I'm thinking of committing to a PS4 either Christmas or early next year. I wont buy it day one. I want to see the release game selection first.

I was in two minds about it for a while, but the E3 coverage has convinced me. I won't be getting one until probably early next year though; I need a new (working) PS3 first to play GTA5.

the fact that the PS eye is not bundled with the system means we won't have a bunch of games that require the use of the peripheral... i was worried about that a little, afraid that motion gaming was becoming an important part of next gen since nintendo and microsoft are still touting it... thankfully sony went back to its roots and decided to deliver a gaming system and not one with fancy bells and whistles...

Well, well, well. The Australian PS4 will cost $549. That is gay. We pay $150 more than the US when our dollar is dropping below parity. It will cost me $499 because I already pre-ordered.

By comparison, the XB1 will cost $599 here, which is a only $100 more than the US.

Damn money whores.

^^The only reason we pay so much more is because our Wages are a lot higher when compared to other Developed countries ( like the US/ Canada/ England/ and other Euro Nations )...

Is PS4 definitely going to charge for online play then?

^^It's online will be exceptional with Gaikai's Cloud Streaming Server's...

^^If the User Interface and game download speed for the PS4 is that fast, I'll be very happy.

I was in two minds about it for a while, but the E3 coverage has convinced me. I won't be getting one until probably early next year though; I need a new (working) PS3 first to play GTA5.

^^You should get the PS3 GTA V bundle that was just announced by Sony at their press conference at E3. It costs $299 and comes with a 500 GB PS3 console, a copy of GTA V, a pair of GTA V Headphones and a 30 days PS Plus Subscription. ( that's pretty good value too me )

~ http://www.ign.com/a...undle-announced

original.jpg

The PS4's Hard Drive is also Removable and Upgradeable! ( While the Xbox One isn't ) :D ~ http://www.ign.com/a...able-upgradable ~ Could possibly mean you can install an SSD instead...

Also the PS4 is Region Free, meaning that you can import games from anywhere ( like cheap games from the US or UK to Australia ). The Xbox One on the other hand is Region Locked... ~ http://www.ign.com/a...-is-region-free

• Like 1

It was sort of on topic, but it turned political.

Well then, I think there were two USB's on the front and one on the back.

And this is for the people that missed/didn't watch the conference:

Brjr1A5.jpg

WDaGjLV.png

*Breaking News*

Sony have admitted DRM may still be present in PS4. They are keeping first party titles DRM'less. But are giving third party developers the choice/ability to do add it on an individual basis, if they wish.

Microsoft fucked up :lol:

Won't be pre-ordering the PS4 - will be too busy with GTA V and I want a new TV first - but I'll have one eventually. I'll be sticking an SSD in that bitch, too.

Well I just bought that TV (Sony, obviously) so now I just need to get GTA V over and done with and the PS4 will be mine.

Someone has taken my usual name for games on PSN already though which I'm a bit pissed off about. Will have to get my thinking cap on, picking a username is a hell of a commitment.

Im thinking about preordering the ps4... Can anything of a reason to wait?

Eg, bundles later on?

Perhaps it will get bundled with one or two games, usually that happens. In that case you might want to wait for a game you're looking forward to to be bundled with it.

I just sold my ps3 for 225... Figured id sell it now before it looses too much value.

Now all i need is 150 more..

Sell some crack on the block! You will make phat staxx in no time