Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

cryodiil was where oblivion took place, right???

@psy - ohh, i am fully aware of saving often, especially form my experience with fallout... i didn't have that problem with new vegas, but in fallout 3, i can't count the amount of times i would be wandering around the landscape for hours, not realizing i hadn't saved, then the game crashes...

@indy - yea, i kinda figured it would feel familiar... but i know the atmosphere will make it an entirely new experience...

Guest Marney1

Just wandering round and came across a peculiar looking tree and remembered I picked up a treasure map of some sort, similar to those you find in RDR but I can't find it in my inventory. :mellow:

Wanted to compare the two in case there's more jew gold hidden there for me.

Got it for £3 something lol. I traded mafia 2 and uncharted 3 and still had £2 something on my game card. Cant wait to get home and play it.

Guest Marney1

Got it for £3 something lol. I traded mafia 2 and uncharted 3 and still had £2 something on my game card. Cant wait to get home and play it.

Xena Warrior Princess is on the way. :P

Nirnroot - Why is there a kind of musical vibration sound whenever you're near nirnroot?

Guest Marney1

Just to emphasize that it is magical, I suppose. If your Alchemy skill is high enough, you can use it to make an invisibility potion, amongst other things.

Alchemy is something I haven't even bothered with yet, not that there's any reason to rush, I'll get to it eventually.

Meanwhile, came across a couple of trolls for the first time. Me and the dog just watched them having a gay fight from our vantage point up on a ledge above their 'cave' then decided to loot the place when they were out of sight.

As we made our escape, not wanting to run into them, we were suddenly confronted by three Hired Thugs who told me they'd come to give me a beating for taking things that didn't belong to me. I paused to think wtf they were talking about then remembered I'd stolen a few apples from a hut earlier in the day - I tried to fight them off but was surrounded and decided to just leg it when the two gay trolls appeared.

Luckily for us the Hired Thugs' attention was quickly turned to them and we made our escape to continue our adventure. :)

Not xena. Its Eva.

She is human lookin i cant remember which i picked. Its an ok game, i mean it takes a lot to get used to. I am just getting some dragon stone thing and just got past the swinging blades. Im on level 3 atm. I will have to keep playin 2moro and see what happens.

I have died a lot :(

All I'll say to the new rimmers, is when you're out in the countryside, "wait" or manually save often. It's SO frustrating when you discover like 20 locations, collect tons of ingredients, then get killed by a bear and need to do it ALL again.

I have been saving frequently ever since I got killed by some random people after collecting loads of stuff in caves. I have that woman in tow now, whatever her name is, if she's killed will she return or is that it, is she gone for good?

Guest Marney1

35a8u3.jpg

I've gone back to my last save a few times after my dog kept getting murdered. Like Vicey's saying, do your companions return if they die or go missing?

Just found this pic of the same kind of dog but different name. Hopefully that means there's a few mutts knocking around Skyrim. :)

hound.jpg

Also:

skyrim-funny-19.jpg

:rolleyes:

I have seen a couple dogs so there are a few. I have a horse that apears everytime it loads, but i had to leave it to enter a temple, hope i get it back.

That dog looks like an irish wolf hound.

You can buy Vigilance for 500 gold from the guy at the stables outside of Markarth, you find Meeko on the road near Meeko's shack (when you find him, he'll bark, telling you to follow him, then lead you to the shack), and there's a random encounter where you'll see a dog fighting a pair of wolves, and the dog can become your companion if he survives. There's also a talking dog (Barbas) who will follow you during a quest, and if you don't finish the quest, then he'll follow you indefinitely, but he's not a proper follower, so when you're sneaking, it'll say you're detected because he can see you.

But, you can only have one humanoid follower and one dog follower at a time, so unfortunately, you can't run around with a pack of dogs. Shame, my wood elf was looking forward to having a trio of dogs with him. However, if you're playing on PC, there should be a mod soon enough that lets you have unlimited followers.

Guest Marney1

Hmmm looks like I'll be telling Meeko to piss of soon then, and yeah I wondered why I seemed detected when I thought I was out of sight.

And speaking of mods:

tumblr_lvynlqDMxN1qlgz51o1_500.jpg

Hmmm looks like I'll be telling Meeko to piss of soon then, and yeah I wondered why I seemed detected when I thought I was out of sight.

No, it's Barbas that fucks up your stealth, not Meeko. Meeko's a regular follower, so when you're stealthed, he is, too.

Also, :fap:

I still haven't got a horse, running around on foot like a fucking noob. Spent all my money on other useless shit. Meh,

Horses are a waste of money. It takes too long to get down if something attacks you and you decide to fight it instead of riding away, they'll wander off and get lost when you get off of them, they'll die quicker than you would on foot if you decide to take the short way down a mountain, and they'll fight enemies with you, which would be great if they didn't run into your arrows/magic while fighting.

Guest Marney1

No, it's Barbas that fucks up your stealth, not Meeko. Meeko's a regular follower, so when you're stealthed, he is, too.

The little shit doesn't do as he's told. I tell him to wait round the corner out of harms way in case a dragon rips his balls off but once the shit hits the fan he's running round attacking things. Plus the little prick barks when I'm creeping around.

Aw I love him though.

Ok, so I've been playing almost non stop since yesterday morning (save for watching the latest Harry Potter movie, so I've had a magical two days). I'm exclusively a mage (well, Arch-Mage now. I've got my own tropical garden in the same room I sleep in), but I use conjured swords a lot which improves one-handed combat as well. I've just finished the main quest and in case you didn't figure it out, the College's quests as well. I've almost finished thieves guild but I'm not doing the final mission as I want to keep the Skeleton Key until I get the perk that prevents picks from breaking.

I've said no to all followers so far. They only get in the way. If I need a hand I'll conjure a flame atronach (waiting to be able to conjure Dremora Lords...).

Whatever the fortify armour spell is, constantly casting it is such a cheap way of levelling up.

As for what I said earlier about glitching. After racking up 22 hours in two days I don't want to spoil my game so I'm easily avoiding that now. Becoming super powerful is boring.

I stole my horse, fuck buyin one. They are shit, dont go fast, i mean it should be father than walking...its not. But still its nice to have the company. I need to get a dog or something.

The little shit doesn't do as he's told. I tell him to wait round the corner out of harms way in case a dragon rips his balls off but once the shit hits the fan he's running round attacking things. Plus the little prick barks when I'm creeping around.

His barking won't get you discovered. Besides, he's just telling you he loves you.

Aw I love him though.

* gets jealous * i want a dog :(

I stole my horse, fuck buyin one. They are shit, dont go fast, i mean it should be father than walking...its not. But still its nice to have the company. I need to get a dog or something.

Only time I become a werewolf is when I need to travel a long distance.

Only time I become a werewolf is when I need to travel a long distance.

Showoff! ;)

* gets jealous * i want a dog :(

You can buy Vigilance for 500 gold from the guy at the stables outside of Markarth, you find Meeko on the road near Meeko's shack (when you find him, he'll bark, telling you to follow him, then lead you to the shack), and there's a random encounter where you'll see a dog fighting a pair of wolves, and the dog can become your companion if he survives.

Getting to Meeko from Morthal or Solitude should be pretty safe. Short walk, mostly through empty swamp.

But thats sounds like a lot of effort and thats if i ever get out of the annoyin temple. Im gunna get a dog tho if i get the dragon stone. Are all our quests the same? Or are ur guys different?