Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

One thing I noticed as I've been playing is the number of times you get two or three people talking to you at the same time. So glad I'm not autistic.

Guest Marney1

I've had 2 diseases so far but only discovered I had them when I got cured. Don't remember anything popping up to tell me I'd caught anything though. Plus I met this fella who asked if I had any potions on me because he'd been attacked by a vampire - well, I just got the fuck outta there, wasn't going to take any chances after hearing DuPz0r and Psy's stories. :o

@Duff That was the first thing I noticed when I first played and thought wtf? But it hasn't happened much since.

But thats sounds like a lot of effort and thats if i ever get out of the annoyin temple. Im gunna get a dog tho if i get the dragon stone. Are all our quests the same? Or are ur guys different?

Everyone has the same quests. The main quests will be pretty much the same for everyone, and most side quests are picked up in the same way, but there are a lot of quests that pop up in different places, at different times, under different circumstances, plus there are plenty of quests that can be finished in multiple ways.

But thats sounds like a lot of effort and thats if i ever get out of the annoyin temple. Im gunna get a dog tho if i get the dragon stone. Are all our quests the same? Or are ur guys different?

Everyone has the same quests. The main quests will be pretty much the same for everyone, and most side quests are picked up in the same way, but there are a lot of quests that pop up in different places, at different times, under different circumstances, plus there are plenty of quests that can be finished in multiple ways.

O i see. Thanks for clearin it up.

Guest Marney1

My stats tell me I've stolen 5 horses, seems that each time you get off and then jump back on it counts as a seperate crime.

Wish there was some way of knowing how many hours I've played.

what's the estimated number of companions out there??? and if they die are you then tasked with taking all that inventory with you, or will that body stay there forever and you can fast-travel back and forth to collect it all??

ohh crap, is there a bounty in this game too?? i was quite the violator in oblivion...

My stats tell me I've stolen 5 horses, seems that each time you get off and then jump back on it counts as a seperate crime.

Wish there was some way of knowing how many hours I've played.

Look at your save file in-game, it will state how many hours have been played.

what's the estimated number of companions out there??? and if they die are you then tasked with taking all that inventory with you, or will that body stay there forever and you can fast-travel back and forth to collect it all??

ohh crap, is there a bounty in this game too?? i was quite the violator in oblivion...

Not sure about how many there are, i'd guess around 40 though. When they're on the verge of dying, they crouch down and enemies tend to stop hitting them and target you instead. So this gives them the chance to heal, but if they're hit during this time, for example; if you aren't near to take the agro, they can get killed easily. You can heal them and buff them etc.

Their body will remain there for some time, up to 30 in-game days I believe, but don't hold me to it. They could disappear after a few days or remain there forever...

Yes there is bounty, maximum of 1000 gold in each hold. Committing a crime in one hold doesn't transfer it to the other. You can get away with some crimes by paying small fines, being the Thane or bribing the guard.

Another thing I noticed (in the alchemy store at least), if you steal stuff in a shop, the items are eventually replaced. Unlike previous Elder Scrolls.

hold?? you mean, counties or towns?? so i could be wanted in one town, but free to do as i please in another?? what about the open countryside?? is that split up into distinct districts so i could be wanted in one, take 10 steps south and be free in another???

yea, i might start ramping up the questions in the next couple of weeks... i need to know some things so i am prepared for the epic journey in front of me... it's a MASSIVE world out there, i need all the tips and help i can get :D... i'll probably start browsing the wikia site as well to get familiar with specific characters and classes to determine my character built... i think i might just be a brute warrior anyways, with minor healing and magic spell abilities...

Guest Marney1

hold?? you mean, counties or towns?? so i could be wanted in one town, but free to do as i please in another?? what about the open countryside?? is that split up into distinct districts so i could be wanted in one, take 10 steps south and be free in another???

yea, i might start ramping up the questions in the next couple of weeks... i need to know some things so i am prepared for the epic journey in front of me... it's a MASSIVE world out there, i need all the tips and help i can get :D... i'll probably start browsing the wikia site as well to get familiar with specific characters and classes to determine my character built... i think i might just be a brute warrior anyways, with minor healing and magic spell abilities...

I think it's better if you don't know what creatures to expect, I've had a few surprises like hearing a growl then looking round to find myself staring at a huge Saber Cat I didn't even know existed. It's especially spooky too when you're taking a stroll through the woods and some weirdo ambushes you. The atmosphere is more tense for me because I don't know what I'll run into next.

oh no, i don't want to read any quest spoilers or enemy spoilers, or unique items and loot... when i read about those, i kinda skim through it... i like reading about adventures... i don't want to be spoiled, but i do want my questions answered... like this new question i just got;

how long does it take to fast-travel from one end of the map to the far reaches of the other end?? i think in fallout, traveling north to south took about 5 in-game hours over the fast-travel... as massive as this world is, i would almost think that it takes days to fast-travel across the landscape...

