Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I have somehow managed to attract the attention of three dragons, a bear, and a pack of Forsworn. Should go well.

Edit: Survived... but now my quest NPC is hostile and Ihave to reload my fucking game...

if he's like me, he has a saved game from maybe about 5 minutes ago...

Several times i've played fallout and spend like a half hour roaming around then BAM get hit by 5 Cazadores unprepared and die.

They are the only things that really are hard to deal with playing Malee...

Love this game, but haven't played it in a while.

One of it's major drawbacks and the reason why I can't get motivated to play it again, is the best armour and weapons in the game can be made rather than found. I have maxed out Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy. And can create the best type of all armours and weapons, other than maybe Chillrend.

I find there is little reason to go exploring because there isn't any real treasure worth collecting or powerful unique weapons/armour ( compared to my super weapons/armour ) to collect.

Compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas where the best weapons and armour have to be found through exploration.

I don't care about having the best armour. I like to RP simple characters like hunters etcetera who get by on the land. I mostly stick to fur/hide/studded armour and iron/steel weapons. As a bonus, it makes the game a bit more challenging at later levels.

Love this game, but haven't played it in a while.

One of it's major drawbacks and the reason why I can't get motivated to play it again, is the best armour and weapons in the game can be made rather than found. I have maxed out Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy. And can create the best type of all armours and weapons, other than maybe Chillrend.

I find there is little reason to go exploring because there isn't any real treasure worth collecting or powerful unique weapons/armour ( compared to my super weapons/armour ) to collect.

Compared to Fallout 3 and New Vegas where the best weapons and armour have to be found through exploration.

I feel very similar to this. I like the loot system in diablo, you never know what you're going to get, which always makes it so interesting.

icon11.gif

yah I gotta agree

and the balance of the weapons were better in the fallout games.

the daedric shit is so much more powerful than steel shit. (without exploiting enchanting)

but the unique weapons in fallout are more powerful, but the gap of power isnt as big.

sure you can get by with steel shit but you dont want to when the other shit is so much better

once I found the enchantment exploits I couldnt stop myself from using them. especially on weapon mods. most weapon mods I found were lore-friendly and had stats usually lower then daedric. but i really wanted to use them cause they looked kickass.

with skyrim, the spells you find on weapons are spells you can learn and improve, despite the weapon being used... the weapons unfortunately are leveled and never have a unique variant that was more damaging...

fallout has unique weapons for just about every standard weapon... most have a slight edge over their counterpart and like blacksox9 said, they're worth the journey to find, or a huge surprise when you stumble upon one... it's more exciting opening a cabinet or footlocker in fallout than it is opening a chest or sack in skyrim...

icon11.gif

exploit enchanted alchemy and smithing, you can make any weapons and armour have stats that will rape anything

But then you make the game boring and to easy.

I'm only on Level 20, just met the paath..... dragon at throat of the world. Haven't exploited any of the skills, just play it like it should be played, also haven't once fast-travelled anywhere unless i get on a carriage. I can't see how you can appreciate a game as much if you exploit the gaps in them.

Anyway, currently doing the College, Dark Brotherhood and main quest storylines.

@Viceman. Got a new dog too. :P

icon11.gif

exploit enchanted alchemy and smithing, you can make any weapons and armour have stats that will rape anything

But then you make the game boring and to easy.

Not when I download things like the deadly dragons mod and play on master level.

I know whats the point of doing that then when it can be just as challenging without crazy weapons and no challenge mods.

Well its like I can't help myself from making amazing weapons and feel like accomplishing something, then of course I need to mod shit to make it harder.

General enemies are still a bit easier, but then I have a monster mod that adds more shit and some of them are really fucking hard. I got a pretty balanced game with mods going.

Its funny, I have like at least 15 amour mods installed that I havent even bothered to craft or wear yet hahaa.

but then I have a monster mod that adds more shit and some of them are really fucking hard.

Especially when you think you've uninstalled it, but some of the files are still there. You walk through a dungeon you've been through a dozen times before, turn a corner expecting to face a giant frostbite spider and end up getting pwned by a winged goat/man/thing.

icon11.gif

but then I have a monster mod that adds more shit and some of them are really fucking hard.

Especially when you think you've uninstalled it, but some of the files are still there. You walk through a dungeon you've been through a dozen times before, turn a corner expecting to face a giant frostbite spider and end up getting pwned by a winged goat/man/thing.

hahah yah

When I start a new character I uninstall a lot of my mods. Way too fuckin hard. There are still a few I dont like.

Theres a mod called skyrim wars or something. Adds a lot of new enemies. For the most part it kicks ass. But it adds this 20 foot tall spriggan called "Nature's Doom" and its fucking unbeatable. It shoots some green ball thing that drains your HP like a poison. But it take like 50 HP per second. I use ultimate healing potions over and over but it keeps fucking draining.

I usually just run from the fucking thing, and this is at level 81 with my crazy enchanted weapons.

I have a couple things to make the game prettier, one that adds better background sounds to the wilderness, one that makes Dawnguard's unique weapons useful, but still balanced, and one that keeps my dog from barking so much when I'm sneaking. That's about it.

I think i'm getting to the limit where I can't add any more to my current house; i've got barricades, a training area, four guards patrolling around, a trio of giants wandering around nearby. All I have to do is iron out the creases and finish furnishing the house.

@Viceman. Got a new dog too. :P

I'll rape yer feckin' dog.

I think he's that way inclined anyway, keeps on staring at me and barking some nonsense, so you'd be doing me a favor. When are you available?

Did Dawngaurd ever make it out on PS3 or even PC? The next DLC (extracted from the latest patch code) looks to be much more interesting to me. If PS3 suffers again i'll probably just switch to PC for Skyrim, and never return!

According to code pulled from the latest Skyrim patch, the game's next piece of DLC is thought to be called "Dragonborn." Eurogamer took note of Bethesda forum member "Mardoxx," who went code diving and came up with a few unconfirmed details. Dragonborn will take place on the island of Solstheim, include new armor types and there are references to dragon mounts and several locations.

Joystiq