What about Australia?

Nov 2014 in AUS, Due to trademark cencorship. You guys are just too strict.

"p

Man, if that was true I think I would have to commit seppuku.

^^ ^^ ^^

Also in Recent News -

The PlayStation 4 is the Worlds most "Powerful" game console ~ Mark Cerny ~ http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1336933

• Like 1

Releasing November 15th US and Canada and November 29th Europe.

What about Australia?

Nov 2014 in AUS, Due to trademark cencorship. You guys are just too strict.

"p

Seriously?

Otherwise a late November release in Europe sounds good.

November 15th, that happens to be my birthday, I wonder if that is a sign?

ahh, I will most likely still be deep into playing GTAV come November 15th, I wont have anytime for anything else.

November 15th, that happens to be my birthday, I wonder if that is a sign?

ahh, I will most likely still be deep into playing GTAV come November 15th, I wont have anytime for anything else.

Yeah i'll be too busy playing GTA V to even think about next gen.

My PlayStation is on its way out, so I think in November I'm gonna be getting a PS4.

Both my consoles are on their way out as well. Had a good run on Xbox.

Well you already said that you were buying an Xbox One in the Xbox Article. So you pretty much lied there.

But don't worry, because you sound like a lot of "full of shit" people on the web right now ( and for the past 6 months ), trying to make out that you're neutral ( hedging your bets ). And I'm going to hazard a guess that you were real quiet during ( and just after ) E3 this year. But now you're full of "Shitbox Patriotism" again.

Just remember that you are giving money to some real evil assholes at Microsoft ( with their archaic business practices ). These guys are trying to bring down the level of quality game development by churning out crap. Trying to force "DRM" and "Always Online" down your throat, so that you're pretty much just renting the game you paid full price for. And what's that? You don't have that anymore? Well you can thank Sony for that/ because they stuck too their guns .

And remember that with the old policy they wanted to introduce ( Always Online/ DRM ), they can restrict your access to any game you have purchased, whenever they want. They can take the Servers down for your game whenever they please, so that if you want to come back and play the game again ( say in a year or two ), you can't . So you're pretty much just renting your games ( you don't own shit ).

And I reckon if Microsoft could they would charge you $60-$120 initially for the game ( depending on what part of the world you live ), and then a fee of ( say ) $20 a month, and extra fees for DLC, and then after that they would install micro-transactions for in-game items......... But you would like that wouldn't you, you blind sheepish M$ Fanboy. It's idiots like you that throw your money at Microsoft, and allow them to think they can get away with this ( because their fans are fucking idiots ), that brings gaming down into a mediocre, stagnant state. Which luckily hasn't happened yet because Sony and the PlayStation Brand is still around.

Well good luck casual gamer with your shitty excuse for a game console. I'll be playing real next-gen games on the PS4.

Well you already said that you were buying an Xbox One in the Xbox Article. So you pretty much lied there.

But don't worry, because you sound like a lot of "full of shit" people on the web right now ( and for the past 6 months ), trying to make out that you're neutral ( hedging your bets ). And I'm going to hazard a guess that you were real quiet during ( and just after ) E3 this year. But now you're full of "Shitbox Patriotism" again.

Just remember that you are giving money to some real evil assholes at Microsoft ( with their archaic business practices ). These guys are trying to bring down the level of quality game development by churning out crap. Trying to force "DRM" and "Always Online" down your throat, so that you're pretty much just renting the game you paid full price for. And what's that? You don't have that anymore? Well you can thank Sony for that/ because they stuck too their guns .

And remember that with the old policy they wanted to introduce ( Always Online/ DRM ), they can restrict your access to any game you have purchased, whenever they want. They can take the Servers down for your game whenever they please, so that if you want to come back and play the game again ( say in a year or two ), you can't . So you're pretty much just renting your games ( you don't own shit ).

And I reckon if Microsoft could they would charge you $60-$120 initially for the game ( depending on what part of the world you live ), and then a fee of ( say ) $20 a month, and extra fees for DLC, and then after that they would install micro-transactions for in-game items......... But you would like that wouldn't you, you blind sheepish M$ Fanboy. It's idiots like you that throw your money at Microsoft, and allow them to think they can get away with this ( because their fans are fucking idiots ), that brings gaming down into a mediocre, stagnant state. Which luckily hasn't happened yet because Sony and the PlayStation Brand is still around.

