Icecoldbagey

GTA V will be the December feature in Game Informer

Hope so. When is the Max Payne 3 DLC extravaganza fiasco over? Hopefully it's soon, never really liked DLC for any games (especially map packs).

They must know that barely anyone hardly plays that anymore, besides buy their DLC.

Personally I'd rather not be Andy, simply because it's fun having the suspense build. Some will agree, there have been some cold, dead moments with GTA V info, but now that a time has officially been stated, it feels as if it's finally time to get some good info out, and waiting is actually suspenseful when you know something is gonna happen. And playing the game when you're supposed to.

Personally I'd rather not be Andy, simply because it's fun having the suspense build. Some will agree, there have been some cold, dead moments with GTA V info, but now that a time has officially been stated, it feels as if it's finally time to get some good info out, and waiting is actually suspenseful when you know something is gonna happen. And playing the game when you're supposed to.

I agree with you there. I wonder if they actually get to play the game or if Rockstar just compiled some gameplay for them to watch?

Yes i think they are on thier final DLC if im not mistaken. And i think it releases in October but don't quote me on that. Im not sure.

A total of 3 have been announced but not yet released. All three are ambiguously slated for "Fall 2012".

'good thing that guy talked me into getting a subscription when i pre-ordered ac3, which reminds me, where's this month's issue?

They come at totally random times. ive gotten issues as early as the 5th before and issues as late as the 20th.

• Like 1

Man Andy mcnamara is the luckiest bastard on the planet right now.

More like the unluckiest.

There is no way I would want the massive spoiler he is getting in his gameplay session.

All I want is a bit more info about the game itself and maybe a bit of what the story and the main character are about.

Then nothing until I get hands on with the game itself. Can't wait for that new game smell :wub:

Should get the GTA V info on the 9th of November 2012.

It's not really a spoiler for them. All that happens is that a Rockstar rep will play through 20 mins or half an hour of the game, showcasing a mission that highlights the basic game features. In GTAIV it was the missions where Niko killed the Lawyer, Tom Goldberg, and killed the man with the cell phone. They also revealed that the main character was Niko, he lived with his Cousin, Roman, and the year was 2008. In the demo of the missions, the names in the cell phone were changed to avoid spoilers, simply listing them as "Docks Contact" or "Taxi Contact" ect.

In Max Payne 3, they tested the stadium level in its entirety.

So, more or less they reveal things that will happen, but nothing that impacts largely on the main storyline.

After the demo by the Rockstar rep, the magazine reviewers are usually allowed to play the game in free-roam for about 15-20 minutes each.

So, these demos are pretty much the same as gameplay videos for regular games, yet as we know, Rockstar never releases raw gameplay footage, because they'd rather show off the game with flashy trailers and nice pictures. I like that :clap:

If I remember correctly, Rockstar doesn't do a demo for you. They leave you alone in a room with a huge TV for an hour or two. That's how they do it with other games, anyway, I can't remember if they have a different procedure for GTA. They would have you at a certain point in the game to do a preview-worthy mission, and only that mission, then would let you have free rein to do whatever.

What does it mean to be the "cover game" of a month? I don't follow this type of Gameinformer type stuff.

Anyway, by then I'm hoping for some cover art and a release date. Would be a perfect way to end the year (apart from a release, of course)

It means it will be thier cover issue. That means GTA V artwork on the cover and about a 10 page summary of what he saw plus exclusive pics.

Awesome. Now I can't wait for December.

November first week, november issue came out in october.

I got the digital issue so i should get it real fast and post some scans..

If I remember correctly, Rockstar doesn't do a demo for you. They leave you alone in a room with a huge TV for an hour or two. That's how they do it with other games, anyway, I can't remember if they have a different procedure for GTA. They would have you at a certain point in the game to do a preview-worthy mission, and only that mission, then would let you have free rein to do whatever.

They still have complete control over what game content makes it into the magazine though...

I have the GTA IV Game Informer 10-page preview from 2007 on my lap. They didn't get to play the game themselves at that point, but it may be different this time. Also, I recall from the LA Noire gameplay previews that when the reviewers played the game themselves, they always had a Rockstar rep standing by them to offer any info or assistance.

I'm certain the first previews are not hands-on since they make a big deal about it later when they finally do get to play the game for themselves. A dev shows off certain things (both to not reveal too much and show the non-buggy parts of the game :P ) and answers questions the magazine has about what they saw (again, not revealing too much).

• Like 1

Probably we will see something tomorrow, new pictures or a small video. And then we will wait another year to see the final product, or two years

We won't see anything tomorrow or the rest of the week. Count on it.

• Like 2