Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I tried the lumber mill way, didn't seem to have any effect.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Homestead

It is possible to use the saw mill to cut lumber for free, but only if the miller gives permission first.

When I asked at Half-Moon Mill the owner said no. Fuck that bitch.

Same here, I have about 116,000. From that wiki page I posted apparently they will only agree if they are at home and not actually working at the mill. Seems odd but...

I suddenly feel the urge to play Skyrim again, as a nord badass iron clad 2h weilding... badass.

It's a shame that the typical dragonborn armor is so weak and quite bad in my opinion.

*plays skyrim for the rest of the day*

He meant the iron armor used in the ads and whatnot.

I enchanted and improved my Nord's iron helmet to the point that it would be usable for the whole game, but I wasn't going to bother with the armor. The helm is what's most important to the look.

I want to use the scaled or hide armour on my Nord all the way through, either that or the Nordic carved armour. That would mean creating a game-breaking fortify smithing potion with the enchant-fortify restoration-enchant trick though.

why not use it anyways, even without the glitching?? it'll make the game more challenging... i wear the ragged robes with dragonborn gauntlets and boots because my character looks bad ass in them... if i actually have to use health potions, then so be it... i never use them when wearing dragonborn armor anyways...

with the right enchantments, lesser gear can actually be effective if used right...

• Like 1

so i couldn't get the bitch that runs half-moon mill to let me use her log splitter... but i remember making a friend with one south of windhelm, mixwater mill... wow, it takes a really long time to do the job for 10 logs... i'd almost rather pay for them :lol:... but it's good to know for the future file... i really think you have to do something for them to get the approval...

my house is fully constructed, it's the furnishings that aren't all there yet... i went with an armory, greenhouse, and trophy room... the kitchen, alchemist tower and enchanter tower was pointless because i already had those items in my house... and so was the extra storage room and library... i actually bought all three lands, and put a basic home on them, maybe i'll use different wings for those just to see what they look like...

damn, you've barely scratched the surface QD...

@massacre - i forgot riverwood had a lumber mill, i am sure that location will let you use their mill too, i recall doing a favor for that person early in the game...

:bones: < { iphucked this post!! }

If you followed Ralof at the start of the game and went to Whiterun for Gerdur, it's pretty much favor done.

If you followed Hadvar and went to Whiterun for Alvor, then you probably have something to do first.

i can't remember the names, but i am pretty sure i left helgan with the imperials, even though i fought for the stormcloaks later in my journey... how was i suppose to know who to root for in my opening minutes of playing this game?! :P...

i am about to fire this up soon, i'll let you know if it works... i am pretty sure every lumber mill works as long as there's a mini-quest or a favor to do for them... now that i am done building my house, i am running around trying to unlock some shouts with my wife mjoll... my friend keeps telling me about the storm shout, all i got left is one more word to learn now...

so glad these add-ons finally made it to the PS3... i really miss playing this game...

-----------

EDIT: soooo... i just asked hod, the guy that runs the mill in riverwood and he gave me the same bullshit line that the lady at the half-moon gave me the, "i can't just give away wood" line... so i didn't make the right decision in that turn of events with that particular operator at some point... something to look out for in the future...

intradasting...

I need a horse and a house but only have 200 gold... I dont seem to be buying anything i can think of but i always only have 200 gold... 100 there to pay some elses fines, 50 here for fines of my own... Cant wait till i get hit up for taxes... Arg.

start salvaging and selling... crafting armor for extra money... chop wood and sell em to shop keeps interested in that sort of thing... i actually paid for my first house in whiterun by chopping wood behind belathor's for over an hour and selling it to the lady that runs the inn, the bannered mare...

meanwhile in riften...

dawnguard01.jpg

I'm in Riften now, I've said yes to almost every task requested of me, but have yet to carry them all out. I'm going to need septims to buy another house. I also have my eye on their blacksmith...

So, chop firewood to make money, eh?

Early on in game chopping wood is a good source of income, that and hunting deer on the plains of Whiterun then using their pelts to create armour. If you start exploring dungeons you'll soon be picking up plenty of loot to sell and won't need to worry about wood chopping, just make sure you go with plenty of carrying capacity available. It's knowing what to pick up; when I first played I was picking up cabbages, wine, goblets, plates and other shite... just because I could pick them up. By the time I get to level 40 i've got far too much gold anyway and don't bother picking up a lot of valuable stuff. I tend to not bother searching every urn for a few more flawless gems, I'll search the chests though as they often contain leveled enchanted gear.

i got a lot of rubys and stuff but no one wants them, i also have dragon bones, but i guess i'm supposed to save them.

Only certain shops will buy certain goods until you unlock the merchant perk in the speech tree. General shops such as Belethor's in Whiterun should accept gems and dragon bones (best to get rid of those as they are bloody heavy.)

Clizick hurr fo' mo' info fo' sho' mah big-nippled negro.

http://elderscrolls....ts_%28Skyrim%29

Well, I've made a point of saving a pickaxe and woodcutter's axe, but frankly I like the idea of looting dungeons more than hard labour for easy cash early on. I'm also hesitant to sell dragon bones and scales in case there's some alchemy or armor perk I might be able to use them for. I like refering to the Wiki but don't want too many spoilers my first playthrough, the world is so rich I'm trying to discover it for myself.

Thanks for the tips! I look forward to playing more.

Mine ore veins, again I only did this in my first playthrough. Afterwards I couldn't be bothered and just bought ingots from blacksmiths.

The pickaxe does come in handy for Hearthfire though.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, about the dragon :bones:

Dragon bones/scales aren't used in any alchemy potions. Their only real use is in making dragon armour which you won't be able to do until you unlock the dragon smithing perk with a 100 smithing skill. They are used if you join the Blades however, you can give one of each to Esbern in exchange for a special potion.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, about the dragon :bones:

Dragon bones/scales aren't used in any alchemy potions. Their only real use is in making dragon armour which you won't be able to do until you unlock the dragon smithing perk with a 100 smithing skill. They are used if you join the Blades however, you can give one of each to Esbern in exchange for a special potion.

Vicey, I adore you.