"The upcoming multiplatform video game, “GTA 5,” will be adding a hierarchies system to the Rockstar Games Social Club feature. As reported by Gaming Phanatic on Aug. 29, the new addition should help crews from the latest “Grand Theft Auto” installment be better organized.

Under the hierarchies system in “GTA 5,” players are divided into five different groups. The crew leader is the most powerful member as he is the only one capable of assigned rank to any other members. The two assigned commissioners are described as the right-hand men or women who could invite or promote others from within the crew.

Three lieutenants also have limited abilities such as deciding who to demote or promote. Four members of the crew may also be designated as representatives who have some basic recruiting responsibilities. The rest of the new hierarchies system is made up of lower-rank individual called “muscles.”

Players will be able to test out the new Rockstar Games Social Club feature when the “Grand Theft Auto Online” mode is activated on Oct. 1. A small patch will be released to activate the online multiplayer features of the open-world action adventure video game." -Examiner Website

What do you guys think? It might be real but its from the Examiner so who knows.

i wouldnt trust that... they are idiots...

I like the idea of a multi player online game and all, but id also like the freedom of a free roam, or something closer to the Party Mode in Gta4. I don't mind playing with other people every now and then, but having some alone time is even better. Maybe being able to set up an isolative game like party mode where you can allow people to join if they want, or you can go solo for awhile till you've honed your skills.

• Like 1

So, you essentially want a multiplayer game where you don't actually play with other people, but you can build up your skills and do missions within the GTA V world?

I have good news for you! There's a game just like that coming out in two weeks!

I like the idea of a multi player online game and all, but id also like the freedom of a free roam, or something closer to the Party Mode in Gta4. I don't mind playing with other people every now and then, but having some alone time is even better. Maybe being able to set up an isolative game like party mode where you can allow people to join if they want, or you can go solo for awhile till you've honed your skills.

you can set up private lobbies with invite only from what i remember in an interview.

NOW....what i'm wondering is how we start. Will we be 'bums on the street' or have a starter safe house/trailer or some shit like that. I didn't miss that anywhere did i? can only look so much b4 goin crosseyed

Now we have a better understanding of how the character creation works in the start of Online...

(choose the genetic parents, and see the outcome.)

...will it still feel like you're creating a character, or just choosing a random genetic look, and hoping for the best? It feels almost like it's going to be someone you'll grow to love over time - rather than be like "ima create me" kinda shit - almost like in real life where you have a baby by choosing its looks from its mother/father.

Wat u fink?

I like it. Also liked the bit about

crew members getting different objectives for the same mission

that got me really excited.

• Like 1

about the 'crews' that you can form to perform heists. is that on the fly?, like the posse system from red dead?

my understanding is it can be done on the fly in free roam or there is a menu option for it.

i believe when you go online it prioritizes people on your friends list and the member of the crews you have joined on the social club, making playing with them mor likely than getting 15 randoms (in the case of free foam)

*Shoots the blimp with a sniper rifle and recreates the Hindenburg over LS* xD

Oh the humanity!!

Damn it. You beat me to it!

I've found that getting my pals to join my crew as been like pulling teeth, they're all so busy and don't really understand the point of crews yet...

That's why I'm only part of two crews. I'll be trying my best to join them as often as I can but at the end of the day I want to play with people who regularly play at the same time as me rather than forever scheduling games.

• Like 2

I find if I wear my GTA shirts around at work and social events, anyone who comes up excited about the game, I'll invite them to my crew. Works well so far...

Most people don't exactly like the fact that Grand Theft Auto Online is being pushed back until after the release of Grand Theft Auto V. I see why Rockstar may have done this, though. For one, they're most definitely still working on improvements for it. Which is good, they should take all the time they need. Another reason is so people will actually play the single player story. I mean, nowadays when a game comes out people go right into the multiplayer and don't touch the story. They've worked really hard on this one though so I'm sure they want people to at least dig into it even a fraction before GTA Online is launched. Plus, it gives everyone a chance to get a feel for the game and learn everything there is before they start there gang or empire.

What does everyone else think about this?

I'm trying to slowly let you get an understanding of how things work, because there's a chance you might be one of the ones who stick around, but you've got to learn faster. We try to keep the GTA V section neat and organized, because we get constant spam topics. We have one general topic per subject here, because people don't use the search feature and will make a duplicate topic if what they're looking for isn't on the top of the list.

We already have a GTA Online topic, so I'll merge this into it.

Edit: Although, had I actually read his post, I would not have bothered.

• Like 1