Zelnick also clarified the justification for delaying Grand Theft Auto V, stating, "The reason the title is coming out in September is that it’s the time required to make sure it’s everything everyone expects and then some.” When asked about the possibility of releasing Rockstar's next game on both current consoles and next generation hardware, Zelnick said, "There is not one gamer who’s going to sit it out on GTA V hoping there’s something down the road that’s better.” Zelnick also cited the small initial install base that comes with new consoles as a reason for remaining on existing hardware.

Though he isn't open about next-gen concerning GTAV, Zelnick thinks Take-Two is "extremely well-positioned" when it comes to taking on a new generation of hardware. “We really can’t talk about next-gen because we’re not the ones to talk about it first," he continued, before stating that Take-Two does not "have any reason to believe our development budgets will change" in the wake of annualized franchises on next-gen platforms.

Take-Two seems poised to take on new hardware when the time is right, it's just a matter of Sony or Microsoft opening up about what's next. Until then, "Everyone is excited about the possibilities," said Zelnick.

what lol?

He saw the same article on IGN, same as me.

It's a she.

My Bad. I thought it was a He because of the male child in the profile picture.

And I couldn't discern her sexual orientation from the unintelligible username either. Anyway now I know. ^_^

GAME still have the posters up in their shop with the "coming spring 2013" bit on it. I lol'd.

On the GTA V website, they still have Spring 2013 at the end of the 2nd trailer.

Maybe they should release a new Trailer with the new Release Date. Maybe one showing what the storyline is about. :D

• Like 1

It wont be the PS4. That console wont be released for another year or even two.

Rockstar wont be delaying things THAT long.

Proof? More signs point towards the announcement of the PS4 than anything at this point. It is to much of a coincidence at this moment.

I also think that GTA5 will be the first hit on next generation systems, Take2 repeated lots of the times that they are already developing next generation games, they didnt confirm GTA5 will be a next generation product, but the timing looks very tight.

I just saw GTA5 homepage and theres no ps3 or 360 logos on display! I think I already saw the logos some weeks ago, if Im wrong correct me.

It wont be the PS4. That console wont be released for another year or even two.

Rockstar wont be delaying things THAT long.

Proof? More signs point towards the announcement of the PS4 than anything at this point. It is to much of a coincidence at this moment.

Exactly my thoughts.