should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weren't able to move it indoors, Chuck? :(

I could've, but it would have involved me spending actual money on a setup, plus there's the chance that somebody tries to run in your house instead of just grabbing the shit from your yard and leaving.

Tried a couple of times. Kept getting crop-rustled. Eventually said fuck it. There's too many people in this town who are willing to run up a place for free weed.

Don't grow outdoors, dude. I mean, given your living situation, I realize indoors isn't really an option, but, try to make it work.

Tried a couple of times. Kept getting crop-rustled. Eventually said fuck it. There's too many people in this town who are willing to run up a place for free weed.

Don't grow outdoors, dude. I mean, given your living situation, I realize indoors isn't really an option, but, try to make it work.

I know indoor growers and dealers as well who've had their house run-up. I was there for one, 2 fuckers walked into a room of 8 of us packing. Then we realized this is Canada and they have a BB-gun and the one bastard was thoroughly pummelled (other got away). Still we started hiding the Machete under the couch after that.

Either way I'd prefer to stay a smoker and not a supplier. There's too much bullshit that comes with growing and/or dealing.

They knew better, where I was living. Had a very large dog and a gun cabinet that screamed 'Murica. Also, my house was in meth country, so there weren't a lot of stoners nearby.

i own my own house but i'd never bother with growing... i'm not that much of a stoner... plus, it's a hassle, a chore, and a hobby i just don't want to take on... it's a hell of a lot easier to just buy it... i can't imagine the cost and the time put into it would be as rewarding as spending an hour or so out of your day to hang out with your video gaming dealer every month or so...

i have a friend that will probably buy his first house (windows shopping ATM) where there's a place that he could do some growing indoors... he's waaaaay too much into the idea and the culture...

i own my own house but i'd never bother with growing... i'm not that much of a stoner... plus, it's a hassle, a chore, and a hobby i just don't want to take on... it's a hell of a lot easier to just buy it... i can't imagine the cost and the time put into it would be as rewarding as spending an hour or so out of your day to hang out with your video gaming dealer every month or so...

Actually the sense of satisfaction seeing your plants turn from little 1/2 foot pups into full 5-foot bushes is pretty great. It's the same sense of reward you get from doing any long tedious project like modelling, painting, woodworking etc. Pretty unrivalled in terms of fulfillment.

Same with that sense of loathing and disappointment when you walk out and see the hole in the ground where your once beautiful product of time, sweat, and effort used to reside.

• Like 2

^Ditto. Bearing witness to even the slightest development of the tiniest young thing is a great feeling.

Even if I end up with nothing to use, the sheer delight of this will have been well worth the trouble.

My little green friend went yella and died. Oh, well.

bOnEs, my pal's a city-slicker, too, but my pal still has a minuscule crop started. My pal is extremely pleased with my pal's fledgling garden so far:

BHIrsmF.jpg

My pal believes my pal's seedling to be possessed. Its second leaves, tri-fingered, are beginning to come in fully, but they've got a strange purple hue to them as well as a small amount of yellowing. The yellowing is also present on the first set of leaves, but to a slightly greater extent and concentrated towards the stem. My pal loves the color scheme, but my pal worries it might indicate an unhealthy seedling. My pal has provided it with nothing but water and a low-concentration solution of molasses. My pal was wondering if any of the insightful farmers here can advise my pal.

My pal believes my pal's seedling to be possessed. Its second leaves, tri-fingered, are beginning to come in fully, but they've got a strange purple hue to them as well as a small amount of yellowing. The yellowing is also present on the first set of leaves, but to a slightly greater extent and concentrated towards the stem. My pal loves the color scheme, but my pal worries it might indicate an unhealthy seedling. My pal has provided it with nothing but water and a low-concentration solution of molasses. My pal was wondering if any of the insightful farmers here can advise my pal.

Not a pro here, I just know what I know from the multitudes of different stoners and growers I know. But he is right, that can be the sign of a nutrient deficiency. It might help if you can give us a detailed description or photo of the exact way it's yellowing, sometimes it can be a problem, othertimes it can be nothing. That fact that you state the older leaves are more yellow is a big thing. Were they always this way or did this start after the second set came in? If the second is the case I would put my bet on nutrient deficiency.

• Like 1

f72AiET.jpg

Notice the bases of the first leaves showing that strange fuckin' yellow-green. The purple is more visible if you zoom in. Also, the leaf at right acquired that burn from a bulb when my pal neglected it for a day. Oddly, the symptoms started after the burn; my pal wonders if it might be heat stress?

My pal has it in a small pot indoors under CFL. My pal says it grew a bit more today; the second leaves are considerably larger than in the previous picture, but the two fingers on the outside of the leaves are curling in toward the center, forming something that's reminiscent of a cactus flower. With all this phenomena, my pal thinks it might be a specimen from the Amityville Kush strain. :wacko: