Massacre

Fallout

Whoa, Handsome, great tits in your avatar image. Do they have a name?

Not really. It's just some random cosplay chick I came across.

I better stay on topic, so here's some tits.

You've probably all seen them, but I thought I'd add them for future reference.

For reference for anyone going for Alien Archivist don't use this for help http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Captive_recorded_log

1. Waste Disposal (via Maintenance Level) As mentioned above you MUST get this before entering the airlock! (1 total) (note that you can do step 3, 4, and 5 in any order)
    • The recording {19} is in the southwest portion of the waste disposal map, to the right as you enter the 'ambush' room (after Sally mentions their radios going quiet, after traversing the string of rooms she unlocks for you one-by-one). Also, you will want to pick up the samurai's sword which is located in a closet that is full of medical supplies that you encounter just before you teleport from this area.

See how it DOESN'T mention that you cant get there if you destroy the 3 generators? It only mentions you being unable to get there if you enter the airlock.

Shitty fucking guide, saved over when it was last possible to get there now. F

• Like 1

honest hearts...

:bones:<{ i posted this while taking a shit!! }

Honest hearts was a joke. A whole bunch of tree humpers throwing spears at the guy with a 50 cal rifle... They need to program a little more common sense into the CPU's. Although, the stupid and naive CPU have always been part of fallout, and it wouldn't be the same without them

i think it fits into the world of fallout, because the fallout world still feels tribal, especially throughout new vegas... but it is the easiest DLC of both fallouts... there are some tough creatures like the bigger cazadors and giant green geckos... and the return of the yao guai... but yea, spears and tomahawks are a bit weak... as well as the weak pistols... but the 12.7mm weapons make it tougher for later leveled characters... this add-on is best played early on...

tanya01.jpg

just hanging with some of my friends (looking like an alien myself lol)... i actually finished this last night, but it's on to onley powerworks from here... the power of the wasteland hangs in the balance and i was stuck fighting those little green buggers for a while... the funny thing was, i had fawkes with me when i got abducted in the middle of the day... when i got transported back to the wasteland after it was all done, it was day time and there was fawkes just standing right next to me, ready to follow me like i was only gone for a minute or two :D... this series never ceases to put a smile on my face...

i am playing this game as a silent assassin, my companions do a good job at distracting the enemy... or in fawkes case, kill 'em before i get a shot in... i never gave CQC a chance in fallout 3... that chinese stealth armor makes me completely unnoticeable, and jengwei's showcksword could kill any alien, cloaked or not, in a single blow... it's when i get spotted that i have a harder time... those aliens are fucking tough when they're cloaked...

For someone who has never played a Fallout game before, which game would be good to start with? I was recently going to get New Vegas but I didn't know if the first three games were required to understand it.

Start with Fallout 3. For the first two, just go to The Vault and read about however much interests you, unless you're into dated, top-down, turn-based rpgs, which case, go ahead and buy the first two.

Oh, and make sure you get the Game of the Year Edition of 3, you'll want all the DLC.

To clarify, you don't need to play 3 to understand New Vegas (1 and 2 share a lot of story with New Vegas, though), I just strongly suggest you play it because it's fucking awesome.

• Like 1

angeal, I just picked up Fallout 3 GOTY last week or so and as another who had never played the series, I can attest - you won't be disappointed.

@gtagrl Cool. Looking forward to playing something fun. By the way, A friend of mine put me off from buying this game in the first place a while ago because he said that it was unplayable due to glitches. You guys know anything about that?

I've never had any noteworthy glitches playing either 3 or New Vegas. I'm fairly certain there's just a handful of people whose game froze at an inopportune moment and are still butthurt to this day.

it's the PS3 that causes more issues... and the issues go back as far as oblivion... obsidian busted bethesda on the problem last fall when skyrim had issues, and they were right... if you go all the way back to the old GTA4.TV forums, i always stated that the bigger the file size on the oblivion engine, the more issues the engine had... it's too much data to remember with every travel transition or reload on any system, and add the fact that it had to draw it from a few different locations at the same time...

but obsidian is right, they do some sort of partition save on the PS3, which "apparently" is why it struggles to read it all at once i assume... i had to restart mothership zeta twice because the system struggled to handle all of the action on screen... they've done a tremendous job of patching the engine, but i remember when it crashed every 20 minutes in all the add-ons... and even in the DC wasteland once more data was added to the base game... same for new vegas AND skyrim...

but you're playing on the PC, there's nothing to ever worry about if you're PC'n it up...

As with both Bethesda games i've played, turning autosave off seems to remove the crashing and lagging issues. At least 99% of them.

I'll keep that in mind if I encounter any problems, good tip. I'm not a big fan of autosave anyway, sometimes you want to be able to go back.

For reference for anyone going for Alien Archivist don't use this for help http://fallout.wikia...ve_recorded_log
  1. Waste Disposal (via Maintenance Level) As mentioned above you MUST get this before entering the airlock! (1 total) (note that you can do step 3, 4, and 5 in any order)
    • The recording {19} is in the southwest portion of the waste disposal map, to the right as you enter the 'ambush' room (after Sally mentions their radios going quiet, after traversing the string of rooms she unlocks for you one-by-one). Also, you will want to pick up the samurai's sword which is located in a closet that is full of medical supplies that you encounter just before you teleport from this area.

See how it DOESN'T mention that you cant get there if you destroy the 3 generators? It only mentions you being unable to get there if you enter the airlock. Shitty fucking guide, saved over when it was last possible to get there now. F

A lot of the Wiki is incomplete. I've gotten this achievement before so I know the location,

what I recommend is going for the Maintenance Teleporter first, before anything else, and save.

Then once you're in with Sally, take your time. Entry 19 is actually easy to find, or at least it was

for me on all previous plays, about 6 now. The difficult find is General Chase's Overcoat in the footlocker.

Since you know you're going to be locked out, and you know you can't get back in for # 19, it's easy to miss.

As you enter the U-shaped room with aliens up top behind you, the footlocker is on the floor over the rail,

to the right as you enter. That one I've missed on at least two previous plays. This time got it all again,

the coat and holotape, archive # 19, and the Samurai Sword at the end of the waste area by all the med supplies.

(Then you will have two Samurai Swords by DLC ending.) The Swords look good when displayed with the others

that I have which are Jingei's Shocksword and the Vampire's Edge from Vance.

Also the Wiki is *really* short of all the Enclave Outposts. They miss at least 3 that I've found.

As usual, whenever I add an entry to the Wiki, it gets deleted so fuck those guys.

Best bet for special areas like this one on the alien ship is just playing through a number of times.

This time I have the Child at Heart Perk so Sally unlocks that door in Engineering that I always had

not accessible. Three storage containers of loot just for asking her if she has a stash.

• Like 1

Never underestimate the helpfulness of a child. Child at Heart comes in handy so many times.

It's been really great. I remember the Animal Friend Perk being okay, but nowhere near as cool as Child at Heart.

EDIT: Massacre you'll be happy to know, this go I saved the Krivbeknih, on my Megaton bedroom desk

along with like 100 Skill Books no longer needed. No sacrificing this relic on this play, it's just that Evil.

The_Krivbeknih.jpg