Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Well, life has been cutting into my gaming time of late, and so have deathmatches. Still a magic wielding, sneaky Khajiit archer. Plus, I'm easily distracted by shiny things.

made it into soltsteim last night... i wandered around a bit killing some werebears or something, and cleaned out a dragon lair... i didn't get to play a lot last night but i took the day off form work to play it today... i still have to work my other job tonight, but i should have plenty of time to play a bunch of this...

is it just me or are the graphics a lot smoother in dragonborn??

I tried to start playing this for the second time the other day... I just cant get into it for some reason... Jumping around a castle is very meh.

me on the other hand have been spending a lot of time restoring raven rock... so much so, that i now have my own home in that town... good timing too, because my inventory space was getting rather small with all the new goodies... i am still on my first main quest, finding the source of miraak's power... i've been all over the map, cleared probably 10 locations, found a couple black books, and generally done everything except the main quest...

Stayed up all night playing this and had to tear myself away this morning. I killed another dragon with my fire axe. I've decided to travel more and unlock key areas of the map before doing any more missions.

i too have been wasting my afternoon playing this instead of doing housework...traveling more is always the right path... exploring is where the fun is...

and speaking of fun, i haven't taken a photo in a while...

:bones: < { iphucked this post!! }

post-24-454912_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

me on the other hand have been spending a lot of time restoring raven rock... so much so, that i now have my own home in that town... good timing too, because my inventory space was getting rather small with all the new goodies... i am still on my first main quest, finding the source of miraak's power... i've been all over the map, cleared probably 10 locations, found a couple black books, and generally done everything except the main quest...

What can be done there, exactly? I've finished the main quest on one of my secondary characters (I started with my Bosmer, but felt the urge to play through it with a Dunmer character), but haven't spent much time around Raven Rock.

I need to post a few pics, show off my characters.

This is my archetypical, traditional, Nord Dragonborn. I wanted to do a playthrough that better fit the game lore.

post-9-0-14686100-1361138222.png

• Like 2

ask around raven rock for work, there's plenty of it... there's an ash spawn problem, corruption, and the whole closing of the mines too... those would be the main problems plaguing the city...

---------------------------

EDIT: wow, what a short main story... i spent a lot more time on the side quests... although, i ended up passing across some valuable items needed during the main quest apparently, which probably saved a bunch of time in that regard... it was fun, and i did get all wrapped up in another elder scroll tale and look forward to building a house next week... i am currently trying to learn how to craft with stalhrim, (probably a meaty quest-line i hope), gotta learn that shit before i head home :D...

the other positive was the stability of the add-on... it only crashed once... impressive...

I completed the Dragonborn quest a few days ago, I liked Apocrypha, it was a rather bizarre change from the norm. Also I had a mindcum when I first reached Soltheim, I noticed the volcano and just assumed it was on the island. Then I realised it was Red Mountain... My reaction was "ZOMGZORZ!!!!!!"

I feel the need to play through as a Nord now just so I can have an excuse to use the Nordic Carved Armour and weapons.

My Nord was going to wear that armor, but I found the mod with my current armor and it just wrecked my plans. That ramshackle combination of trophies from man and beast alike really makes him look grizzled and worldly.

That motherfucker has seen some shit.

Lurkers are pretty easy to beat with my melee "tough as fuckin' nails" Orc. Just keep circling while swinging my drain health Orcish war axe. I was reading about the Ebony Warrior and Karstaag... now they sound like a challenge. Pity the Ebony Warrior only appears at level 80 and i'll never reach that.

Oh and what's the point of riding a dragon if you can't actually fly it yourself? Plus you have to wait for one to appear so you can tame it. Can you ride Odahviing? I haven't tried. By the time the shout meter has recharged to allow you to use bend will he'll have buggered off.

nothing in this DLC was a challenge at all... i ran around in ragged robes for a while just to make it challenging...

yea, i was a little upset when i first rode a dragon... i thought i was fudging up the controls until i realized i had no control over that... i can only tell him who to attack, which was spotty and pointless too... it took too long to kill an enemy that i would of obliterated with one hit... i actually forgot they added that feature with this add-on until i saw miraak fly off on one... definately not the highlight of dragonborn...

i thought the story was pretty good, and the two towns featured are distinct and fun to romp around... i've only been to the mushroom town once, so i got no opinion of that place... i think i'll be heading back there though because the dude that knows about the black books lives there... perhaps i should go after the rest of them before i leave...

thirsk mead hall was an interesting questline... however, looking back on it, i should of stuck with my initial instinct and helped the reiklings now that i saw the final outcome for the nords taking the place...

So Hearthfire seems a little buggy, nothing game-breaking though. Mainly to do with the drafting table and carpenter's bench not displaying the correct things.

Playing this had really made me want to get back into Skyrim modding on the PC, but i'm hesitant to until i've got a newer comp. I want to build my own home out in the sticks and eventually turn it into a small town with a forge, a general shop, inn and farm.

yea, i thought hearthfire was buggy too... the game actually crashed a couple of times already last night... since it came out so late last night i didn't get a chance to really play around with this all that much... i got the basic starter home in falkreath, not sure how i choose where to build, but that's the letter i got...

i also ran into some poor little homeless girl selling flowers in windhelm... i didn't ask about adoption since i want to see what's available... i am sure every town has some poor vagabond selling flowers... and the foster home in riften probably has a few too...

There are only four or five children available for adoption. Since they are all human and not mer and i'm playing as an Orc i'm not going to bother for the time being. I also got the letter from the Falkreath steward when starting the game, and one telling me Breezehome could be updated to accommodate children.

I've finished the Falkreath one, I didn't know once something's been built it removes the other options. I wanted the enchanter's tower but i'd already built the storage room. Plus I accidentally did the storm call shout while in the house and all the furnishings went apeshit and are currently scattered all over the floor - i'm not clearing that shit up. Also it caused my bard to attack me and gave me a bounty... I CAN'T EVEN SHOUT IN MY OWN FUCKING HOME!

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, tis a good add-on that I have been looking forward to. I feel by using these new gameplay mechanics on the PC version people could make some epic buildable houses.

These are the three houses I use:

Hunter's Cabin, used by my Bosmer archer.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15878

Riverside Lodge, used by my Nord Dragonborn.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14308

And Dragon Falls Manor, used by my Dunmer archmage.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10901

My others live in the preexisting houses, except for my Dunmer assassin, who stores his things in Honeyside, but doesn't actually stay there.

Another exception is my orc, who doesn't collect loot or live anywhere. He uses the items from Portable Campsite.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9935

i was kind of uspet that when i built an item, it was already going in a pre-determined spot... i thought i had control over that... but yea, it's got a promising future as an add-on... but only with a new character... i doubt the house i build will be better than my place in windhelm, plus i really don't want to bring all that shit across skyrim to get it there... it would take a million trips, i already went through that when i moved out of the breezehome...

my new character should get great enjoyment out of building his own house while trekking through skyrim... plus, 5000 is cheaper than the breezehome, the only thing i would have to do was pay for supplies...

question: the game said i could gather my own lumber instead of paying for it... any idea how?? chopping it at a chop block or using the action at the lumber mills??