Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Guest Marney1

Get Lydia back, dump all your shit on her, then tell her to fuck off back to Whiterun. She will be your storage space.

Also, the house in Whiterun is the cheapest.

Fuck, I best stop losing arrows and start finding gold. That and someone to buy these rare items I've been lugging around for days.

so, you can overload a follower?? fallout told ya when you hit that limit... i remember how long it took to get that shitty shack in the main city, in oblivion... it took a lot of work collecting the gold, i think i whored out the betting system in the arena...

Yours sincerely, A fine gentleman with an iPhone.

Guest Marney1

Rare items? What do ya got, me boy? As a representative of the Thieves Guild, I would be happy to take these items off your hands.

I'm not telling you because you'll probably laugh at me and say 'eeeeeeeeeeeee they're not rare' - they're rare for me.

Dragon bones

Guest Marney1

Since you're a cunt and haven't played Fallout 3/New Vegas, you haven't been in the Fallout topics. I'm very helpful when it comes to things like this.

I know you are but I'm not ready for help just yet, let me do a bit more exploring and get used to the 10 million weird names of people, items and places (thank fuck a horse is called a horse) and I'll no doubt come looking for you.

I'm actually going slow because I don't want bOnEs to feel left behind when he gets his copy off his grandma.

So I got it today, don't know what i'm meant to be doing but i've done a few lair things, that claw task etc. I'm currently in a lair called Brittleshin something or other... :huh:

I have no idea what the fuck is going on so i'm just going round blasting everything with my fire pretending this is SW:KOTOR and i'm a Sith who's lost his lightsaber. I chose the dark elf as my character for no apparent reason. I'll just have to get used to the layout of the HUD and navigating via the compass at the top, it's a bit weird not having a small map in the corner of the screen to orientate yourself... oh and I found Tommy Vercetti squatting under a tree.

Guest Marney1

@Massacre Would make sense if your real name is Massacre then.

I've been awake for about 40 hours and feel wide awake all of a sudden so I'll get back on with my surround sound on once she's pissed off to bed, hate using my headphones. Might make a start on my huge list of side quests.

So I take it bonEs and edit: Vicey will be joining this thread after Christmas then? :)

I don't think i'll become that attached to this game. It's alright, but I can't engage with it thus far. We'll see how my opinion changes after more than four hours of playing.

Guest Marney1

I don't think i'll become that attached to this game. It's alright, but I can't engage with it thus far. We'll see how my opinion changes after more than four hours of playing.

I felt exactly the same way but decided to just go at an almost real life pace. It's like you're expected to know everything from the start and it feels overbearing but I now realise I'll be getting lessons in the art of magic etc somewhere down the line. Just wander off anywhere and try to bring things down with your bow and arrow, go for a swim, climb a mountain or whatever - I'm really starting to understand how it all works now and it's exactly what an open-world experience should be. Glad I got it when I did.

i still read this topic, just to try and make sense of things... i am sure i too will be at a loss as to what to do... if it's anything at all like fallout though, i will probably be able to pick it up and do stuff right off the bat, but i too am clueless about the world of tameriel... i think that's what the world is called... i didn't learn enough in oblivion to know what's going on in the world...

do read the history books though, i got lost in them in oblivion, which sheds some light on the history of the world... don't wait for me marney, i am sure i will catch up to you soon enough... plus, on waiting i am giving bethesda a chance to fix this game save situation before i start playing...

Guest Marney1

@bOnEs I'll probably still be hunting shellfish with wooden arrows by the time you get the game so you'll no doubt overtake me anyway. I put my noobness down to never having played a decent 'thinking' game like Fallout before, I reckon you'll pick it up within a few hours.

If any of what I've said so far sounds negative it's just that I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all, there's just so much to learn but I'm loving every bit of it.

i think viceman was more negative than you... i don't really care, i know i will enjoy fucking around in the world, even if i ignore the main story and just become a fisherman, scavenger or blacksmith... i don't plan on blasting through the story, unless i feel the need to...

I'm playing it at a very slow pace, and I'm loving it. It can be a bitch to remember what it was you were doing/in the middle of, last time you played it, if you've left it three or four days between playing it that is. I was smithing a piece of armour and left it, and then went back thinking what fucking ore do i need again to get what ingot to finish of my smith list?!

This game is my game of the year though, for sure. I liked quite a few games this year, but this one stands clearly on top.

Guest Marney1

Didn't play last night, I remember asking the missus to hold the laptop for a sec then died on the couch in a sitting position and that's how I just woke up.

The whole place reminds me of the Scottish Highlands while parts of the rugged mountains feel like Tora Bora. Finding a good spot to take in the views of the waterfalls and rivers is one of the things I've found myself doing in the middle of a quest. So many distractions, but in a good way. Animals attacking other animals is good to watch and I've often tried to rescue a fox by killing the wolves that were trying to rip it to bits. I'm now also an expert ice floe hopper.

• Like 1

All I'll say to the new rimmers, is when you're out in the countryside, "wait" or manually save often. It's SO frustrating when you discover like 20 locations, collect tons of ingredients, then get killed by a bear and need to do it ALL again.

Thanks for the warning. I will probably be shit at this game but i think its kind of sounds like the sims castaway lol i have to convince a certain someone before i buy it, wish me luck lol.

Thanks massy, my rep goes up and i never no what post people have liked, there should be a way to click and be sent to all liked posts.

i still read this topic, just to try and make sense of things... i am sure i too will be at a loss as to what to do... if it's anything at all like fallout though, i will probably be able to pick it up and do stuff right off the bat, but i too am clueless about the world of tameriel... i think that's what the world is called... i didn't learn enough in oblivion to know what's going on in the world...

do read the history books though, i got lost in them in oblivion, which sheds some light on the history of the world... don't wait for me marney, i am sure i will catch up to you soon enough... plus, on waiting i am giving bethesda a chance to fix this game save situation before i start playing...

If you've played Fallout 3/NV (which you have, a lot), this game will feel very familiar. However, at the same time you'll definitely know that it's a vastly new experience. You'll understand when you begin.

For those who are interested; Nirn is the world in which the game takes place. Nirn is divided into five continents; Atmora, Akavir, Yokuda, Pyandonea, Aldmeris and Tamriel, which is the largest continent and where all of the games thus far have taken place. Tamriel is further divided into nine provinces; Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset Isle, Valenwood, Elsweyr and Black Marsh.