If the new consoles are backwards compatible (which they better be), than we won't end up needing to buy a new copy...but then again, making new copies specifically for next gens will let us see the full potential of GTA V (graphics wise, and performance wise). It could also benefit their sales in certain ways. Let's just hope for no more delays.

if they are backwards compatable, do you think that we would be able to play multiplayer ps3 games on the ps4? like play against people using ps3's for gta?

I would hope that the Playstation Network and Xbox Live carry on to the next gen. It would save them money since they wouldn't have to create a new online system, they wouldn't have to deal with the hate mail that will come from a lot of players who are still stuck with their 360 of PS3, and cross console multiplayer would be possible. My theory is that they will update system hardware and software on next gen consoles, but keep the compatibility of the online service, so we can play and continue to use our downloaded content, and in a game so close to the border of the console gens like GTA V, it seems like it would be necessary, to keep the community together. Basically, since GTA V should work the same on both systems (multiplayer and singleplayer alike), as long as both consoles keep the same online service, I don't see why we couldn't play with people on different consoles (obviously Xbox to Xbox, PS to PS)

Here is your proof that GTA V will NOT be coming to next-gen consoles. Rockstar has stated:

"To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be."

Now please stop the pointless theories? I'd hate to say I told you so in a few months time...

Here is your proof that GTA V will NOT be coming to next-gen consoles. Rockstar has stated:

"To those of you saying or seeing various conspiracy theories about there being some other ulterior motive for this delay, rest assured that they’re all nonsense – literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be."

Now please stop the pointless theories? I'd hate to say I told you so in a few months time...

That statement doesn't mean there couldn't be an updated, and enhanced version of GTA V released for the Next Gen Consoles futher down the track.

Nice try though. :whistle:

it's proof enough for the people who think that it someone isn't coming to ps3 and 360. and to think this debate continued after the ceo said that. people are stupid.

there could be an updated version on the next gen, but we will have the best rockstar can do on the current gen, they aren't going to scale it back like some people have suggested.

i thought max payne had a 30th march release date but i can't find anything suggesting that. but i know for months i joked to my mum that she wasn't getting anything for her bday (march 30th) because i'd have spent the cash on max payne lol

i thought max payne had a 30th march release date but i can't find anything suggesting that. but i know for months i joked to my mum that she wasn't getting anything for her bday (march 30th) because i'd have spent the cash on max payne lol

It had a March release date and was pushed back to May, I don't remember the actual date of it.

Some moderators have no vision at all. GTA5 and next gen systems will have a thread and I will be there writing that I was the first to start one and it was blocked because it was a user/member idea. Be happy bOnEs !!!

Did anyone think that when they finish GTA V, they will start working on gta 6 over 1/3 years when ps4/xbox720 come out.

So 2 years + 8/9 years developing is 10/11 years waiting for Grand Theft Auto VI

And that the ipad is 5 times bigger than the iphone 5

Some moderators have no vision at all. GTA5 and next gen systems will have a thread and I will be there writing that I was the first to start one and it was blocked because it was a user/member idea. Be happy bOnEs !!!

Shut up.

Shut up.

WHY ? Explain why R* removed ps3 and 360 logos from GTAV homepage after the delay announcement http://www.rockstargames.com/V/ You shut up!

Shut up.

WHY ? Explain why R* removed ps3 and 360 logos from GTAV homepage after the delay announcement http://www.rockstargames.com/V/ You shut up!

It was the Illuminati!

Shut up.

So you had a PS4/Xbox720 GTA5 thread, and they closed it huh. Probably because there's no point having one when we have no news or evidence to say the game will be on next gen so there's be nothing to talk about.

"Hey guys look, they took the console logo's off the site, Wot daz dis meenz??!"

"Oh yeah, don't know."

The End

But I can't see them making a next gen game then downgrading it to this gen, release it on this gen, let everyone buy it, then release a bigger/better version 6 months later on the next gen, they'd get crucified.

As for taking the logo's off the site, it's because it's now a PS3 Exclusive which everyone knows so there's no point in having the logo on there. (Y)

Did anyone think that when they finish GTA V, they will start working on gta 6 over 1/3 years when ps4/xbox720 come out.

So 2 years + 8/9 years developing is 10/11 years waiting for Grand Theft Auto VI

And that the ipad is 5 times bigger than the iphone 5

:mellow: You're strange.

Dear Craze:

I think Rockstar was always developing GTA V for the current console generation ( PS3 and Xbox 360 ). But I can see no reason why they can't update the graphics ( and maybe the engine ), and add other effects for the Next Generation Consoles. This could be 6 months after they release NG Consoles, or even 6 years afterwards. I mean if they're releasing an enhanced version for the PC further down the track ( which is a very likely possibility ). I can see no reason why it can't be done for the Next Generation of Consoles.

P.S. Not trying to start an argument, just sharing some opinions on the matter. :D

I think Rockstar was always developing GTA V for the current console generation ( PS3 and Xbox 360 ). But I can see no reason why they can't update the graphics ( and maybe the engine ), and add other effects for the Next Generation Consoles. This could be 6 months after they release NG Consoles, or even 6 years afterwards. I mean if they're releasing an enhanced version for the PC further down the track ( which is a very likely possibility ). I can see no reason why it can't be done for the Next Generation of Consoles.

Fair enough, then my question is, if you knew that they'd bring it out bigger and better version on the Next Gen consoles only a few months after they released it on this Gen, would you still pay top price for it when it comes out in Sept? It'd be like buying an LED tv now rather than wait six months for an OLED tv with no price difference. Personally if Sony announce the PS4's release date before V comes out and it's within 6 months of the date, I'll quite happily wait and save my money.

thats not proof.. proof is "No, its only on current gen"..

Fair enough, then my question is, if you knew that they'd bring it out bigger and better version on the Next Gen consoles only a few months after they released it on this Gen, would you still pay top price for it when it comes out in Sept? It'd be like buying an LED tv now rather than wait six months for an OLED tv with no price difference. Personally if Sony announce the PS4's release date before V comes out and it's within 6 months of the date, I'll quite happily wait and save my money.

If it turns out to be the game I'm hoping it to be, I'd happily pay for it 10 times.

Billions of dollars go towards shitty games like Call of Duty, so I'll happily financially support better quality games. So that hopefully in the future developers like Rockstar will still have the money too compete with assholes like Activision. Creating great original games, and continuing to evolve gaming as a genre. I want bigger and better worlds, full of great characters and stories. I want games to push the boundaries, of what we as gamers think that they can do.

And everyone who wants this should be supporting Rockstar's latest Open-World Offering, over the same Bland and Boring, Online, Pray-N-Spray, Corridor Shooters.................................

.................... Although then again I do like me some Zombie killing once and awhile. :D

• Like 1