JamieMilne

Call of Duty

Here's the CoD topic. Talk about all this shit here, don't make a new topic for each new game. - Massacre

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modern Warfare 3 shit from ages ago.

From 'Kotaku.com'

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

mw3_president_yuri_volk.jpg

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.

The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

sandman_face_detail_01.jpg

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".

Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".

Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Features Battles in Brooklyn, Clash in Mogadishu

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game.

Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.

Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

Multiplayer Maps

Alpha

Alps

Bootleg

Bravo

Brooklyn

Carbon

Coast

Dome

Exchange

Hardhat

Interchange

Lambeth

Meteora

Mogadishu

Paris

Plaza 2

Radar

Seatown

Underground

Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

Carbon

Dome

Radar

Seatown

Village

Mission

Civilian Rescue

Flood the Market

Invisible Threat

Little Bro's

Out of Africa

No Fly Zone

Wing Man

prague_resistance_rioter_civ_02.jpg

xlarge_1016020191-image2.png

Some Concept Art

londonconceptartmw3.jpg

Attack on London

NYFDMW3.jpg

NYSEMW3.jpg

HRBMW3.jpgTILMW3.jpgBAMW3.jpgPUMW3.jpgSOMW3.jpg

ANYCMW3.jpg

BFSMW3.jpg

BOBMW3.jpg

BSAPMW3.jpg

SMW3.jpgTCMW3.jpg

VDMW3.jpg

Supposed Box Art

BAMW3-1.jpg

Huge collection of pictures and rumours, the box art seems the most fake to me.

Share your thoughts.

Edited by Massacre
  • Like 1

theres a lot more on that site but i thought that was enough for this site cause i wasnt sure of the call of duty games fan base on here and plus to capture them from the vid on that site and crop them on paint and upload them took an hour lol

it looks good but, im sick of call of duty games but

This could be bad for Activision. EA will probably go out and make an exact copy of this game now and release it before they do xD

But seriously the person who leaked all of this info aint gonna be getting a job in any part of the games industry ever again if/when they find out who did it!

Imagine this happened to a GTA game, i'd be happy to see the new info, but saddened that i wont have much to look forward to when it comes out!

This could be bad for Activision. EA will probably go out and make an exact copy of this game now and release it before they do xD

But seriously the person who leaked all of this info aint gonna be getting a job in any part of the games industry ever again if/when they find out who did it!

Imagine this happened to a GTA game, i'd be happy to see the new info, but saddened that i wont have much to look forward to when it comes out!

The whole Modern Warfare series is pretty much just a rip off of Battlefield 2, right down to the name. :P I'm not really that excited about this tbh, I will buy it, but not on release. Unless by some miracle Battlefield 3 turns out to be shite, I will be too occupied with that when this comes out.

I always prefered call of duty to battlefield, many because of its easy pick up and play kind of setup. anyone can pick up Call of Duty and then be good after 5 minutes and kick butt, but Battlefield requires a bit more patience. And that's not what i look for in fps games these days. I'm not really much of a hardcore FPS'er though. I much prefer third person sandbox style games.

Official Teaser Trailer Revealed

i read a comment on another site that said they suspected they are using 'MW3' instead of 'Modern Warfare 3' due to the lawsuit. sounds reasonable, could be true.

Didn't they do the same type of trailer last time?

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure we're about to see a few 'analysis' videos pretty soon.

I find it kind of funny I was just looking at this page: http://gamersheep.com/2011/05/first-mw3-gameplay-screenshot-looks-like-more-of-the-same/ right before I came into this topic.

I can't believe people are still getting excited about this game, especially since it comes out every year now. Don't get me wrong, this game is pretty fun for a little while, but I always end up selling my copy after a little while (ever since CoD4, actually). I'm not hyped up about it, but depending on what releases around the time this game comes out, I'll probably get it. But seeing as Resistance 3 and Battlefield 3 are coming out this year in the Fall, I will most likely skip out on this year's CoD. Who knows, show me some game play first and we'll see what I really think.

Totally bored of these games now. Used to be Call of Duty's biggest fan when it came out originally on PC, but we get shafted time and again and I couldn't give a fuck if this game totally flunks. Of course it won't because there are too many sad virgin fanboys on the consoles who will jizz themselves every 3 months when a new CoD game is pushed out, and again when they pay £10 for a new map every few weeks.

Definitely won't be paying for this game.

• Like 2

lol i'm not a sad vigin fanboy and il be paying for this game day one, fps are basically all the same so i choose to buy the one ive grew up with and that im comfortable playing, when i play killzone of battlefield it doesnt feel right like theres some missing, call of duty fills that gap for me, and even sayin that i hardly ever play it anyway, and dont buy the map packs for for a few months this game will keep me occupied lol

Totally bored of these games now. Used to be Call of Duty's biggest fan when it came out originally on PC, but we get shafted time and again and I couldn't give a fuck if this game totally flunks. Of course it won't because there are too many sad virgin fanboys on the consoles who will jizz themselves every 3 months when a new CoD game is pushed out, and again when they pay £10 for a new map every few weeks.

Definitely won't be paying for this game.

yea, i work with said fanboys... all i have heard for the past couple of days is the new MW3 trailer, and when i was at the midnight launch for LA noire that's all anyone talked about... when i was paying for LA noire before midnight, the guy told me i could get a free poster with my pre-order of MW3... i told him no thanks, he said it's an awesome poster, i told him i don't play call of duty, and he looked at me like i told him his parents were dead...

seriously, the fact that EVERYONE plays it, makes me not want to ever buy it... instead someday in the future i will enjoy the visuals of the single player when i rent it for a couple of nights... i still haven't even played MW2, world at war, and black ops... i am in no rush either...

i'll give credit where credit is due, i thought the launch trailer was badass, but all i saw was homefront 2.0 and crysis 2 all rolled into one... nothing blew me away but it was the premise of WW3 and the music that made the video dramatic... that is all...

play crysis 2 if you want to play an awesome invasion game, that actually feels different than every other shooter on the market...

Anything from the call of duty franchise is

SHIT!

It's the same crap every year, and gullible consumers fall for it every year. All COD Lobby really is is

30% 8-12 year old proud americans

50% hackers/modders

20% people who think the non-hackers/non-modders hack or mod

I fucking hate call of duty its so gay I remember when call of duty was only single player those were the days because big red one was the shit

I always preferred COD to MW, but after Black ops I stopped playing them completely, it is just recycled mechanics every year, with new maps. I loved the good old COD2 multiplayer days tbh...

The whole Modern Warfare series is pretty much just a rip off of Battlefield 2, right down to the name. tongue.gif I'm not really that excited about this tbh, I will buy it, but not on release. Unless by some miracle Battlefield 3 turns out to be shite, I will be too occupied with that when this comes out.

Looking back in retrospect this is quite scary. BF3 turned out to be shite and the story was basically MW 1+2.

EA/Dice really fumbled this one. Stick to Bad Company 2.

Black Ops 2 trailer was just revealed. Looks like some shitty cod set in the future now. Opinions?

A cat falls in the water and the rooster laughs moral of the story wet pussy makes a happy cock

I hate call of duty its a honky game jk but it sucks