JamieMilne

Call of Duty

Your post is lacking information. You didn't say beat it in what? Will it beat it in Sales possibly Call of Duty is a very large brand it's also a very large cash cow racking in around $1 Billion a year.

Call of Duty Black Ops Launch Figures

Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold more than 5.6 million copies, 4.2 million in the U.S. and 1.4 million in the UK, breaking the record set by its predecessor Modern Warfare 2 by some 2.3 million copies.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Launch Figures

Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold 6.5 million copies in the U.S. and UK alone and grossed $400 million, making it the biggest entertainment launch of all time.

Grand Theft Auto IV Launch Figures

A major commercial and critical success, it broke industry records with sales of around 3.6 million units on its first day of release and grossing more than $500 million in revenue in the first week, selling an estimated 6 million units worldwide

So If your talking about Sales Figures and Revenue: Yes Grand Theft Auto will be beat by Call of Duty.

I have a feeling it might not. A lot of people would have been hoping for the same setting as the first Black Ops, not this shit.

Robot tanks??? Horses??? Really? Are Activision aiming for some Terminator-Red Dead hybrid?

^ I think by now they've pretty much proven that they could ship dog turd in a shoebox and it would still sell. As for the poll; realistically? No, It is doubtful if GTA5 will even be released this year yet, if it were to beat CoD sales it would have to launch before it and R* would have to ramp up the hype. But it's not even in competition with CoD anyway, they are two different genres.

i hate ultra repetitive FPS's... and that is what describes this franchise... basically you're buying this game for the multiplayer and that's just sad... i would play it if the single player actually had substance, but it's just a mindless shooter...

i will never understand the appeal, probably because i don't play multiplayer a lot...

:bones:<{ i posted this while taking a shit!! }

It's really cool to hate CoD.

I don't hate it, I actually quite enjoyed the first Black Ops. I'm just not a big fan of the Modern Warfare games. I thought they balanced the weapons and perks well in Black Ops so that the multiplayer was actually challenging and enjoyable ninety percent of the time. MW3 felt, to me, like they took everything that worked in Blops and scrapped it. I also won't pretend that the games are perfect; they are rushed out every year in Beta-like form so that Activision can make a quick buck, yet all the kids lap it up, hence my previous post.

I think far too many people hate CoD because of a bandwagon thing. I completely accept that they hash out practically the same thing every year, but I suppose a lot of franchise games do that. The Call of Duty series really helped change FPS shooters imo (with CoD2 and MW in particular). It's too bad that CoD is only remembered for being a repetitive multiplayer game, synonymous with 12 year olds...

Don't mistake what i'm saying though. I do concede that CoD is practically the same thing every year, but with more shit smothered on top. But someone has to fill that gap in the market.

I remember when the first black ops was going to come out. Everyone at school was talking about it and I was like stfu

• Like 1

Well this looks crap. Treyarch have fully sold out to the MW franchise... I actually enjoyed the first black ops story as it was based in a realistic timeline. This one looks way too futuristic to make me even care about the story. This is one reason i didn't like MW very much. I always preferred COD over MW as the campaign battles had relevance being based in real wars.

GTA V will sell more than this game...

mw3 is so fucking annoying, I bought it when it came out, not because I am a fan but because someone insisted on telling me to buy it, now I have dumbasses with akimbo and automatic shotguns running around like there is no tomorrow shooting everything on their way. and then the range on akimbo is fucking ridiculous.

for all that I know I will not be buying another one of these stupid games as it has no fun value, it is just plainly annoying.

All the Modern Warfare fanboys will probably loathe this game, and the whole futuristic robot thing will probably deter most other people. So no, I think it's going to be an appaulling failure. I'm just hoping zombies will make a good return. The last couple maps they released on Black ops really sucked. Other than that I could give less of a fuck about this game

yea, the futuristic story isn't that engaging... i actually like to play in historic battles, which is also why i used to like medal of honor on the PS2... and i've played the shit out of the original call of duty and the expansion pack, "united offensive"... hundreds of hours online playing custom maps, especially a tweaked falaisevilla map...

but the futuristic wars are not that gripping to me... even a game like "homefront" which was based on a potential current north korea offensive, became a little unrealistic when i was controlling an enemy drone tank... when the hell would north korea ever get that kind of tech?? they're still trapped in the 1980's...

futuristic humanity survival games are the where it's at for futuristic wars for me... aliens... crysis comes to mind...

I actually don't mind the setting, it seems as if they are finally trying to do something different. The whole game is not set in the future, parts are set in the eighties during the cold war and decisions you make during these segments will affect what happens in the future segments. If they do it well, it could make for a quite interesting (and lengthier) game.

It's a ridiculous comparison anyway, as I said before; they are two very different genres. I'm about 98% sure GTA is not coming out this year anyway so the answer's still no reguardless of whether I think GTA5 is going to be better or I want it to outsell CoD.

if CoD doesn't want to do historic battles anymore, at least stick to the modern warfare battles... don't do this futuristic warfare, it just doesn't feel like call of duty at all, despite looking exactly like all the ones before it... seriously, are they ever going to improve the game?? i feel like i am looking at the same graphics and engine from the first modern warfare... there comes a time when the engine has to be updated, but when you pump out a game a year, you don't have time to rebuild the engine...

im confused by ur question bcos cod always sucked??? also ofc cod will beat gta, there are just too many nine year olds in the world dat lik linear fps. not enough 14 year olds dat lik roleplaying 2 be sociopath assassin :(

im confused by ur question bcos cod always sucked??? also ofc cod will beat gta, there are just too many nine year olds in the world dat lik linear fps. not enough 14 year olds dat lik roleplaying 2 be sociopath assassin :(

you made a clear point. I asked many of the people (while playing this fucking stupid game which I hate, but I still play called MW3) if they were going to buy gta v, and they either don't have any idea wtf I am talking about, didn't like the gta iv, or they are not into these types of games.

but of course. we can only assume that people would be more prone to buy gta instead of shitty as same shit codbo2 which is retarded in my opinion.

Call of Duty hasn't always sucked. The first is still one of the best FPS' to this day and has a nice underground niche community. 2 was great and 4 was even better. I don't remember 3 but it was downhill after 4, I didn't like GTA IV (mainly because of the poor buggy PC release and then the realism) and probably didn't put an 8th of the hours into it that I did San Andreas and I hope V sees a departure from the realism.