should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So gunny, after a bit of discussion we figured the discolouration shouldn't be a cause for concern yet. It could most likely just be the light or the strain you happen to have. My bigger concern is, what is the day-night cycle you have the plant on? Early in growth cannabis needs tons of sunlight. At current you're going to want to give it 16 hours day, 8 night, to try and keep it in a vegetative state.

Glad to hear the rainbow isn't an issue, I grew kind of attracted to it. Currently, I'm blasting lumens at it all day and all of the night...is that fucking it up further?? I was wondering if I shouldn't add a bit of a dark period, maybe four or six hours, to help redevelop the roots.

Glad to hear the rainbow isn't an issue, I grew kind of attracted to it. Currently, I'm blasting lumens at it all day and all of the night...is that fucking it up further?? I was wondering if I shouldn't add a bit of a dark period, maybe four or six hours, to help redevelop the roots.

Absolutely, most people I know run theirs off a terrarium timer so they don't have to manually switch the lights on and off. You're going to need to get it into a vegging cycle, otherwise, it won't properly bud. A buddy of mine put a seed in the jar on his window ledge and let it grow. I was tasked with watching it one day and basically just threw it out because it would have been to weak to yield anything anyway.

EDIT: Pretty sure you're still on my facebook, feel free to message me there if you need a quick answer and can't get me.

EDIT 2: So I was going to cover the basic information but after 5 seconds of googling this site explains it all better than I can:

http://www.weedsthatplease.com/growindoors.htm

Here's what you should be doing now:

http://www.weedsthatplease.com/vegetative.htm

Thanks for that trove of info, Chuck. I'll get it into an 18/6 cycle ASAP and hope them baby-roots is gon' be safe.

I only used weed that had a piney flavor. Have you only been smoking one strain?

Yes, unfortunately. :( Too little consistency around these parts, variety's the word. Most of it is here today, gone tomorrow.

I only used weed that had a piney flavor. Have you only been smoking one strain?

Yes, unfortunately. :( Too little consistency around these parts, variety's the word. Most of it is here today, gone tomorrow.

*Pats on the back*

There there, champ. Move to Colorado.

Seems to have repaired itself...despite the crip'd roots, it's flourishing without yellowing or drooping and looks to be loving its little green life. :D

I picked up some Superthrive and an organic fert, for when it's ready. To the greenthumbs that offered their helpful dvice, thank you. <3

• Like 1

Seems to have repaired itself...despite the crip'd roots, it's flourishing without yellowing or drooping and looks to be loving its little green life. :D

I picked up some Superthrive and an organic fert, for when it's ready. To the greenthumbs that offered their helpful dvice, thank you. <3

I really didn't see you as someone who would grow it, at least I assume that's what you're doing. Fair play

I really didn't see you as someone who would grow it, at least I assume that's what you're doing. Fair play

I didn't, either. Turned into an immensely pleasurable thing, this gardening did. :D

Can I just point out it's a weed. If you're growing a solid strain. Let it do it's thing. Don't over think it.

A weed it may be, but even the hardiest weeds function best with proper and ideal care, no?

Still doing very well, but I've noticed that there's almost no space between the nodes. I'm looking to train it horizontally, so a bit of vertical growth to tie down is necessary; trouble is, the wee thing is only 3" tall and already has five sets of leaves. The window to begin training is dwindling. Does anyone know if I can induce some stretch somehow, or would I be better off waiting to see if it'll develop some height soon?

Personally, I'd say wait for the height to grow and then tie it down. Honestly at this point you should probably just be watching. Don't worry about the node spacing, it'll probably fix itself once it has more height. But I have to agree, the spacing of your leaves is so perfect it's almost unnatural.

EDIT: Showed some friends. They thought you pulled it off google images. That's one fine specimen you've got there.

Thanks, Chuck. :blush: I worried it might be too late to train by the time it gains any vertical growth...do you suppose it's too young to be topped or FIM'ed?

EDIT: Recent pic...

RAvR3Vc.jpg

Edited by GunSmith

What if I flowered it at 3" tall?? :wacko: I realize I'd be left with a tiny pile of popcorn pulled off an 8" stalk, but I've heard of folks using a flowering light cycle from seed...how do they end up with anything in terms of weight??

EDIT: I just flipped it for the hell of it. #YOLO and such.

Edited by GunSmith