Massacre

Fallout

icon11.gif

got the rifle

The Xuanlong? Or the standard Chinese Assault Rifle.....either way looking good man!

I think it was bOnEs who first mastered the code of Prime in the Museum of Technology.

If that is the Xuanlong you have, great job. If not, the special version can be had through

a side quest at the Tech Museum. Very tricky, I failed it my first time. Worth the work though.

I balanced my Chinese Assault Rifles for Pronto in Paradise Falls, and repair for the Xuanlong.

i looked it up :ph34r:... i suck at math and algorithms... but i did notice something was fishy with the terminals and knew i had to look it up after i blew the first one... the chinese assault rifle is a great all-around weapon anyways, the xuanlong just packs a little more punch... i hope you're saving all those spare weapons you collect since you can't sell everything all at once... you'll need same-modeled weapons to repair with, to save spending caps... otherwise, i am pretty sure moria in megaton is currently the best option for repairing equipment...

i looked it up :ph34r:... i suck at math and algorithms... but i did notice something was fishy with the terminals and knew i had to look it up after i blew the first one... the chinese assault rifle is a great all-around weapon anyways, the xuanlong just packs a little more punch... i hope you're saving all those spare weapons you collect since you can't sell everything all at once... you'll need same-modeled weapons to repair with, to save spending caps... otherwise, i am pretty sure moria in megaton is currently the best option for repairing equipment...

Took me a few games to realize this, but once you get with Uncle Roe in Canterbury,

the 2nd option of management is what drives up the vendors' repair levels so high.

There is the first level of investment in Doc Hoff, Lucky Harith, Crow, and Crazy Wolfgang.

That is what gets you their gifts next time they see you. But if you talk to Uncle Roe on the

next level of investment, that is what drives up the vendors' humongous repair abilities, around 17%.

I never go past that level anymore, it's like 100 caps first, then 350 caps second, with the speech checks.

(Without speech it's like 200 caps then 500 caps)

Moira - Gotta hate her, except she gives the most valuable side mission in the game.

Kind of why I always take the repair level ups, I hate not being able to do it myself.

I remember always lugging 5 Vault 101 Security Armor outfits to Megaton because I can't repair...

Thanks goodness for Haley in Point Lookout - The glitch that drives him up to 100% repair, still works!

Thanks for manning up on that one bOnEs, I always thought you got a perfect score!!!

I like looking at the Wiki for things like that, to save time. Sometimes they have the data we need.

icon11.gif

so, you uhh, specializing in both gun skills then??

Naw, just sold me old laser rifle. it was having a hard time finding ammo for it. but now I've bin to rivet city I can buy them pretty easy. I'm waiting to kill another enclave soldier so I can snatch his.

icon11.gif

got the rifle

The Xuanlong? Or the standard Chinese Assault Rifle.....either way looking good man!

It's the Xuanlong

Carrying around a heavy ass mini-gun is a pain in the ass. I plan on using heavy armor too, should have put more stats in strength.

When the fuck will I be able to do the heavy armor training?

and what are you talking about, the price of gun repairs goes up?

the better the repair skill of the merchant, the more it costs... it's best to repair yourself... and i've never used heavy armor, maybe an occasional helmet, but the brotherhood trains you, either the lyon's pride or the outcasts, depending on which one you help first...

icon11.gif

so, you uhh, specializing in both gun skills then??

Naw, just sold me old laser rifle. it was having a hard time finding ammo for it. but now I've bin to rivet city I can buy them pretty easy. I'm waiting to kill another enclave soldier so I can snatch his.

icon11.gif

got the rifle

It's the Xuanlong

Carrying around a heavy ass mini-gun is a pain in the ass. I plan on using heavy armor too, should have put more stats in strength.

When the fuck will I be able to do the heavy armor training?

and what are you talking about, the price of gun repairs goes up?

Nice work getting the Xuanlong Assault Rifle.

The *skill* of repair people can go up. Yours as well, obviously.

You're not concerned with the cost, just their skill.

If it is not as good as your own, don't pay.

But, they may have the parts and the skill, then you want to pay.

Bottom line, you want the repair skill yourself.

In one of the DLC's there is a guy who can be maxed at repair skill.

(Haley in Point Lookout)

Here's a trick, if you have the GOTY, or all the DLC's loaded on one PC game load.

You get Power Armor training by the Brotherhood of Steel following the main storyline.

You must wait until after you gain access to the Citadel to get Power Armor training, normal game play.

BUT - You can get it faster by doing the first DLC, called "Operation Anchorage"...

This will kill a few main Fallout 3 side quests though, such as "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head"

as well as the BOS will not need to train you in Power Armor because you already have it.

Word to the wise, if you are playing on easy or normal, wait until about Level 10 before going for it.

Operation: Anchorage will allow you to wear Power Armor early in the game, as well as giving you

the most awesome Chinese Stealth Armor as a reward. You will also get a few other rare weapons as rewards.

Also there is a perk for gathering all of the intel similar to Call of Duty. Look to the Wiki or any other guide,

to find all of the intel in Operation :Anchorage and get that perk, it's always valuable to get a perk in Fallout 3.

Remember you want to be at a certain level before doing the first DLC.

It's a sim, and if you get killed in the sim, you get killed in the game.

I think I've heard of players here at this forum doing it as early as level 9.

Read the Wiki on Mr.Crowley's Mission, "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head"

and if you are comfortable with blowing that off, then go for Operation:Anchorage.

[He thinks you stole what was his, because you recieved the Winterized T-51B Armor,

which means the regular T-51B armor from Fort Constantine to him.]

What I normally do is as much of Crowley's mission as possible, then go for the DLC early.

That way I get the mission credit and then I go for the DLC, just so I have power armor training

and the very very very valuable Chinese Stealth Armor. It's like Stealth Boys but they don't expire!

Just staying crouched keeps the stealth field active. It's up to you to have a stealth skill to back it.

i've been to anchorage as early as level 6 on a file, but left at 11 i think... i brought the fatman (from GNR) for the overlords :D... that tech cache is good for just about any style of play... there's a little bit of everything in there... the pitt is easier IMO though...

care to elaborate on the crowley quest block?? how does operation anchorage block that quest?? i remember hearing about that, but i can't figure out what that was... there's a lot of ways to blow that quest...

care to elaborate on the crowley quest block?? how does operation anchorage block that quest?? i remember hearing about that, but i can't figure out what that was... there's a lot of ways to blow that quest...

If you do OA before completing Crowley's quest, then you have the Winterized T-51B Armor.

This is of course, after starting it. You have the T-51B Winterized, and his in-game reaction is:

"You took from me what was rightfully mine" - even if you have not gathered the regular T-51B from Constantine.

A couple years ago I learned to get [speech] all the keys first, then plot out the Tenpenny plan for the ghouls.

Do the ghoul take over, with the mask, loot Tenpenny for all the vendor keys, and take Tenpenny's remains

to Crowley. He will accept 3 keys and Tenpenny's death and head for Constantine. Kill him, and go ahead and

fast travel to Constantine. Get the T-51B, and *then* do the Operat6ion Anchorage to avoid the problem.

That's if you want to complete that mission.

If you don't care, just do the DLC first and you won't have/complete Crowley's mission.

ahh!!! that's right, crowley thinks the t-51b armor you get from OA is the one he's looking for... damn i guess i forgot about that one... knew about it, but never tried to do that mission after i got the winterized version... i should talk to him on my latest file when i finally attack most of the side quests... he'll get pissed to know i got a better version...

ahh!!! that's right, crowley thinks the t-51b armor you get from OA is the one he's looking for... damn i guess i forgot about that one... knew about it, but never tried to do that mission after i got the winterized version... i should talk to him on my latest file when i finally attack most of the side quests... he'll get pissed to know i got a better version...

I think all he will tell you is, "You took what was rightfully mine"

With no other dialog option other than the usual negative, fuck off, leave me alone, etc. type of thing.

This is similar to a failed speech check, with no more speech options available.

NOTE: The game has been patched so that Pappy can no longer give infinite karma,

for the speech check on the subject of his relationship with the mega hottie Bittercup.

I used to use that against him a few years ago, but no longer.....still she is a sweet piece of goth idiocy.

Always go for the relationship option with her so you can return to Bigtown for her gifts.

Includes Nuka Colas.

On that note, here's a tip for a goody two shoes good karma player in Megaton.

The gift bringer can give stimpacks, bottle caps, food, and ammo.

That is nothing to laugh at if you are trying to survive.....

icon11.gif

Yah Im getting a gift now pretty much everytime I leave my Megaton house.

That's the beauty of a good karma character.

It gets better.

Good to hear you have the Megaton house.

You should tell us what else you have, you've been busy....

icon11.gif

I figured it was easier to show you what I got, rather than typing it out. (just did intense training to raise my carrying capacity)

but yah, pretty much mini gun. use the Xuanlong when I run out of amao. Cant really use the laser rifle right now. I do kick way more ass with it than the Xuanlong but I cant find other laser rifles to repair it with. and any person wants like 800 caps to fix it. fuck that.

post-39-0-67452300-1344367414_thumb.jpg

damn, you got a very high big guns skill with only being at level 10... those size matter perks add 15 each, right?? yea, the early perks are kind of hard to decide on, it's slim pickings through the first 8 levels... i find myself using a couple of perks to put a point into my SPECIAL stats...

but that big gun skill, you might as well use them throughout now... start buying ammo for that minigun, and use small merchants or scavengers for repair since the low level repair skill should keep the price low since they don't repair all that much... the flamer is also considered a big gun even though its a flammable weapon...

Hematophage. You ended the dispute peacefully. Knew you were on that quest when you mentioned the mirelurks, that's the same place they kicked my ass when I first started playing.

icon11.gif

Yah I figured the addition of 15 is pretty dam good. That and I wanted this character to be a big gun heavy armour brute. Thats why I went with a lot of Endurance. Perception adds to energy guns. I figured overall those would be stronger. Not sure if they are still, but I do know they are hard to come by lol.

Hematophage. You ended the dispute peacefully. Knew you were on that quest when you mentioned the mirelurks, that's the same place they kicked my ass when I first started playing.

Yah I ended up walking across the wasteland to some train station. the wiki said it was the better route lol.

icon11.gif

I usually heal with everything but stimpacks.

IDK I feel like I need to conserve them, but I got like 24 of them now and I've never bought any. I just find them.

I ended up with 2000-something by the end of Mothership Zeta. Once I got the hang of the game and got my hands on one of the rewards from Operation: Anchorage, I probably used less than 20 healing items my entire time playing.

Edit: My point being, you will too, regardless of what gear you're rocking.

That thing carried me through my whole first file. Never needed to sport anything else. It'll always hold a special place in the Enclave footlocker that sits where my heart should be.

• Like 1

Only time I found a use for the flamer was against the

trogs in the pitt. Kills the cunts right off

other wise I never used it. Similarly I only used melee weapons at the start of the game against the wild animals you see on the way to Megaton, and then on the way to GNR

icon11.gif

Sittin pretty with my gatling laser and tesla armour with my giant mutant buddy.

got line 7 chinese rifles and 5 laser rifles stashed away to repair my Xuanlong and laser rifles.

Probably wont have amao for this galtlng laser for long. got nuff for my minigun tho, and its in decent shape.

post-39-0-43156900-1344407176_thumb.jpg