Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guest Marney1

Turns out that what I thought was my other bugged save file was actually an auto save one and I still had a manual save file which was only a few hours behind my most recent bugged one. I've turned auto saves off because I reckon that may be part of the problem.

So I'm back to where I left off (minus a couple of location finds which is nothing) without any sound problems and my first lesson passed off without a hitch. I'm back baby! Might add just one other manual save file in case Bethesda cast another spell on me.

Oh I think Handsome asked if I was having frame rate or freezing issues or something;

I've had the occasional half second freeze now and again and had a complete freeze 3 or 4 times which forced me to restart the console. I read somewhere that the PS3's problem could lie in the fact that unlike the 360's memory thing which is all together the PS3's memory thing or sumfin' or other is split into two...............or sumfing.

Lol i just was bored and planned to share the pic earlier, but then he died. I have only played it for 7 hours so not that attched yet, im getting there tho lol.

Guest Marney1

Oh yeah! That file I restarted on, LYDIA WAS STILL IN IT!!! So it's not all bad, my bitch is back too!

tumblr_luqz9diCLk1qzvbepo1_r2_500.jpg

Its nice to see lydia since i havent in the game. After taking me to his house hadvok or whatever just fucked off lol. Did lydia stay with u?

Guest Marney1

Its nice to see lydia since i havent in the game. After taking me to his house hadvok or whatever just fucked off lol. Did lydia stay with u?

She goes missing a lot then just as I've forgotten about her she does the creeping Jesus special by suddenly appearing next to me causing me to almost stick an arrow in her mouth. I think she just lags behind and has to find another route because I hop all over the mountains and walk around the cliff edges so I just imagine she's not as good as me, I'm something of a mountain goat.

Guest Marney1

Damn it. I have no problems with lagging, and now suddenly i get my first lag session and then it froze just as i killed a dragon!

Welcome to the club. :P

It's the patch i tell ya!

Well, I've made sure autosaves are turned off. I just think it's when too much is happening at once. I might even go solitary, leave the follower to guard my house, if that helps stop ridiculous lock-ups.

Besides the usual in-game freezes, I've had freezes on the load screen, freezes when loading the map, freezes when hunting wabbits, freezes when lockpicking, freezes when scrolling through my list of potions...

At least if my PS3 turns to goop internally, it's only 6 months old, so it's under warranty.

The only glitch I've come across is the side exit from Windhelm, The game loads me underneath the dock area outside the door. I just swim out from underneath. It's kind of cool.

The only annoying aspect of the game for me is not being able to Fus-Do-Rah Nelkir, the Jarl's son in Dragonsreach. If I hear him say "Another wanderer, here to lick my father's boots" one more time, everyone in Whiterun dies.

Anyway, for my second character, I plan to create an archer based on Ted Nugent. Which means I'll try to play through the entire game in only that white loincloth thingy.

Guest Marney1

You got the quests before going in there, right?

Yes but I'm just going round Skyrim marking locations on my map for when I decide to play the game properly. That's my 101st location that I haven't done anything in yet.

I planned to do that but i always go in the places, like this fort i found, i just had to investigate, got a lot of cool stuff tho, like some clown stuff and some robes that i denchanted from some magic guys. And i found a dungeon and a couple of keys. O that reminds me i still have the key to svens house, that night be handy.

Nightingale armour and a one-handed ebony sword makes you feel like a fucking badass.

Talking about fucking badasses:

I haunt got this game yet but I'm going to go ahead and assume this would be hard to do.

hmm, so the freezing/lag issues still exist, even after the patch?? it's an issue that was NEVER resolved with the fallout games... i am beginning to think it will never be resolved, and it actually sounds more frequent than the fallout issues... i now fear for the next fallout game if this is going to be the engine they use...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

Freeing up some (some read a lot after I deleted GT5) space on the PS3's harddrive seems to have smoothed things out for me, I still get the odd lag patch and an occasional freeze but 90% of the time now it's stable.

Also why are there so many dragons? I was near Rannveig's Fast when a dragon appeared, which I killed. Then I went into Rannveig's Fast and cleared it, came back out... another fucking dragon appeared. I thought fuck this I can't be bothered since it takes too long, so I buggered off and left the dragon circling over the mountain top.