Well good luck casual gamer with your shitty excuse for a game console. I'll be playing real next-gen games on the PS4.

"thank you ps4 merchant, you are my greatest ally"

I loved the whole "And I reckon if Microsoft could they would charge you $60-$120 initially for the game..." spiel, Sony is a business and Sony would do that just as fast if they could. Fuck, I'd hazard a guess at they were about to announce policies similar to Sony's but then pulled them before announcement when they saw how Microsoft's shipment of fail was about to go down.

I was having flashbacks at the "M$" it's like I'm back in the 90's. Nostalgia!

Well, Sony did learn from the whole $600 20GB PS3 back in '06. In some ways, they are $ony just like Microsoft is Micro$oft << No spell check line but $ony is an error. It's a sign.

"thank you ps4 merchant, you are my greatest ally"

I loved the whole "And I reckon if Microsoft could they would charge you $60-$120 initially for the game..." spiel, Sony is a business and Sony would do that just as fast if they could. Fuck, I'd hazard a guess at they were about to announce policies similar to Sony's but then pulled them before announcement when they saw how Microsoft's shipment of fail was about to go down.

I was having flashbacks at the "M$" it's like I'm back in the 90's. Nostalgia!

This makes no sense.^^

Well, Sony did learn from the whole $600 20GB PS3 back in '06.

Yeah, remember that the PS3 was one of the first Blu Ray Player's on the market ( that was why the price was so high ), and it was still cheaper than every single other one ( and it also played GAMES ).

It's funny how no one said Sony was innovative for installing new Disc Drive Tech into the PS3, but Microsoft is getting mad-props for having the Kinect 2. Which is just a glorified upgrade of the first shitty one.

( Plus does anyone even like Kinect Games? )

It's funny how no one said Sony was innovative for installing new Disc Drive Tech into the PS3,

You are remembering that wrong. Almost everybody who bought a PS3 was ranting and raving about the blu ray functionality and What the FUCK? Mad props about Kinect 2? Nobody likes Kinect!!! It's part of the reason people are still pissy about the Xbox One. Are you just making stuff up?

And you know what I meant, pointing out a mix up like that doesn't dispute the fact that Sony were probably about to nickle and dime you until Microsoft's announcement went over like a fart in church.

It's funny how no one said Sony was innovative for installing new Disc Drive Tech into the PS3,

You are remembering that wrong. Almost everybody who bought a PS3 was ranting and raving about the blu ray functionality and What the FUCK? Mad props about Kinect 2? Nobody likes Kinect!!! It's part of the reason people are still pissy about the Xbox One. Are you just making stuff up?

And you know what I meant, pointing out a mix up like that doesn't dispute the fact that Sony were probably about to nickle and dime you until Microsoft's announcement went over like a fart in church.

Sony even came out and stated that they entertained the prospect of "Always Online" & "DRM", I'm not disputing that. But they decided not to implement it, because they knew it would hurt their sales. That's because their business objective is to appeal to a niche market, the "Hardcore Gamer Market" ( Not the casual idiots who will buy anything ). Microsoft made a mistake and didn't realise that they needed the Hardcore Guys because they buy the majority of consoles at the beginning of the Console Generation ( and Microsoft's Multi-Media, Non-Game centric presentation of their console ended up hurting them ).

And as for whether Sony had the foresight to see if Microsoft would implement DRM & Always Online, unless they had a spy in Microsoft they wouldn't know for sure what features the Xbox One was going to have ( even though they probably had their suspicions/ because it made sense from a business standpoint ).

I think Sony did what it did at E3 because it made sense for their console. And Microsoft probably thought that Sony would implement similar features to theirs, and were ultimately wrong in their assumptions ( which cost them ).

But the Xbox One is coming back with a vengeance ( and are really gaining in the pre-order department ), because people seem to have short-term memories. And for whatever reason have a high tolerance for the abuse they will take from Microsoft.

If you forget the lessons learnt from mistakes made in the past you are doomed to repeat them...

