NeelReel

GTAO DLC Topic

i have too way back in the day... hours for a few seconds lol... i feel like the editor might make that a little easier to handle if i can constantly splice the film into micro seconds of pausing... we'll see, just a thought...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52492/labor-day-weekend-sales-plus-bonus-gta-rp-in-gta-online

Labor Day Weekend Sales Plus Bonus GTA$ & RP in GTA Online: September 4th – 7th

actual_1441374539.jpg

Never ones to miss out on the chance to commandeer a holiday as an excuse for promotional discounts, the Los Santos Chamber Of Commerce is celebrating Labor Day in Southern San Andreas with a docket of new deals in GTA Online this weekend, along with bonuses on select recreational activities.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH: ELITAS TRAVEL LABOR DAY SALE

For all weekend jet setters, the online leader in executive aviation sales is offering a 25% discount on all aircraft and sponsoring 2X RP & GTA$ payouts on all Air Races and Parachuting Jobs for aerial thrill-seekers.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH: LEGENDARY MOTORSPORT LABOR DAY SALE

On Saturday, the purveyors of high-performance vehicles are slashing prices across virtually their entire inventory by 25%, and also staking 2X RP & GTA$ payouts for all Land Races.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH: DOCKTEASE LABOR DAY SALE

Whether it's a leisurely sail off the coast of Chumash you're after or a speedboat to draw stares from Vespucci Beach, the boat of your dreams is 25% off this Sunday at Docktease. And if competitive watersports are more your thing, take advantage of 2X RP & GTA$ payouts for all Sea Races.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH: WARSTOCK CACHE & CARRY LABOR DAY SALE

Cap off the long weekend with some urban warfare compliments of Warstock Cache & Carry. All day Monday, get 25% off their entire stock and earn 2X RP & GTA$ payouts in all Deathmatches.

I've got $17 million burning a hole in my pocket and there's nothing that takes my interest to spend it on - well certainly not for my main character anyway.  Might see what I can buy for my second character.

• Like 1

Video and info on Freemode, coming out Sept 15 :jumpy:

Freemode Events in Grand Theft Auto Online are a new advancement in open world gameplay, giving players access to a range of seamlessly integrated games and challenges in GTA Online’s Freemode. Taking full advantage of the latest generation of consoles and PC hardware, there are no menus, lobbies, or load times – just an open Freemode session filled with Friends, Crewmates, rivals, and randoms where spontaneous and chaotic new games and challenges will appear.

One of these events can kick off at any given moment while in Freemode, and you can customize your session to decide exactly which ones will happen – so you can play as much or as little of this new content as you like. With countless variations on each Freemode Event, there are tons of unique new experiences, each offering new opportunities for reaping GTA$ and RP in GTA Online.

Feeling locked and stocked? Look out for King of the Castle – an every man for himself turf war where you’ll need to ascend and claim the designated ‘castle’ as your territory – and then fend off everyone else as they go all out to dethrone you. Form fragile alliances and work together in modes like Hunt the Beast, where one volunteer is temporarily transformed into a faster, stronger, beastly character who must escape relentless pursuers. Freemode Events also take the shape of insane stunt challenges, such as popping the longest wheelie, catching the most air in a land vehicle, or performing the most near misses in a vehicle without crashing.

Also included with next week's update are two brand new Adversary Modes. First, Hunting Pack: you’re part of a team tasked to deliver a priority vehicle rigged to explode if it drops below a minimum speed, while your opponents race, ram and batter to take it down. Or try Cross the Line, where heavily-armed squads face off across a neutral zone – with the goal of having all team members strategically penetrate their opponents’ territory to claim victory. The Freemode Events Update also brings the Rockstar Editor to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with new features (also being added for current PC users as well) such as an ambient audio and sound effects library, Snapmatic integration, Director Mode updates and more.

