Massacre

Assassin's Creed

yea i saw that one already, post something new :angry:...

:P... i really wish there were sea battles for the multiplayer... i would actually play multiplayer if there were... i think ubisoft is making a big mistake by not including them... something tells me they're holding off on those to sell us a DLC pack :(... for shame, the game is about piracy, and they're gonna loot our pockets for something that should of been a part of the original game...

Completely awesome. The underwater sequence is incredible, I love the true-to-period mechanisms. I hope they are able to give some variety to the different villages and islands, just to keep things fresh and not as repetitive as AC can feel sometimes.

Has there been any info on multiplayer for this game yet?...cause it would be fucking awesome if they created a similar version of the R*SC crew system for Black Flag...we could have a pirate crew and plunder the islands together!!! Arrrrrrr....

welp, with the state of GTAO, and my love of GTAV slowly fading with each day spent roaming for hours, it looks like i'll probably be playing this day 1 now... no midnight release pickup, but i'll be getting my sea legs right away...

• Like 2

apparently you're unfamiliar with the lost spanish fleet of 1715... 11 ships carrying tons and tons and tons of silver were lost in a hurricane... i am assuming that by today's standards, it would of been worth way way more than the 200 million the three amigos snatched from the union depository...

Yeah despite me saying I wasn't going to get it on release day I ended up doing so. I had 14 quid left on a gift card I was going to put towards it but the shop we ended up going to didn't take the card, so I paid full price after all. The bloke said it was the first one he'd sold all day.

It's not bad, it just feels very restrictive after GTA V with having to load when sailing into cities and not being able to dive underwater wherever I want.

i didn't get far enough to open up the seas because i only had enough time to play for a couple of hours... i mean, i think they are open now, but i am wrapping up stuff in the city at the moment before i leave, gotta see the end of the quest i am on...

i love the opening, and i love the initial reasoning behind the garb... there seems to be a bit of charm with the story so far, but it still feels very much like an assassins game... and that system is starting to really feel old and dated... but holy cow, the sea battles are gonna be a lot of fun!! and this is by far the best looking AC game, and one of the best looking games this year...

hopefully tonight after work i can log in a few more hours, supposedly this game has a loong single player campaign...

I've got a few upgrades for the Jackdaw, took over a fort, cleared a few islands of treasure and such. It's a good distraction from the story. My ship isn't strong enough to best a frigate yet, but i'm getting there. I have no idea where the story is going and what the ending's going to be like, which is nice.

• Like 1

In an attempt to stop myself from rushing out to purchase this, I made Edward in Skyrim. My game has proceeded to crash every time I try to play it.

Clearly, Edward is too cool for Skyrim to deal with. And I have nothing to distract me from this game.

• Like 1

well, i've tried to take on a few ships too strong for me and died... since there's no penalty for dying i kept at one and eventually got the upper hand... you can always take on smaller ships to repair your ship after winning the battle, otherwise if you die you start out in a fully repaired ship (unless mine was always fully repaired before entering the battle)... and i guess there's notoriety as well... destroy too many and they send the navy after you... i haven't taken one of those big boys down yet, but i will ;)...

it's fun, the pirating part anyways... the land stuff screams ACIII and it's just as clunky as i remembered it... seriously, that portion of the game needs to be overhauled a bit because it still has it's issues... the formula needs a fresh coat of paint... the free aiming pistols help a little but that eliminates the stealth approach... and yes, the stealth has been vastly improved... i actually feel like an assassin again, i can sneak thru just about any area i encounter... III was too action oriented, this one can reward you for being clever sometimes...

i've met some interesting characters so far, and chased down some contracts as well... fought some guys at a bar, hunted a shark, and scrounged thru some small islands for loot... it really does feel like a pirate game when your out at sea... it's a pleasant experience :D...

i just think there might be too many ships at sea... i've hit ones i wasn't even aiming at just because they were passing thru the skirmish... it's caused a few awkward moments...

EDIT:

edwardcreep.jpg

" Good lord, is that creepy guy still staring at me? "

I really like Edward's armor. Still doesn't top Ezio's Revelations armor for me, but it's close.

the other armor options are pretty slick too, gotta save up for a couple of them...

man, i am getting sucked in with each passing hour... i grabbed all the add-on content from this pack;

710x330_AC4_blackislandv2.jpg

the sails and guns are nice... the outfit is cool, but a little flashy... i've been chipping away at upgrading the jackdaw and doing a lot of hunting... i have a ton of pelts but i haven't unlocked the means to use them yet apparently... oh, and i bagged myself a whale :D...

well, i've tried to take on a few ships too strong for me and died... since there's no penalty for dying i kept at one and eventually got the upper hand... you can always take on smaller ships to repair your ship after winning the battle, otherwise if you die you start out in a fully repaired ship (unless mine was always fully repaired before entering the battle)... and i guess there's notoriety as well... destroy too many and they send the navy after you... i haven't taken one of those big boys down yet, but i will ;)

I can easily take down frigates now and also took on a man o' war or two. Those legendary ships though, fuck are they hard. Once you know each ship's strategy you can counter it, brigs just go for you with the ram so you lure them in and then drop fire barrels while speeding away, frigates you just try to circle them and stay behind them while pummeling their backside with your big black balls.

I've even stopped attacking schooners now as they are small fry. Although I do go for them when I need repairs. What does the "send to fleet" option actually do? Apparently I need to be signed in to PSN and the Uplay thing to make it work.

In an attempt to stop myself from rushing out to purchase this, I made Edward in Skyrim. My game has proceeded to crash every time I try to play it. Clearly, Edward is too cool for Skyrim to deal with. And I have nothing to distract me from this game.

AAARRRRRRRRR!! Ye know ye want t' *tempts*