Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dunno.. I was just minding my own business, except for killing that goat, when i was jumped by the dragon... Shellshocked, I hid under a overhang in a cave, hopeing he would move on, allowing me to continue on my way from whiterun to figure out what the unique gem was worth....

No reprieve, got vaporized...

don't forget to upgrade your armor too at the workbench... all you need is an ore of the style of armor to use to upgrade... as far as the dragon goes, you've killed one already, all you have to do is run around so he can find a place to land... there's a good chance you're on a cliff of some sort, next to a mountain or something... that happens occasionally, but if you move around into a more open space he will land... maybe bring some arrows with you to help weaken him up a bit so long as you hide behind a rock or something after you shoot the arrow...

are you a brute warrior, or a sneaky thief??

i just got done with the greybeards for my new character, gonna go slightly off the path on my way to the windcaller's place so i can swing into dawnstar and get a few quests going since i'll need to be a thane to buy property... i am going with the land north of the loreius farm...

also, i have over 6,000 septims already... looting and selling is the quickest way... i only hit up maybe 4 bandit hideouts tops... two were outdoors, and the other two were mines... now i got plenty of money to buy some land...

Dragons only appear at level 10 and after completing the Dragon Rising quest. You should invest perks in the areas you use most, which will obvioulsly be the ones to level up the fastest. At low levels even the base dragons can be a challenge, if you are using spells the best option is shock-based as dragons have a resistance to both fire and frost. (The ones that use fire breath have a 50% resistance to fire, and the ones that use frost have a 50% resistance to frost... go figure, but they also have a 25% resistance to the opposite spell.)

Also if you haven't got a follower it might be wise to get one, they can distract a dragon and soak up a lot of their damage for you.

I started a Nord character again, he's living in Lakeview Manor where he has a large plantation of canis root and swamp fungal pods for making paralysis poisons.

Yes it is, but if you use a fortify enchanting potion it can wear off while you are typing the new name resulting in the stronger enchantment not being applied, only the base one.

Dragons only appear at level 10 and after completing the Dragon Rising quest. You should invest perks in the areas you use most, which will obvioulsly be the ones to level up the fastest. At low levels even the base dragons can be a challenge, if you are using spells the best option is shock-based as dragons have a resistance to both fire and frost. (The ones that use fire breath have a 50% resistance to fire, and the ones that use frost have a 50% resistance to frost... go figure, but they also have a 25% resistance to the opposite spell.)

Also if you haven't got a follower it might be wise to get one, they can distract a dragon and soak up a lot of their damage for you.

I started a Nord character again, he's living in Lakeview Manor where he has a large plantation of canis root and swamp fungal pods for making paralysis poisons.

I think im at level 6???

Well maybe they do appear before level 10 then, I always thought that was the case though. But it seems that you only have to complete Dragon Rising then. Just save regularly and clear out dungeons to level up quickly. Watch out for which caves you explore though, some contain Falmer and they will be quite difficult at low levels. Well as I said save regularly, I keep two save files per character, that way I can jump back to a previous save if my last one puts me in imminent danger... or it gets corrupted.

If you happen to spend a lot of time around the plains of Whiterun, sneak around near deer and it will level up your sneak skill, hunt them for hides and antlers. Also collect every blue butterfly and blue mountain flower you see, combined they make a valuable potion and will level up your alchemy skill quickly. Apart from that the way forward is combat, the more fighting you do the quicker you level up.

Chaurus. Yeah they are quite lethal at level 6 i'd imagine. Another thing, don't waste your money buying skill upgrades unless you can get that person as a follower and then reclaim your money, such as with Faendal in Riverwood.

just found out i can't buy the house i want until level 22?? what kind of bullshit is that? at least that's what the wikia says... now i will be forced to by the breezehome for now until i can get up there in levels... that's dumb, of all the houses you can construct, that one has a little tiny side quest requirement to unlock the option...

boo...

Which one? I bought Lakeview Manor at about level 5 after doing a job for the jarl of Falkreath.

Oh and also i've just found out that if you sell firewood to a mill owner who you haven't previously helped they will then let you cut lumber yourself, just tried it at Half-Moon Mill.

Yes it is, but if you use a fortify enchanting potion it can wear off while you are typing the new name resulting in the stronger enchantment not being applied, only the base one.

Good to know, still getting to know the whole enchanting regime, I probably have a potion for that stashed somewhere. I also want to get the smithing perk to improve enchanted items, but haven't been able to just yet.

Oh, I was planning on getting that one next where my wife and children could live. Luckily i'm level 21 at the moment so as soon as I hit 22 i'll go for it.

yea, i feel like it wouldn't take all that long to reach that level... i'm at 9 now i think, and barely scratched the surface of the world in front of me... but i do need to have a place so i can store some of this unique stuff i have... i was thinking about dropping it all in the firepit in belathor's shop in whiterun... seems like anything i dropped in there stayed all game... could be a good place to temporary store soem cool stuff...

That's why I went for Lakeview first. With my garden and greenhouse I have now cornered the market in paralysis poisons thoughout Skyrim.

i think paralyzing poisons are the best ones... watch them pass out for a few seconds while i beat the shit out of him with my sword... now put that enchantment on a sword and you've got one of the best weapons in a fierce battle...

• Like 1

Are there traveling merchants? Im over encumbered half way between whiterun and the city where you get the gem appraised..

no someone will take them or they disappear... but i find that dumping them in some interior places is safe.. not in a container, but dropping them... you also have to find a store that doesn't pick up your stuff and give it back to you when you drop it... so far, belathor's general goods in whiterun is the only place i've seen this work, and i think the blacksmith's place works too, but you have to wait until they're open if you want to get back in there to get the items... i've dropped about a dozen worthless items i was carrying into belathor's firepit... 300 hours later and they're all still there...

or you could just earn 5,000 septims and buy the breezehome in whiterun... all you have to do is help out with the dragon you killed to become thane and able to buy property... i made 5K in less than 4 hours on my current playthrough...

EDIT: ohh, QD, hit up ivarstead, you should of already been there if you were following the main story early on... it's to the east of the giant mountain... or you could just drop a couple of things so ou can fast travel to sell it all, then travel back and hope those petty items are still there... don't drop anything unique or with significant value...

Loaded up my level 49 wood elf after about 6 months of not playing this. I forgot that I've barely touched any of the quests and the only two places I've visited on this file (other than numerous caves) are Riverwood, Whiterun, and Riften. Feels good to get back into it. Ahh The Guild, how I've missed my fellow theives...

Finally bought a horse, so as long as I keep track of him I don't get stuck...

I just wish you could call the horse like rdr.