Brian

Classic Titles

I remember my grandpa brought a huge box of games home along with an N64, I beleive he got it from a friend.

I remember playing this game and my grandpa would comment on how he would never drive in the same car as me :P

This was also in there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL2TgjwOLks

There were so many I can't think of off the top of my head

OMG Cruisin World!!!! I forgot about the Cruisin series. I remember when I was younger I would always get mad at my dad because he would get the two-tone paint job and I never could.

I might be showing my age but I grew up in game arcades playing the classics like Space Invaders, Galaga and Pac-Man, when I was around 6 or 7 years old. As I got older moved onto to games like Hyper-Olympics, Karate Champ and Rolling Thunder. One of my favourite games around that time was about a fat, fire-breathing Russian in MC Hammer pants - can't remember what is was called now...

I remember when the original Street Fighter came out - the one where you could only play as Ryu or Ken. Became the first in the local arcade to master the "special" moves and was the first to finish the game as a result... Aah good times.

I wish there was a MAME emulater for the Xbox.....

My mate had an Atari 2600 when they first came out and played a bit on the ZX Spectrum before moving on to the C64. Had all sorts of different consoles since then.

But no games then or since has given me as much pleasure as GTA: VC and GTA:SA - my favourite games of all-time

Here's the first screenshot of the Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - remake.

abes_oddysee_hd_1.jpg

Looking pretty cool considering the original looked like this:

oddworld-abes-oddysee-26.jpg

Very interesting, this game was actually very good. Also, very frustrating at times.

Flashback on the Amiga I may be showing my age on this one

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=EauQflxrZH0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEauQflxrZH0

Holy fuck balls it's a free download now and works on win7 it's like prince of persia's granddad who can only jump up and fall down holes. Keyboard controls take some working out mind

Edited by XBOXEDDY
  • Like 1

Paperboy was cool - I remember spending most of my time playing PacLand and some medieval game where you would attack castles with catapults, which was epic for it's time - can't remember it's name

I don't come from a particularly tech-inclined family. I started with an NES. Got an N64 while the PS2 was out, didn't get a PS2 until 2003. Bought my 360 and PS3 myself in 2006 and 2008, respectively.

And my PC (2009, rebuilt in 2010) is still my favorite.

On the subject of classic titles, I probably spent as much time playing the original Legend of Zelda as I have playing Skyrim. Didn't know where to go, didn't give a shit. That was my adventure. My journey.

Golden Axe

golden-axe-1.jpg

Streets of rage

streetsofrage4.gif

Mortal Kombat

gaming-mortal-kombat-arcade-4.jpg

Columns

columns.jpg

I mainly played Sonic, Doom, and the FIFA's before the PS1 came out. Oh, and Shinobi, can't remember which one though.

I think my first console was an Atari, but it blow up when me old man plug it in, think it was secondhand. So instead he went out to Argos and got me the Mega Drive II. I then moved on to the PS consoles and haven't looked back. Also own a Wii but that I bought for the misses, I tried playing on it, but it's just so shit.

Just had a look through this thread and a few titles I think are classics but are not mentioned are: Wonderboy 1&2, Repton 2, Lemmings, Operation Wolf(the first arcade title to use force feedback on the control input, I think), Gauntlet(4 player action in the arcades, Outrun(the game wasn't great but the cabinet moved around as you turned the steering wheel, which was awesome for a 9yr old), and I'm sure there are a few more I could mention but aren't coming to mind at the moment!