Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

if you have a house you should save the dragon bones... but early on, just sell them...

i still carry a pickaxe wherever i go... just out of habit i guess, plus the dragonborn add-on had new veins to harvest... not sure if dawnguard does or not, but it's something i've always carried with me anyways...

Can't beat the classic face. I can't tell if the bOnEs dragon is saying "COME ON THEN!!" or is just amazed by the fact it can fly.

The second one worked better, because of the hairline. I suppose I could've just found a dragon pic that would work better, but, meh. Wasted effort. I'm sure someone with skill will try their hand at it at some point.

Can't beat the classic face. I can't tell if the bOnEs dragon is saying "COME ON THEN!!" or is just amazed by the fact it can fly.

he's admiring the iron sword with a frost enchantment... in the second one i was passing gas... ivarstead will be a toxic wasteland for a few days until a wind from markarth pushes it to whiterun...

he's admiring the iron sword with a frost enchantment... in the second one i was passing gas... ivarstead will be a toxic wasteland for a few days until a wind from markarth pushes it to whiterun...

Sorry to sound like a nerd but Ivarstead is south-east of Whiterun, therefore a wind coming to Ivarstead from Markarth would have to pass Whiterun. :P

Rorikstead is west of Whiterun. I don't think there's another village between the two.

No there isn't, Karthwasten is north of Markarth on the way to Solitude so I don't think you can count that.

I've decided this game should come with a new warning label about time ceasing to exist while you're playing it. Five hours feels like five minutes.

I've decided this game should come with a new warning label about time ceasing to exist while you're playing it. Five hours feels like five minutes.

i hear that...

completed dawnguard earlier today... dragonborn was a lot better, i found the daedric world of this add-on a little lackluster, plus the long long long distances between objectives was a crappy way by the developers to stretch out that part of the game... serana was a great strong character though, as well as isram... but the story wasn't all that interesting, nor were the locations...

the coolest moment was approaching fort dawnguard for the first time... and the other when the bridge broke underneath me in another location, i didn't expect that... the crossbow wasn't all that good for my character at all... i could see it's advantages for low leveled characters, and the fact that i can now craft arrows is awesome...

welp, gonna start my new file either tonight or tomorrow morning... time to be an imperial redguard, a mixture of sword and magic... a man who wants to run an army of his own someday...

alkair01.jpg

meet alkair... yea, it's a play on words with altair :P... but adding the k made it sound middle-easternish, and more like a redguard name... he's in riverwood doing some light crafting to make a few bucks before morning arrives... then it's off to whiterun to tell the imperial led town of the happenings in helgen...

after using both fire and sword thru the first cave, i think i am gonna really enjoy playing this file... i have long range fire to weaken them up or kill them... then the sword for when they get in my face...

Whelp... Entered a cave today... Had to turn around.. The bug spider things are just too much... Tried to outrun them but then i got blasted by a magic spell by something deeper in the cave :(

Then i killed i goat and he was empty :(

And now ive somehow pissed off a dragon... fml.

Delve into enchanting, that's the easiest way. You'll run across items with bonuses like "20% extra damage with one-handed weapons," or "Does an additional 15% fire damage." Take these items to an enchanting table (every hold has one, usually in the Jarl's castle/longhouse/wherever they live. It's a table with a horned skull and a pentagram on it), select 'disenchant,' and you will have learned those bonuses, destroying the items on the process. You'll find soul gems all over the place, too. Pick these up whenever you find them, as they're used for enchanting.

Soul gems can be found either filled or empty. their quality goes, from weakest to strongest, in this order:

Petty

Common

Greater

Grand/Black

Try to get grand or black soul gems, as they're the most effective. The better the soul gem, the better the enchantment will be.

Filled soul gems are pretty common, but there are a lot of empty ones. These can be filled by using the Soul Trap spell, which can be bought from any court wizard (in the Jarl's place), or a soul trap enchantment on your weapon, which you will run into randomly. You can buy soul gems from court wizards, but they'll charge out the ass for them. Seriously, the soul gem market is the biggest scam in Tamriel.

An easy way to level enchanting is to save up all your shitty soul gems (petty-greater) and use them to place enchantments on random shit. That'll raise your enchanting skill, and raise the value of the items, which you can then sell and use the gold to buy those overpriced Grand or Black soul gems, or you can buy more shitty soul gems and keep raising your skill. Eventually, you'll fill the useful portion of the skill tree (the center-left portion of the tree is what matters), and can put two enchantment on your items.

That's enchanting. For the specific skill trees, just fill in whatever perks you find useful for one-handed, archery, whatever you're using.

My assassin character has a one-handed and sneak bonus on his boots, gloves, necklace, and ring. Combined with the perks from the sneak and one-handed weapons skill trees, and the upgrades and enchantments on the daggers themselves, each of my daggers does close to 200 damage, and 3000 damage on a sneak attack.

Another option to make things easier is stealth. Just crouching while walking around Whiterun at night will slowly raise your skill. Crouching all the time will level your sneak skill pretty effectively, and killing without being detected will raise it further. With all my enchantments, perks, and 100 sneak skill, I can crouch in broad daylight and not get spotted, sometimes. My perks and enchants make me over 100% harder to detect, I think it's around 130% or something.

Hey Qd, I've killed two dragons now, used my one-handed fire axe both times. Massacre gives some great tips, my sneak is at 52 just from sneaking constantly. I had spent a perk or two on alchemy and wish I'd used those for enchanting. I'm rocking enchanted apparel from h2t.

But, how do you hit them when your on the ground, and they are in the airl

I tried to use the torch magic power, but it does almost zero damage to a dragon...

Also, i used a scroll, and the thing i "conjured" ended up attacking me.

Unless you're an archer or a magic user, it's better to just wait for them to land. If you start using ranged attacks, they'll go with the flow and just stay airborne until you damage them too much to fly.

Dragons attack in a pattern, fly > attack > fly more because they're gay > attack, and not attacking them while they're flying tells the game that you can't attack them, so they land.