------

And a good preview article from IGN

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/freemode-events-are-gta-onlines-biggest-change-since-heists

and this is why we'll never see anymore single player content :(...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/how-gta-online-has-changed-rockstar-north

I swear, they're starting to believe their own bullshit.

No story mode DLC, and GTA VI is no less than five years away, guaranteed. Nothing they could ever possibly do with GTAO makes this acceptable.

• Like 1

and this is why we'll never see anymore single player content :(...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/how-gta-online-has-changed-rockstar-north

To say I'm disappointed is a slight understatement!  And to tie us over, we get another mediocre GTA Online update, not to mention they seem to dismiss more/new heists as "too complicated".  Pfft!  <_<

• Like 1

I was always of the opinion that SP DLC was never on the cards but at least they could add some decent missions, events etc for us online hermits...

I am sure playing with others is fun but GTA is built on the single player experience and if they keep moving away from that, then maybe my love affair with them is over...  *removes arm around Rockstar's shoulders, slides a little closer to Bethesda* 

• Like 4

8 million people log into GTAO weekly... that's still pretty impressive for a game that's 2 years old now, and failed right out of the gate lol... no wonder they want to keep supporting it, people keep playing and buying shark cards... but the fact that the entire team is still currently focused on GTAO means we probably wont see a new entry into the series until near the end of this current gen... and then they'll make us buy the game twice, again... i see their strategy...

perhaps they need to do their city building online then, so we have new places to explore... also, now that they've ditched lastgen, i wonder if we'll see animals online?? ;)... perhaps the creator will expand??!!

some of those freemode events look kinda fun tho, we'll have plenty of time to check em out tuesday B)... they even said there were like 10 more modes or something too... that's kind of a crazy big addition... now let's hope they're at least fun...

buuuut, we'll probably not like most of them anyways...

Mass,you should at least join us once or twice at least try out these new modes.

I'm kinda liking the look after ditching the last gen consoles,just bare in mind that at least I think this is the first update that left out the others that were holding back the current gen so maybe hopefully they'll put out some better content.

Edited by TheLunaticFringe

If their main focus is Online, then they will push out better content now, because they want to convert every last-gen player to new and boost their profits. It's another money making scheme, and i bet that we'll get a couple of semi-decent updates then back to the usual shit.

If it took them over a year to develop just heists, and that was their big game selling point, then i'm not that excited about the future, because heists were not all that in the end.

I hope this new update actually works out. Seamless events in a freeroam without loading sounds good for crew nights. The last few weeks have felt a little stale, crew night was turning into chat night in freemode.

I moved on to PC. If Rockstar won't add what I want then I'll just look to the modding community for stuff to do in single player. As for GTAO, I'll try joining you guys in the coming crew nights, but that's only because I missed talking to you fine folks while half asleep.

• Like 1

When GTAO arrived I was imagining an online coop story at some point. If heists are too hard, that's out. So what could they possibly produce that isn't as complicated as heists, takes advantage of current gen capabilities AND is worth playing?

That funmw2 guy from gtaforums has been reading through the latest patch code, and seems to have found strings of code for a new ("LOW") Low Rider content pack incoming. Some old cars will have the lowrider functionality added in LS Customs as well as a couple of new rides.

As suspected.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52515/gta-online-lowriders-coming-next-week-october-20th

201508_1030_hbdcc_sm.jpg

• Like 4

moonbeam confirmed to be making a comeback...

post-24-0-48466300-1444941506.jpg

other car names being thrown out there is the faction... i see a convertible buccaneer, and a clean voodoo... this is definitely the best DLC since heists, IMO... can't wait, trying to get the day off from work, we'll see!! :lol:...

i'm kinda curious as to how the audio system stuff works... can you hear the bass outside the car?? and when they say play your favorite tunes, can we pick which song plays when we pop the trunk?? i once got banned from GTA warehouse a dozen years ago when i made suggestions like that for VC and some mod told me that was a stupid idea :lol:...

• Like 4