Massacre

Assassin's Creed

Im not feeling the 40% sea thing. I hated the naval missions in 3 and it felt impossible to not get hit by the canonballs. And you were limited on how to attack, but at least they added backwards barrels. They have milked the AC franchise and no storyline yet except, Kenway is a pirate, meet other pirates, kill stupid gaurds, LOVE IT!!! Ill see some reviews and hands on gameplay by sone small youtubers.

I think the naval part of AC3 was one of the better features, AC4 looks to expand on it greatly and by the looks of it, this game will have much more options with the ship.

To me though if the games are going to continue to do well, they need an improved storyline and not just improved gameplay for AC4: Black Flag.

the only thing AC can continue to do to stay relevant is to continue to take risks... they already have the lore and world, it's up to them to find that point in history to drop in to... if they continue to make it feel right, it's worth the chance... and really, AC3 felt right, but it was a game style that didn't mesh well... a hunter stuck running through trees in colonial cities that were way too spaced out... with the focus on the sea battles though, i feel like this game is going out on one of those limbs connor used to stalk from...

it's a bold change of events, but it also sounds like one that they're focused on if they want to flesh out the kenway family tree, like the altair one... there's still hatham's story to be told, and probably one we'll either see later in this game, or in the series... kenway could be the next ezio if they actually make this game into what it looks to be; an epic swashbuckling series...

rumor has it that kenway is on good terms with both the templars and the assassins... makes sense...

I've realised why AC3 wasn't as good as the other games, it was mainly because of the lack of landmarks in the map. I mean all the other games had significant landmarks: Temple Mount, the Colosseum, even AC:Revelations, (which had the best map imo) had lots of landmarks. The frontier too was just boring, it was the same thing over and over again.

I doubt Edward Kenway will last more than one game since Haytham is born in 1725 and they won't make a game purely on him since

he is a Templar

and was playable during AC3.

I've realised why AC3 wasn't as good as the other games, it was mainly because of the lack of landmarks in the map. I mean all the other games had significant landmarks: Temple Mount, the Colosseum, even AC:Revelations, (which had the best map imo) had lots of landmarks. The frontier too was just boring, it was the same thing over and over again.

I doubt Edward Kenway will last more than one game since Haytham is born in 1725 and they won't make a game purely on him since <spoiler> he is a Templar </spoiler> and was playable during AC3.

[spoiler.] ... [/spoiler.] not <Spoiler>

they said the story would show that kenway knows people from both sides, being a pirate and all... it would seem like he has his resources... it wouldn't surprise me either if blackbeard was a templar, trying to get closer to kenways secrets :P...

Ergh, I was hoping that the sharks in this game would be itsy bitsy.

acshark610.jpg

acbf03.jpg

What is this, yeah of sharks making you shit your pants in games? First Far Cry 3, then GTA V, and now this? I don't know if I'll be able to go in the water in this game.

unbelievable!! this really really looks good, and every time i see new stuff, i am surprised at how true it looks and feels... this really feels like a pirate game to me... and seeing this latest video really adds to that for me... they did find a way to fit the assassin style into the era of piracy... i was a little worried, but the platforming appears to still be there, and with more combat options this time around...

I'm pretty bored, so I made these, too.

post-9-0-92644000-1375939270_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-21400100-1375939274_thumb.jpg

I've started converting them to jpg, because Windows, for whatever reason, doesn't want to acknowledge my pngs in the desktop selection menu, and I'm too lazy to set them as my desktop from the folder they're in.

As with anything I make, re-size available upon request, blah blah blah. The forums are re-sizing them to 1200x675, anyway. They're supposed to be 1600x900.

I'm thinking of doing a few for Fallout or Skyrim, but I'm not very motivated at the moment.

I'm thinking of doing a few for Fallout or Skyrim, but I'm not very motivated at the moment.

Please do, should the motivation ever strike you. I'd love to see what you can do with the post-apocalyptic theme.

maaaann.... why does this have to come out after GTAV?!?!

Since I got into the series, this will be the first AC game I won't get on release day...cause let's face it...

• Like 1

maaaann.... why does this have to come out after GTAV?!?!

After looking at this, it seems this is the game that AC3 should have been. There's no way i'll get this on ps3, I'll have to get this late this year or early next year or something on PS4, hopefully within a bundle or something.

The character movements are somewhat similar to AC3 but the actual vista they have created there, doesn't look too bad at all.

i did pre-order black flag, so i guess i'll still go pick up my copy, but i won't actually start playing it until i take a small break with GTAV... which could even be around release day... it's just that i won't truly get to immerse myself until after i finally came back to my senses from GTAV, which could be quite a while...

i kind of don't want to half-ass my way thru it because i am still playing V... i love piracy, and i feel like to do it justice, i need to be fully prepared to jump into the story... which is why it probably will have to sit on the shelf for a while :(...

Nothing wrong with having a worthy title waiting for you. Plus, after a while of supersaturation with GTAV, especially you staff types, it's nice to have the option to change gears.

I won't be buying it on release day or anytime afterwards because I don't want to detract from either game. I like to get fully immersed in a new game when I play it, I wouldn't want to keep jumping back and forth from being a pirate roaming the Caribbean to stealing cars and robbing jewelry shops. Once i'm sufficiently done with GTA V (can't believe i'm even thinking that) then i'll get AC IV.