...

Also, I like how blizzard stated it was comming back to consoles by releasing a shitty port of a shitty game. Meh. Starcraft would have been more interesting.

Idk i always thought that gameplay was one of gta's main strengths, i looked at some videos of watch dogs on youtube and i can say that it does look amazing! but the gameplay wasn't as great. I'm sure they will fix it though.

R* appeared on the board of third party developers currently working on PS4 titles...

hmmm... fishy

How's that fishy? It's not it's common sense new console of course they're going to develop games for it.

MKirjkL.jpg

rcY0P09.jpg

hmmm... fishy

How's that fishy? It's not it's common sense new console of course they're going to develop games for it.

Im curious on what game they are developing..

Me neither, but there's no word out whatsoever about a new RDR. GTA VI is almost guaranteed, and Agent was meant to be PS3 exclusive but has been silent for years now, so it's probably coming to PS4.

Most likely Agent, and they probably have distant plans for GTA VI.

Yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing another RDR though for ps4

The amount of time needed to make a GTA game, i wouldn't be surprised if R* N became a 'GTA developer' only, and leave the other projects for other studios.

The amount of time needed to make a GTA game, i wouldn't be surprised if R* N became a 'GTA developer' only, and leave the other projects for other studios.

If they did do that, and had all the free time they wanted for GTA titles... Just imagine

If they did do that, and had all the free time they wanted for GTA titles... Just imagine

It would only be good if they continue with the same hard work and quality as they currently do. Making annual games like CoD or even Assassins Creed now would be a HUGE step back.

It would only be good if they continue with the same hard work and quality as they currently do. Making annual games like CoD or even Assassins Creed now would be a HUGE step back.

It wouldnt be an annual game.. i'm sure their would be a 2-4 year break in between each one.

dualshock4_zps6cd99dc5.jpg

mostly all console reveals go through the system hardware in detail.

Just realized this, where the hell are the start and select buttons? I guess they will be on the touch pad?

It wouldnt be an annual game.. i'm sure their would be a 2-4 year break in between each one.

Just realized this, where the hell are the start and select buttons? I guess they will be on the touch pad?

The left button it 'share', the right button is 'options'. I'm guessing Options is the new Start.

2013-02-21-ps4_controller.jpg

The left button it 'share', the right button is 'options'. I'm guessing Options is the new Start.

hmmm... maybe, maybe. The more i look at this controller, the sexier i think it is. :faplight:

hmmm... maybe, maybe. The more i look at this controller, the sexier i think it is. :faplight:

That looks fucking awesome.

That looks like a fake piece of shit excuse for a controller

And it still seems to be tiny as fuck, or that guy just has huge hands (probably the first one)

I think they're the same colour, they're just glossy instead of the matte surface of the rest of the controller.

Also:

Specs:

Main Processor

Single-chip custom processor

CPU : x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores

GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based

graphics engine Memory

GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive

Built-in

Optical Drive

(read only)

BD 6xCAV

DVD 8xCAV

I/O

Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)

IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output

HDMI

Analog-AV out

Digital Output (optical)

*Specifications are subject to change without notice.

And one of the other things people were worried about is the second hand market. Sony will still be supporting second hand/used games...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

So if that's the case. It shouldn't matter how you play the game as long as you're playing it, right? Would you look at a steering wheel and call it a gimmick while you play GT5? No? Then why would you look at a move controller (with the special little gun shaped case :D) as a gimmick while playing KZ3?

The steering wheel isn't a gimmick, because real cars use the same setup :P . Also the gay little controller for the Wii handles nothing like a real gun or sword.

And these movement controllers take away from proper control a normal controller or mouse/keyboard setup would give you.

Also I haven't seen a game where it's been implemented into a game well, so instead of inhancing the experience it ususally detracts from it.

I guess I should've capitalized "Move Controler", and since when is KILLZONE 3 a Nintendo game?

You're hatred towards Nintendo is messing with your brain, man. This has nothing to do with the Wii or Wii U.

You mentioned a move controller, so I immediately thought of the Nintendo controller that started off alot of this movement controller crap that the casual market is into. And that was what the Playstation Move was really based on, trying to replicate the movement controller success of the Wii. Which some how won the console war with it's sub-par graphics and gameplay.

Sony Dev's along with Game Dev's probably thought it was a stupid gimmick as well, and that's why there wasn't much support in the form of games for the Playstation Move. I'm willing to bet that they thought it was constraining and limiting their creativity when it came to making games, by having to incorporate these gimmicky movements into otherwise normative gameplay. The result of implementing this unnatural form of gameplay ( ie movement control ), which has much less precision than what a normal controller would provide ends up jarring gameplay, and ultimately takes you out of the experience.

Even the Casual Market who at first bought the Wii on-mass, stopped supporting it in the second half of it's life cycle. After they found out just how uninspired the marrying of movement and gaming had turned out.

aaaadualshock22-610x340.png

i don't get why they have those stupid black circles round the buttons. they stand out too much

i need those... too often when gaming does my thumb start to slip off the control stick... hopefully those grooves help keep my thumb in there better...

• Like 1

The MAIN point I got from the entire conference was how much they worked WITH developers to make the PS4. The biggest complaint from developers of the PS3 was how difficult it was to make games for (due to its architecture). Now it seems with the PS4 they aim to amend this. Specs look pretty beast. Also, I like the controller. It looks good.

One thing, the graphics jump isn't massive. But the spec jump is. I think developers are now limited only by their own capabilities and time restraints in making games look even more impressive. The consoles are doing their job, as is always the case at the beginning of a generation. I think this will mean high quality (graphics) games will take longer to make though.