I have something a little more cool to show. It's still crude, and i probably wont even need to finish it since GTA V is out in two weeks. But who knows, once the game is out, i could make some use of a finished version.

It's a quick sketch up of our map terrain in 3D so you can move it around and stuff.

*awesomeness*

That looks fucking awesome! I'll definitely give it a better look when I get home from work!

Just noticed this and not sure if it's old news or not but there are two different dams? You can see the one on the right in the screencap but it looks a lot different than the Land Act Dam we seen in the gameplay trailer and screenshot..

trailer-4-the-great-city-of-los-santos.jpg

official-screenshot-nice-dam-view-of-the-city.jpg

Nah man haha I also thought this. But no, those two are the same dams.

Or at least thats what I heard! But I kinda hope now thats theres two.. the more structures the better!

Just noticed this and not sure if it's old news or not but there are two different dams? You can see the one on the right in the screencap but it looks a lot different than the Land Act Dam we seen in the gameplay trailer and screenshot..

Or at least thats what I heard! But I kinda hope now thats theres two.. the more structures the better!

Idk how they could possibly be the same dam if the one has mountains on each side while the other does not..

Yeah, definitely not the same. One is obscured by mountains, the other is not. And they're structurally different.

When were the two screens released? And how do we know that this isn't the same Dam taken at different times in the development of the game? ( where the look of the Dam has been tweaked )

Some real interesting info in this video. And if he is telling the truth... holy shit. Skip to 7:50 in the video.

OPIXQzu.jpg

Legit, i have my sources

They are different dams. Look at the position of the downtown scrapers... They're clearly in different locations.

It's hard to tell, due to the differences in perspectives.

You could be right, but why would there be two Dams? It doesn't make sense, having two dams that close to each other ( unless of course they're both part of the same reservoir )

How many Dams does real life L.A. have? ( and what does the design look like? )

official-screenshot-nice-dam-view-of-the-city.jpg

That same dam is in the gameplay trailer when the Private Jet flies over it. You mean you're telling me Rockstar changed the complete layout of that dam that close to launch? No they didn't. There's definitely 2 dams.

• Like 1

That same dam is in the gameplay trailer when the Private Jet flies over it. You mean you're telling me Rockstar changed the complete layout of that dam that close to launch? No they didn't. There's definitely 2 dams.

We don't know when the gameplay was taken in that Gameplay Trailer. It could of been taken from months before the trailer was even made, let alone released. ( The same goes for the other Trailers & Screens )

So just because the Gameplay Trailer came out recently, doesn't mean the footage shown in it is new. Or that the features of the map haven't been changed in the months since it was taken.

I don't think we can definitely say that there are two Dams, so I think I'll reserve any final judgement until I actually see the game.

*EDIT - I'm wrong. Both Dams look like 2 real-world counterparts within 5 miles of each other in L.A.

from what i can find la only has 1 dam

the pic i left is likely based on this real life dam as the one in la is called Mulholland Dam and is located in hollywood, it has hollywood Reservoir behind it (also known as lake hollywood)

the pic i left is likely based on this real life dam as the one in la is called Mulholland Dam and is located in hollywood, it has hollywood Reservoir behind it (also known as lake hollywood)

Los Angeles County has at least 116 dams.

• Like 2

I'm sure most of you figured this out by now but here anyway...

Mulholland Dam

Lake_Hollywood_Reservoir_by_clinton_steeds.jpg

EDIT:

the pic i left is likely based on this real life dam as the one in la is called Mulholland Dam

<_<

• Like 1

Los Angeles County has at least 116 dams.

but how many of them are like the dams we see in the screen shots ;)

The locations of Mulholland & Pacoima Dams ( Mulholland is labelled "A" & Pacoima "B" ) ~

TwoDams_zps9b2d2c57.png

Mulholland Dam ( & Hollywood Reservoir ) ~

Lake_Hollywood_Reservoir_by_clinton_steeds.jpg

Pacoima Dam ( & Pacoima Reservoir ) ( In GTA V it's called "Land Act Dam" as seen in the Screen below ) ~

800px-Pacoima_Dam.jpgofficial-screenshot-nice-dam-view-of-the-city.jpgLandActDam_zps83e25292.png

So I guess I was wrong. It looks like there will be two Dams in GTA V.

Added/updated some GTA 5 landmarks. I'm sure I'll find more tomorrow.

One of the interesting ones was the dam:

pacoimadam.jpg

The influence on the right is the Pacoima Dam in the San Gabriel Mountains (north of LA city).

• Like 4