Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I just seen the demo now, to be honest the animations are too AC3 like and it doesn't look like much has changed. I like AC a lot, but I'm not paying full price for this game, I will wait till it becomes much cheaper or buy it 2nd hand.

Quite a disappointment really.

• Like 1

I guess if the protag is a pirate who doesn't obey the rules they can use that as an excuse for him not to do anything actually Assassin or First Civilisation related.

"Fuck looking for ancient artifacts lets just drink rum and rape the women! Arrrrr!!!"

I'll see how Black Flag turns out before I decide whether or not I agree with you. They're probably going the way of CoD, putting a new skin on the same package every year, but if I play Black Flag and feel like they're still keeping things fresh, then I'll keep going back until I feel otherwise, or they use a time period or character that doesn't interest me.

Played ACIII a bit tonight to re-familiarize myself with the controls and whatnot. I forgot how shitty a lot of things are. Connor often refuses to hide in bushes at times when hiding in bushes is the only thing that can prevent him from being sodomized by a musket, he randomly turns and jumps from a three story building to the ground rather than onto the climbable tree branch I had him running in the direction of, and guards randomly attacked me when I had no notoriety and was not in a restricted area.

Needless to say, I'm kind of leaning towards Watch_Dogs again. This back-and-forth is maddening.

the touchy controls on rooftops and running around bugged me a lot with AC3, especially in the last memory sequence... with a larger focus on freeroaming the caribbean though, i can probably overlook this when on land... but they better of worked on his awareness level a little... too many times i fell behind on chases or completely jumped out of rooftop stalking into a crowd of red coats...

the caribbean will be even more open and spaced out than colonial america... but i think the abundance of jungle foliage will add a new dimension to the stalking parts... it just didn't work in AC3, and i blame the wide open areas, and lack of tree navigation despite them touting it... there was select areas to start and pick up in, but they felt way too linear...

One thing I noticed in the ACIV demo was the massive amount of foliage to hide in when they hit the jungle, and I think those parts will be easier as long as they fix the character's refusal to hide.

Another issue is crowds of people. Whenever I had to follow someone from ground level, I felt there weren't enough people to blend with, but when I had to chase someone at ground level, it seemed like everyone in the city turned up to stand in my way and make me unrealistically trip every ten feet. If they could balance that a bit better, things would be a lot easier in the city.

One thing I noticed in the ACIV demo was the massive amount of foliage to hide in when they hit the jungle, and I think those parts will be easier as long as they fix the character's refusal to hide.

Another issue is crowds of people. Whenever I had to follow someone from ground level, I felt there weren't enough people to blend with, but when I had to chase someone at ground level, it seemed like everyone in the city turned up to stand in my way and make me unrealistically trip every ten feet. If they could balance that a bit better, things would be a lot easier in the city.

They do that on purpose to make it as frustrating as possible. Playing through the end of ACII a few weeks ago when you are carrying the POE to the meet with Borgia... You could see the dozens of people carrying crates waiting round corners ready to leap out on you when you pass through a certain trigger. It's funny how they conveniently decide to walk exactly where you are walking and bump into you.

who want's to hear a sea shanty?? :lol:... that playstation "greatness awaits" commercial video was turned into an interactive easter egg video where you stop the video and explore scenes for cool little easter eggs... i snagged an infamous 2 exclusive artwork and a song from the watch dogs soundtrack... oh and of course this sea shanty :D...

go here...

http://www.youtube.c...greatnessawaits

after watching the whole thing once, jump to the 1:23-ish mark hit the explore button below the video... it's the last scene, click on the pirate flag next to the ship... i have a feeling i'll be humming this labor song while at work slaving away myself... it's things like this that get me hyped up, i can't believe there's a pirate game only months away!!

Only on 4/9 so far. I really like that Watch_Dogs track. Good stuff. I'm trying to explore thoroughly, but that pirate ship in the distance is making me eager to move on.

It's growing on me i'll admit. I'm still not sure about release day though, i'll still be caked in GTA V-related creamy goodness at the end of October, probably fused to my bed by that time...

• Like 1

what, really? if those end up on netflix like spartacus did then it'll give me an excuse to use it again... i have a friends login information and have had it for months and months and i still haven't gotten on there... i'll watch anything with a pirate premise...

for the video above, this is starting to look like a much better game than AC3... playing kenway looks like a lot of fun...

Irrelevant to the current conversation, but in my opinion, AC has become the third person CoD. Since AC2, Ubisoft has milked the shit out of the series. AC IV does look pretty good, but so did AC3 and that game was a total disappointment. God I hope Ubisoft doesn't do the same to the Far Cry series...

what, really? if those end up on netflix like spartacus did then it'll give me an excuse to use it again... i have a friends login information and have had it for months and months and i still haven't gotten on there... i'll watch anything with a pirate premise...

Yep. It's a prequel to Treasure Island. Not much information beyond that and the cast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Island

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/

ohh, cause treasure island was a fantasy tale about pirates, i was kinda hoping for a realistic tale... and figuring it was cable, i thought it would be gritty and true... it could still be i guess, but the treasure island thing kinda put me off...

there's not really much history on pirates burying treasure, at all :lol:, or treasure maps... AC is tapping into the fantasy realm as well, but every pirate fiction and tale has anyways... i'm not too bothered by it though, i still want to be a pirate no matter what the game tells me to do to be one in the first place...

Well, it's a prequel, so it won't have that coming-of-age vibe, and Starz wouldn't have bothered if they didn't plan to stuff as much blood and full-frontal male nudity into it as they did with Spartacus.

Im not feeling the 40% sea thing. I hated the naval missions in 3 and it felt impossible to not get hit by the canonballs. And you were limited on how to attack, but at least they added backwards barrels. They have milked the AC franchise and no storyline yet except, Kenway is a pirate, meet other pirates, kill stupid gaurds, LOVE IT!!! Ill see some reviews and hands on gameplay by sone small youtubers.