Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

icon11.gif

this xbox getting shit first thing is really starting to get fucking annoying. No matter, I cant get these dlcs cause I never bought skyrim in the first place. Maybe ill tell my buddy to buy them so I can play it lol.

I thought about getting my own copy of skyrim but I already played it SO much its not worth it to buy it, then the dlcs. Still loving fallout. and got civilization 5 the other day for 75% off. Only cost around 8 bucks

I plan to play some this weekend too. I was in a spider cave in the mountains last time, still just wandering around and opening up the map for the first time. You forum denizens have turned me on to Bethesda in a serious way.

• Like 2

Have been playing Skyrim again for a while now, before christmas at least. Getting to the point where i've exhausted my Orc playthrough, still haven't got the Oblivion walker achievement yet or all of the dragon priest masks, i'm well on my way to completing both of those in that playthrough though. But i've started another one - a female Imperial - which I started before when my old PS3 went kaput. She's going to be a bit of everything; archer, mage, warrior... probably not a thief though.

• Like 1

i am so glad these weren't delayed into spring... cause you know, i'll be busy playing something else... i'll beat both DLC's for both of my main characters, and build a house cause that sounds cool no matter what the reviews said... i'll have to probably save my dual-wielding (magic n sword), heavy armor wearing, redguard warrior for later this year...

looks pretty cool... too bad bethesda decided to say FUCK YOU!! to the PS3 fan base... i will never get over this, it may even effect my stance on a new fallout if they pull that shit again...

pfft, yea right... i'll become a PC gamer if that ever happened...

Cant really blame bethesda, imo

Blame sony

why? it's bethesda's own fault for not addressing a technical issue with their game engine, one that was pointed out by obsidian's josh sawyer when they were working on fallout new vegas... the change could of been addressed when they were working on the new engine...

i still bet skyrim DLC runs like crap on the PS3... even all the delays for the fallout DLC's didn't help those any either... their engine wasn't built with PS3 performance in mind...

why? it's bethesda's own fault for not addressing a technical issue with their game engine, one that was pointed out by obsidian's josh sawyer when they were working on fallout new vegas... the change could of been addressed when they were working on the new engine...

i still bet skyrim DLC runs like crap on the PS3... even all the delays for the fallout DLC's didn't help those any either... their engine wasn't built with PS3 performance in mind...

It was built with the Xbox 360 in mind. Then a rough port was made for the PS3.

This was done because Bethesda knew that they would have more sales for the 360, and thus made that version superior. Bethesda couldn't give a fuck about PS3 users, otherwise they would of worked with Sony on these issues.

Just look at Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well, I bet they didn't even hire play testers for the PS3 Versions. And if they did, then they knowingly released broken games.

Just 2 Cents from a Playstation Fanboy, who hopes that both Fallout 4 and the next Elder Scrolls Game run just a little bit better on the PS4. -_-

ive been having skyrim for a while now but i rarely play it. it takes to much time in my opinion and i don't have time for that. i mean don't get me wrong, it is really fun but just to time consuming. i still play it from time to time but not alot. :clap:

^That's called value for money, how many other games can you put 100+ hours into and still discover new stuff? In the time it takes you to play a Bethesda game, you could probably buy another ten games and complete them, sure, but you would've also spent about £400.

it's official....

dragonborn - february 12

hearthfire - february 19

dawnguard - february 26

for US PS3 fans that is, the EU store hasn't announced their dates yet... not sure how steam is handling the PC releases, or if they're already available... all i know is i get them 50% off on launch week for each one... what did these run for on the 360?? looks like february will be all about skyrim again, just like last february :D... i literally haven't touched this game in more than 6 months... and now i have a giant TV to play on!!

after hating on bethesda during all this time, i am finally ready to forgive them since they are rewarding us with discounts to say they're sorry... i really wanted to play this again, and there was a moment where it seemed like they gave up on the PS3...

I can't even be bothered to dl the dlc... I feel like we're getting a clapped out prostitute who's been used more times than one would ever wish to be used... I may get a goty edition fr PC if it ever happens. But i just feel the wait was unjustifiable.

it was, but it's also like getting a new elder scrolls to me since it's been over 6 months since i last played... there's probably a good 50+ hours of DLC here... i am not worried about that anymore... it's all water under the bridge since i still really want to play this game more...

Dawnguard doesn't really interest me that much, but Hearthfire I liked the sound of originally. I may just get them all if they are half price. I am hoping to get a fairly decent computer soon, install Skyrim on that and mod the fuck out of it properly. My modding is reaching its limit in framerate terms on my current computer.

I got Dawnguard and Hearthfire, so may as well get Dragonborn. Plus, it looks to be the best DLC yet. TBH though, I would've been a lot more disillusioned with it had I still been playing on PS3.

all the more reason for me to start a new file after i beat them with my two original characters... since GTAV is not 'till fall, i'll have some free time to start my redguard magic/sword jack of all trades guy file... i might end up wasting my summer playing it now...

I only recently completed the main story; the side quests have done a great job of keeping me occupied.

Story-wise, the ending is great, but action-wise, it's not as climactic as the end of the civil war quests.

The quests themselves in the civil war chain, other than the ending, annoyed me. The Battle for Whiterun was fun from the Stormcloak perspective, but the Imperial version was dull - all you do is fight Stormcloaks at the gate. And throughout the entire quest chain - on both sides - I killed just as many allies as enemies because they wouldn't get out of my fucking way. The forts were tedious. It would've been a lot faster and a lot more fun if I could run through the forts alone, especially with my stealthy characters, i.e., most of them.

I don't know what it is, but whether I'm rocking daggers, a bow, or my bare hands, I love sneaking around and taking people out, one by one.

Edit: That's the first tl;dr post I've made in a long time.

• Like 2

I only recently completed the main story; the side quests have done a great job of keeping me occupied.

Story-wise, the ending is great, but action-wise, it's not as climactic as the end of the civil war quests.

The quests themselves in the civil war chain, other than the ending, annoyed me. The Battle for Whiterun was fun from the Stormcloak perspective, but the Imperial version was dull - all you do is fight Stormcloaks at the gate. And throughout the entire quest chain - on both sides - I killed just as many allies as enemies because they wouldn't get out of my fucking way. The forts were tedious. It would've been a lot faster and a lot more fun if I could run through the forts alone, especially with my stealthy characters, i.e., most of them.

I don't know what it is, but whether I'm rocking daggers, a bow, or my bare hands, I love sneaking around and taking people out, one by one.

Edit: That's the first tl;dr post I've made in a long time.

That's how I like to play too