It isn't a "short term memory" It's confidence that a company isn't going to repeat mistakes. They've backtracked on mistakes and frankly I think that's better than Sony who if you were to look just at OtherOS and how people never received anything as reimbursement for the removal seem to be a less consumer friendly company. I'd sold my Xbox shortly before then and sold my PS3 after I mistakenly updated it and didn't realize I couldn't get OtherOS (I used it)

You seem to have this idea that Sony are out to help consumers and they're really not.

What about how buddy-buddy EA is with Microsoft, launching Titanfall as an Xbox console exclusive ( yeah I know it's on PC as well ). A "Timed DLC" agreement for Battlefield 4 to come to the X1 first. Peggle 2 and Plants Vs Monsters: Garden Warfare will also appear first on Xbox One, plus all Xbox One pre-orders in Europe will include a free copy of FIFA 14. While Sony has no deals whatsoever with EA, other than basic multi-plat titles coming to the PS4.

Why does EA ( who are scum/ even if Battlefield is great ) favour Microsoft? Could it be that their policies are in line with EA's?

Here's an article showing how un-biased EA is towards the Next Gen Consoles ~ http://au.gamespot.c...th-sony-6413574

EA is planning for all of their future games to be like SimCity ( Always Online & with DRM ). Here's an article about the planned future of their titles ~ http://au.gamespot.c...ny-more-6413672

A monthly fee for TES Online, Micro-Transactions for Ryse. This is just the beginning of a very negative future for gaming. Where we are getting bland regurgitated crap for games, and have to pay through the ass for it. And all of it will be helped along by your friend Microsoft...

A monthly fee for TES Online

That was expected. It's a major MMO that's going to try and compete with WoW.

They'll realize soon enough, though, that only WoW can require a subscription and still give people their money's worth. They'll go free-to-play, just like every other MMO has.

• Like 1

(posted it in the wrong thread!!!, shouldn't have x posted sox!!!"

First things first,Microsoft aren't my "friend" (I barely even use Windows anymore, I reboot and use Windows 7 to play the few games that I haven't gotten to work on Linux) if I do buy a console it probably would be a PS4. But I really doubt I'm going to bother with this generation of consoles though, so just getting that out of the way.

I don't think it's a matter of "buddy buddy" more a matter of "cough up and we'll put it on your console first" it's an effective business practice and Microsoft made way more than what they invested into paying for DLC from GTA IV so this generation they are probably going to go all out with buying limited exclusivity on games. I think the gamers win there, so long as you bought the console that's getting it of course.

Neither of your links are working either, but in regards to EA, they've thoroughly shat the bed with gamers, they aren't doing as well as they were and I don't expect them to last very long before they either go under or get bought and the focus changed there. I don't think a lot of people are going to bother with any game that uses this lame always online DRM, I bought SimCity because 4000 is probably top 10 on a list of best games ever made and returned it through Amazon as soon as I could. They've put a real shitty taste in every bodies mouth and I along with a lot of people won't be buying it.

And Fee for TES (MMORPG games)? This isn't a new development by a long shot, you pay for expanding content, I play Runescape and pay £6 monthly and get new content pretty much every week. World of Warcraft is the same just with all the major content coming out in expansions and bug fixes being regular and free. This dates back years and it's not a business model I disagree with (neither will a lot of people here, Cuda, Massy, Marcus all play/ed WoW). Ryse is complete and utter garbage and if you couldn't figure that out from the trailer and go ahead and buy it you've got issues.

A monthly fee for TES Online

That was expected. It's a major MMO that's going to try and compete with WoW.

They'll realize soon enough, though, that only WoW can require a subscription and still give people their money's worth. They'll go free-to-play, just like every other MMO has.

Depends on the game really, if its good I think it'd be able to sustain a good amount of subscribers, TOR was crap and couldn't so they went free to play. Is the development model for TES out yet? I'm curious if its going to be a rolling release of updates like Runescape has or if its going to be expansion packs like WoW.

I don't know if they have expansions planned, but they're doing major content patches and whatnot, yeah. Not every region is available at release, for example. Elsweyr is going to be in a major patch later on.