Guest Marney1

I checked my save file (thanks Indy - seems so obvious now) and I've only played 24 and a half hours, feels at least double that. I'm on Level 11 and so far my [small selection of] stats look like this:

• Main Quests 5
  • Side Quests 1
  • Mission Objectives 12
  • People Killed 52
  • Animals Killed 123
  • Creatures Killed 3
  • Undead Killed 62
  • Favourite Weapon: Steel Greatsword
  • Critical Strikes 18
  • Sneak Attacks 13

I'm still admiring the amazing scenery.

1749789-lakemountains_super.jpg

Guest Marney1

24 hours already for marney?!?! goodbye to my life, fuck... i thought marney was too busy for a game like this...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

I suppose I really should be sleeping between the hours 23:00 and 0:800.

Just done a cool long range sneak attack with my bow not sure if the stats register your longest shots but it was certainly my best so far.

marneys hidden in the woods, covered in orc piss to attract the females, on a ledge overlooking the river bank... still sniping in the medieval times i see :lol:... i could totally get into that character as well... i spent countless hours playing in the wilderness in red dead redemption, it's why i wrote a few guides for ireddead.com... if i was spending that much time out there, i figured i might as well document it...

Guest Marney1

marneys hidden in the woods, covered in orc piss to attract the females, on a ledge overlooking the river bank... still sniping in the medieval times i see :lol:... i could totally get into that character as well... i spent countless hours playing in the wilderness in red dead redemption, it's why i wrote a few guides for ireddead.com... if i was spending that much time out there, i figured i might as well document it...

Doesn't matter what game I play, if you can sneak around and take the enemy out silently then that's exactly what I do 90% of the time. :ph34r:"Not By Strength, By Guile"

Oh hello Lydia, nice of you to show up after 10 hours A.W.O.L.

yea, you need to play fallout when you're done with skyrim... i played a sneaky sniper character on a couple files on both games... don't forget, melee and unarmed attacks count as sneak attacks :D... if you can't get them with a sniper rifle, you can sneak up on them and take them out silently ;)...

which also applies in skyrim i only have to assume... if you can't get em with an arrow, then sneak up on them with a club and beat the shit out of them before they alert the rest of the camp...

Guest Marney1

yea, you need to play fallout when you're done with skyrim... i played a sneaky sniper character on a couple files on both games... don't forget, melee and unarmed attacks count as sneak attacks :D... if you can't get them with a sniper rifle, you can sneak up on them and take them out silently ;)...

which also applies in skyrim i only have to assume... if you can't get em with an arrow, then sneak up on them with a club and beat the shit out of them before they alert the rest of the camp...

Although I haven't played a Fallout game I can't imagine it would be a good idea to 'take a step back' as I presume Skyrim has everything plus more Fallout has. I think I know what the reply will be to that but go ahead, just be gentle. >.<

I've been skimming the very edge of the map all the way from true north and anti-clockwise and I'm only at SSE (South South East) now. It's probably taken so long because of all the sneaking I do and the obvious distractions you come by. During my tour of the outskirts I've come across 3 or 4 floating trees and missing pieces of rock big enough to walk into but if you're into cheating by firing arrows from inside a mountain face forget it, they bounce off from the inside too.

Also got myself wedged between some jagged rocks again but this time I just fast travelled to the nearest place so I could quickly get back to my tortoise paced tour.

I've had a little dabble with the Alchemy Labs and grinding wheel etc but haven't really looked into the Magic stuff yet, I'll move onto those things once I finish this lap. My map looks quite cluttered now with the 77 locations I've discovered and they'll all get a proper visit soon too. Just in the middle of helping a group of people to reclaim back their castle but only because I was promised 'anything I like' if I did. Best be worth it or I might have to give them the old arrow to the knee treatment.

@bOnes - Your companion can only die if YOU are the last one to hit her when she's down injured. NPC's can't kill her, they can just put her in the crouched recovery position, but if you hit her when she has low health, she can and will die, and won't respawn. I've had to reload a few times because I accidentally shot an arrow up her arse and she had about 200,000 gold worth of stuff on her body.

@bOnes again - From what I read somewhere else, the furthest 2 towns away (I think it might be Riften to Solitude) takes 25 hours of in game time to fast travel.

@Indy - All items in the game are eventually replaced (e.g. plants you've collected, or Ore you've mined) but it can take anything from 48 hours to a month of in game time before they show up again. Shop keepers' items are replaced every 48 hours in their inventory, but I'm not sure how often the items appear in the actual shop.

Have any of you found the invisible chest in Dawnstar? Head to the mine which is like straight ahead of where you'd quick travel, then while facing the mine entrance, you'll see a small pile of rocks to the left near a tree. Look directly down and walk around between the mountain and the tree and eventually you'll see a message appear to open a chest. There's around 1000 gold in it, and tons of potions, soul gems and enchanted weapons meaning you can earn around 10,000 from it at least. Seems to respawn after about a month of game time too.

Guest Marney1

I've just come across two hunter's in the snowy mountains east of Mistwatch and my gold isn't going up even though I'm selling things to them, their amount isn't coming down either. :huh:

Did u lot have a woman friend at the start? U keep saying lydia, no idea who that is. I had some bloke starting with H. Maybe i will find lydia later. Apparently you can get married on skyrim lol, read it yesterday.